The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

On the shoulders of the giants: Mental models and Concepts from The very BEST

Anything related to matters of the mind

NanoDrake

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Feb 25, 2018
Malta
Hi Guys

I wanted to share with the forum and with who is interested a project that I'm doing on my week ends, I was spending couple of hours in studying models and mental bias and how to defuse them.
But I noticed that the easiest way to do so, is to think like a Giant, or even better, to think like someone that has choose the right answer majority of the times.
Why study all the over 200 mental bias and effects while you can bring home 80% of the value with 5 key points from Charlie Munger?
I'm adding the lessons I learned from the PRESENT giants and from the PAST ones.
NOTE: I'm a huge believer in the stoic philosophy so in the future, I might go a little bit too much Greco-Roman here, history lovers are welcome.

You will see that a lot of successful people, will say the same thing but with different words.

I will post the first one I have in my excel, if you would like to hear more, just say so or contribute :)

Jordan Peterson
face life looking at it straight into the eyes
TREAT YOURSELF LIKE SOMEONE YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
BEFRIEND PEOPLE THAT WANT YOUR BEST
your environment shapes you, make sure it's supportive.
measures yourself against yourself and do no let ego get in the way
DON'T LIE, ESPECIALLY TO YOURSELF (TAKE FULL RESPONSABILITY)
DO WHAT IS MEANINGFUL, NOT WHAT IS EXPEDIENT
ASSUME THE PERSON IN FRONT OF YOU KNOWS SOMETHING YOU DON'T
BE PRECISE IN YOUR SPEECH
ALWAYS SEE THE POSITIVITY IN LIFE

WILLIAM MCRAVEN
START BY THE SMALL THING TO GET BIG THINGS
SURROUND YOURSELF WITH LIKE MINDED GOOD PEOPLE
YOU CAN'T BE PERFECT, YOU WILL FAIL, BUT PRESS ON
PERSISTANCE BEAST FALURE, DON'T BE AFRAID TO ACT
SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO TAKE CALCULATED RISKS
STAND YOUR GROUND WHILE CHASING YOUR GOAL
PREPARE HARD SO YOU WILL BE YOUR BEST IN THE WORST MOMENT
REMEMBER THAT HOPE AND VISION BEATS THE HARDEST OF THE CONDITIONS
NEVER QUIT

RAY DALIO
BE HYPER REALIST
HAVE CLEAR GOALS
FACE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR CHEST OPEN
WORK ON ROOT CAUSES
THINK IN INVERSE
SURROUND YOURSELF WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE
APPLY THE 80/20 RULE

Julius Cesar
Speak little and GOLD
cowards die many times before their death, so live hic et nunc (don't project too much future scenarios in your head)
I had rather be first in a village than second in Rome
Do what do you say you will do (be reliable)
It is better to create than to learn! Creating is the essence of life.
But Fortune, who is able to do many things… by means of small momentum it is able to effect great changes.
NEVER giving up in the face of adversity
Your reputation preceeds you always
Without training, they lacked knowledge. Without knowledge, they lacked confidence. Without confidence, they lacked victory.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Anothersimon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 3, 2018
Johannesburg
Interesting. Looking forward to more of your sentiments towards Stoicism. I read a bit of the Hortensius but that was ages ago. I love antique philosophy albeit I don't gravitate too much towards dualistic thought.

NanoDrake

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Feb 25, 2018
Malta
Interesting. Looking forward to more of your sentiments towards Stoicism. I read a bit of the Hortensius but that was ages ago. I love antique philosophy albeit I don't gravitate too much towards dualistic thought.
Thank you @Anothersimon , although I'm fond of Stoicism, not really into the philosophical nature of the thought, but more into the practical and "cynical" (lol at the pun) aspect of it, what I can use in my life to build a robust infrastructure to wrap my brain around it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.