The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One Simple Trick To Spend Less Time On Facebook.

MatthewPL

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 5, 2015
Poland, Poznan
Hi Fastlaners!

I wanna show you,

One Simple Trick To Spend Less Time On Facebook (It's work for me so I hope it's work for you too).

Probably everyone have account on Facebook, and friends. Facebook has one option -> FOLLOW xyz

(xyz represent name of your friend) and as default this option follow all of our friends.

So when we log in on Facebook our wall is buried of posts which was published by our friends.

You know that situtation when your friend shared funny pic form 9gag or something similiar? Then you

click on it and boom! You are on that site and it's great chance to start wasting your TIME.

I solved this problem in easy way.

When on your wall shows shitty things shared by your Slowlane friend then

Click on arrow in red rectangle:
And click UNFOLLOW XYZ

1ed6d15354a40f538727bd1301f61cd2.png

I done this with 95-97% of my friends and from that point I spent on Facebook 5-10 mins a day.

When I log in I see only things which I'm interested in.

I hope this will be helpful.

P.S: Sorry for my English. If you see any mistake please tell me about it, in private message.

Cheers, MatthewPL

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bit

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 2, 2015
Boston, MA
I'm trying so hard to bring myself to just uninstall the damn thing from my phone. Nothing but politics, self-made experts and 'mature' people on my newsfeed's.

For the most part, I have quieted the noise, and just see what I want, but theres always that festering feeling of wanting to argue on social media to prove a point to someone who won't matter, on a subject a small few care about, and will probably be forgotten the next day when the news comes out on something else that's dumb.

-I F*cking Love Science
-Entrepreneur, Inc, Biz INSIDERS, FastCo, WSJ, etc, etc
-Notable entrepreneur's facebook feeds
-International affair's media outlets (Foreign Policy)

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
I'm trying so hard to bring myself to just uninstall the damn thing from my phone. Nothing but politics, self-made experts and 'mature' people on my newsfeed's.

For the most part, I have quieted the noise, and just see what I want, but theres always that festering feeling of wanting to argue on social media to prove a point to someone who won't matter, on a subject a small few care about, and will probably be forgotten the next day when the news comes out on something else that's dumb.

-I F*cking Love Science
I hate facebook because of the time drain it is reading other peoples BS about their slowlane woes.

I still have the app on my phone.. i log in maybe ... MAYBE ... once a month.

Just do it. You will be happier afterward

Bit

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 2, 2015
Boston, MA
I hate facebook because of the time drain it is reading other peoples BS about their slowlane woes.

I still have the app on my phone.. i log in maybe ... MAYBE ... once a month.

Just do it. You will be happier afterward

But there may be a time when my 'like' could save a childs life!

Or my 'Share' will show my support to End World Hunger!

or my 'Comment' will put me in a lottery for $1,000,000 and a brand new car!

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
But there may be a time when my 'like' could save a childs life!

Or my 'Share' will show my support to End World Hunger!

or my 'Comment' will put me in a lottery for $1,000,000 and a brand new car!
OR....

Your 'Like' will bring in more revenue for FB
Your 'share' will Promote another company and bring in more revenue for that company and FB
or your 'Comment' will NEVER win you a lottery but again, make more money for facebook.

:)

MatthewPL

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 5, 2015
Poland, Poznan

-I F*cking Love Science
Before you prove something someone else, consider whether it is worth your time.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Facebook has started to get around this by bringing up even more unrelated content regardless of who you are following. I did this and I still get third degree content. Example a friend of mine like a comment on a video someone else watches. Add on top of this the news feature which is quite good at sucking you in too.

Facebook is smart and its aim is to keep you on that platform. Best way is to use an add on and limit the amount of time spent everyday. Or just delete it altogether.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
I solved it by deactivating my account. Facebook is useless. It took me a while to make the decision but I'm glad I did.

MatthewPL

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 5, 2015
Poland, Poznan
I solved it by deactivating my account. Facebook is useless. It took me a while to make the decision but I'm glad I did.
Facebook is useful for marketing your brand in social media, it's good for attract people to your product, imo.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Facebook is useful for marketing your brand in social media, it's good for attract people to your product, imo.

Yeah I should have clarified. I deactivated my personal account and created a new one just so I can manage my facebook business pages.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I used to hate FB, but don't mind it now.

I use it the same way that Matthew does. I never post anything, just use it as a content aggregator, and a rolodex that allows me to contact friends of friends.

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 14, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
http://getcoldturkey.com/

blocks the whole website, and no, you WONT be able to change the settings.

Go gold turkey now!!

P.s. I havent had a phone for 3 weeks. Most productive weeks of my life.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
I basically never use Facebook any more, its always open in a tab but the time line is hidden. I applied these steps to not using it:

If you use chrome, just straight up get this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...stinat/mpebocibjckjgemdmloodkklagmddocd?hl=en

I'm a Firefox user so what I did was set my favorite tab that takes me to Facebook as my own page www.facebook.com/youraccountname
I never leave this page as there's no need to: why waste you time looking at pointless shit on the news feed. I still get to talk with people, see upcoming parties/events but I now only know Facebook as my own personal page. Also I don't post pointless statuses telling everyone about my life, I don't wish happy birthday to people on their 'wall', I tell them in person like a normal social human being should.

I personally have a lot of hate for Facebook. If it didn't have the instant messaging feature I would be out of there. Distance yourself from this, some people send 5 hours a day mind numbing themselves looking at unconscious minded garbage.

Good for brands, not for people.

Omni

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jul 18, 2014

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.