The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

On the verge

GuardianRodina

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 23, 2019
Sedalia, Colorado
My ID:
Catholic, husband, father, entrepreneur.

I'm 27, married and have 2 kids. My wife and I have the common goal to retire early in order to both be stay at home parents so that our kids can grow up without the assembly line minded BS being crammed down their throats 7 hours a day, 5 days a week. Additionally we don't want our kids to grow up with the fear of losing their home as it was for us both growing up and we want to bless those in financial need who've experienced tragedies.

Both our fathers were "entrepreneurs ". Their faults? My father was scared of scaling his company and her father wasn't willing to evolve with the market resulting in both of them having to declare bankruptcy and her parents getting divorced.

I'm the second oldest of ten kids, born to refugees that came to the US escaping death sentences from the Slovakian communist military.

My work life began at age 14 and from then until the age of 25, I've had 9 jobs, almost all of which I quickly moved into management positions and then left due to the lack of control I felt. At 19, I met my wife. We saved $30k and at 21, bought a house and got married. Only thing was the house had no electricity, no running water and the second floor was collapsing into the first floor. It was the most miserable few month of my life and I will always be grateful for it. It was the middle of winter with temperatures hitting -4 degrees Fahrenheit. My wife stayed living with her mother while I lived in this house repairing it paycheck to paycheck using YouTube, google and the city code to learn how to fix everything. For 4 months, I could only afford a single dollar menu item a day to eat due to most of our money going into tools and materials for the home. It took a year but we fixed it, sold it .....and did the same thing 4 more times over 4 years. At 25, I started my own handyman company and we bought our current home cash at $263k and after 2 years of repairs and upgrades, its now valued at $700k.

We thought we were entering the fast lane but after watching shark tank, realized we weren't even close. As of last month, we came up with an invention. We found a problem, came up with a solution and are currently building a prototype. This product is for anyone who has a kitchen, it's affordable, simple and green.

2 weeks ago, I was introduced to "The Millionaire Fastlane ". I finished it in 3 days and then read "Unscripted ". I've never been so pumped in my life! I've learned so much through them and feel affirmed in the path my wife and I are choosing to take. Thank you so much MJ for taking your time to write books that speak truth and inspire people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome story my friend, sounds like you got the tools and the reasons to get it done.

Happy to have you and thanks for the introduction. Hope to CYA around!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...