The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

On the Journey

Simon P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Dec 17, 2021
Hi,

I'm Simon. I've been trying loads of different business ideas for the past 15 years without really sticking with anything. After finding myself unemployed because of the pandemic, I luckily stumbled upon Millionaire fastlane . It connected with me and I read it over and over... until Unscripted came out!

6 months ago, I started an online education business, trying to follow the CENT principles and building on the knowledge I'd gained working as an English teacher for 12 years. It's been going well, with consistent profit and I'm now at the point where the concept is proven, and I now need to grow and develop it so it becomes a path to financial freedom.

I hope to share my insights along the way and learn a lot from everyone here.

Looking forward to connecting with you all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hi,

I'm Simon. I've been trying loads of different business ideas for the past 15 years without really sticking with anything. After finding myself unemployed because of the pandemic, I luckily stumbled upon Millionaire fastlane . It connected with me and I read it over and over... until Unscripted came out!

6 months ago, I started an online education business, trying to follow the CENT principles and building on the knowledge I'd gained working as an English teacher for 12 years. It's been going well, with consistent profit and I'm now at the point where the concept is proven, and I now need to grow and develop it so it becomes a path to financial freedom.

Wow, impressive. How did you get that concept off the ground? How did you get your first customers?

Welcome aboard.

Simon P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Dec 17, 2021
Wow, impressive. How did you get that concept off the ground? How did you get your first customers?

Welcome aboard.
Thanks MJ! Great to be here.

When I became unemployed, I wanted to start a business in any field apart from English teaching as I was feeling burnt out. So, I bought a camera, took a course on video editing and tried to start a youtube channel with my wife based around art projects for kids.

After uploading a few videos, I suddenly realised the enormity of the challenge ahead if I was going to make it successful and I felt totally out of my depth. So, I took stock of the situation and realised that actually, I'd spent well over 10,000 hours learning how to make English language courses, and thanks to the art video project, I now knew how to make videos, so I could combine the two and sell video courses from my own website.

I spent 6 months writing, filming and editing, and then built a little website using the Thinkific platform. I only had about two months worth of money left by the time everything was ready so my back was really against the wall. It was incredibly stressful as I've got twin 5-year olds and my wife broke her leg right in the middle of it all. But, I actually appreciated the insane pressure because there was no room for doubt or procrastination. I just had to push forward trusting that I would make it work.

When it was ready, I scoured this forum for info on advertising and found recommendations for a Youtube channel by Gabriel St. Germain. I basically followed his advice to the letter and immediately started to see results with Facebook advertising.

I haven't been making incredible money yet, but enough to survive while I focus on developing new courses. Now, it's all about building everything out so I have a solid and stable business which can grow steadily, and doesn't rely on advertising for income.

Excited to be able to share here what I learn along the way. And very grateful to you MJ for writing the books - everything makes so much sense and has transformed my way of looking at the world!

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Good stuff man, hope to see you around the forum more.

ghassane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Dec 25, 2021
Sidi Ifni , Morocco
Hi,

keep going simon , just try to build a community of people that are interested in learning English and give them valuable ways to improve their english .
-Ghassane -

Simon P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Dec 17, 2021
keep going simon , just try to build a community of people that are interested in learning English and give them valuable ways to improve their english .
-Ghassane -
Totally, that's the perfect formula!

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden
That's awesome! Sounds like you got something nice going! Would love to see how this develops!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...