What's new

On the road

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

safia

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Jun 17, 2013
Messages
20
Location
PARIS, FRANCE
Rep Bank
$280
User Power: 135%
Hi every one,

It's been a while since you heard from me but during this time, I didn't quit.
Well I rewrote the book I was so overwhelmed with and I gave it to a good reader, asking for her opinion.
Guess what ? She didn't like it. She told me it was well written but the story sucks. You can trust me when I say I was devastated. I was so sure it was a good novel that I fall out of the sky. During a couple of days, I couldn't do anything.
And then, I listened a Jim Rohn seminar. I listened many times the part when he says " if you quit, you lose. you lose automatically if you quit."
I put it on my ears every morning when I went to work, I put it on a wallpaper in my computer, and then again, heard it back to home.
I finally decided to rewrite the novel another time, edit, choose a cover, and publish on KDP with a pen name.
After that, I went on writing another novel. This time I outlined (read books on that) so I knew in advance where my story would go. I wrote a summary of evey chapter. I tried to do it by the book. I wrote this one in two week. It took me many many years for the first one and only two weeks for the second. I gave it to my reader and on day she came to my office (she's a coworker) and she said "it's excellent. this one, you can publish it."
You can imagine my feeling : incredulity, shock, pride and a burning desire of shouting "YES". I was so happy ! Years of my life for a crap and couple of days for something valuable !
Since book 2 which I published on another pen name, I wrote 2 more, applying the same technique : outlining, ploting (a little) chapter with 2500 words approx, 20 chapters. That's the format I found more effective and I wrote Book 3 and 4 in 15 days each. My coworker read the two of them. She liked book 3 and said Book 4 is excellent. I payed attention to her opinion, changing things when she pointed out nosenses or difficulty to understand.
Today 4 books are on Kindle. Sells are not skyrocketing for now (published since june) but that's a start right ? Since the begining of July, I sold 36 books, not that bad even if, of course, it could be far better. Book 2 is the one that sells better (20 in july) but I'm happy because book 1 sells well in Canada (8 in july so far).
I've learnt to fight even when your down, never quit, never let down. Fin a plan, and go for it. Now I'm on the road and I don't plan to go back. I'm starting to write book 5.
it's not easy and the disappointment can come anytime but hey, that's what makes life Worth living right ?
Sorry for the lenght of this post, I had so much to say. And pardon me for my poor English, I'm french so...
Thanks for reading me.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Tuapft moli zua'si neloph qsuhsitt. Duum!

Vjisi't upi vjoph O xuamf moli vu tahhitv: Iyqepf zuas hsuaq ug cive siefist.
Og upmz 1 qistup ot siefoph ov, vjisi ot e jahi gedvus ug qistupem qsigisipdi epf tji ot puv siqsitipvoph zuas xjumi veshiv nesliv. Og zua howi ov vu 5 siefist optvief, zua nohjv gopf vjev vjisi esi sidassoph ottait enuph wesouat qiuqmi epf zua dep vjip veshiv vjuti ottait civvis.

Huuf madl!
 
Ziest ug nz mogi gus e dseq epf duaqmi ug fezt gus tunivjoph wemaecmi !

O fupv vjopl tu. Gus vjuti ziest O jupitvmz haitt zua xisi dupvopauatmz xsovoph, qsedvodoph, tjesqipoph zuas qip ivd. Vjuti tiinophmz optohpogodepv notvelit, geomasit, siemobevoupt dunquapfif vu gusn vji duaqmi ug fezt ug wemaecmi xusl...

eqqmzoph vji teni vidjporai : uavmopoph, qmuvoph (e movvmi) djeqvis xovj 2500 xusft eqqsuy, 20 djeqvist. Vjev't vji gusnev O guapf nusi iggidvowi epf O xsuvi Cuul 3 epf 4 op 15 fezt iedj.

Vjot^^. Vjuti vidjporait fofp'v gemm gsun vji tlz. Zua gusnif vjin vjsuahj zuas iggusv uwis vji ziest vu gopf xjev xuslt

O'wi miespv vu gohjv iwip xjip zuas fuxp, piwis raov, piwis miv fuxp.

:voqjev:
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom