The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

On the cusp of launch - an iOS Keyboard app that improves your writing

Idea threads

adnanshr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 7, 2022
We're at the pre-launch of a keyboard app that comes with built in interactive thesaurus and paraphrasing tool.

Just wanted to get some opinions from people at this stage now that the product is shaping up.

PerfectKey – Craft the perfect text

The process of looking up words or sentences is super easy - just tap from a list and the word or the sentence will get replaced

Any thoughts/criticisms/advice?

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Interesting, did you find a need for this in your own experience?

adnanshr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 7, 2022
Interesting, did you find a need for this in your own experience?
Thanks for your response.

It started from me personally feeling the need. I talked to a few people close to me and to some people in facebook groups showing rough sketches, and the feedback was very positive.

It is difficult to opine on something based on an idea without actually using the product, so I thought I'd just create a first version and see where it goes.

I also think this is one of those things where people wouldn't know they needed it before they used it. Not writing well enough isn't a problem you consciously realise, but you do once you use an app like this and begin to see you are being more articulate in general.

The challenge now is, I have to pin down a certain group of users to start marketing the product to. In my mind everyone could be a potential user since all us do a lot of writing on our phone, but I know shouting to the whole population isn't the way to go, atleast initially.

Last edited:

Kirk84

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jun 9, 2020
Munich, Germany
English is not my first language and not even my second, so I would be definitely interested in using something like this. I recently discovered Grammarly which was a game changer for me. My GF works for an US startup, so she's been a Grammarly power user for a while and absolutely loves it. I think your service is very similar. I just discovered Grammarly has an iOS version that I have not used before. How is your solution different?

I think because the market is so incredibly huge, this might be a big problem for you, as you don't have the budget to market it accordingly. I suggest you niche down drastically to make your market entry easier.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

adnanshr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 7, 2022
English is not my first language and not even my second, so I would be definitely interested in using something like this. I recently discovered Grammarly which was a game changer for me. My GF works for an US startup, so she's been a Grammarly power user for a while and absolutely loves it. I think your service is very similar. I just discovered Grammarly has an iOS version that I have not used before. How is your solution different?

I think because the market is so incredibly huge, this might be a big problem for you, as you don't have the budget to market it accordingly. I suggest you niche down drastically to make your market entry easier.
Hey mate.

Good question. Grammarly mainly focuses on correcting grammar mistakes in your writing. It has a built in thesaurus too but a basic one and shows only a few words

The main focus of mine is not to fix your mistakes but improve your writing. As a result, the thesaurus here is more exhaustive, and a paraphrasing tool is there to suggest alternate versions of your written sentences. Does that answer your question?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.