The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

On Page SEO - A Quick Reference guide.

Marketing, social media, advertising

xaviel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Jul 23, 2012
Canada
There is no fixed length. What I usually do is keep it around the 500 word mark.

Try to make the article compelling/fun/newsworthy/exciting so people stay on the page and actually read it. This will help your bounce rate (People leaving your pages almost immediately, or bouncing), and Google loves that.

Thanks for sharing the tips. What about the length of the post? Nowadays you need to write at least 1000 word posts if you want to rank well for competitive keywords. Could you make a list of things that could hurt the website as well?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

xaviel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Jul 23, 2012
Canada
Hey Molattee,

I hear ya, it's not cool when somebody has the domain name already.

SEO wise, an exact match domain (EMD) for your keyword (IE onlinedating.com) still gives you a boost, but it's not as high as it used to be.

So what I prefer is to create a brand-able name, like MrXDatingSolutions.com or something. That way, you don't risk over optimizing for you keyword (online dating) and triggering a penalty. Plus, eventually, people can search for your brand (MrX Dating solutions).

So bottom line, for your domain, make sure "The Heyo" is the brand you want. Or find another name if that's not the case.

Cheers

I don't know if this is the right thread for the question or not but here goes:

So my website has its own brand obviously. What seems to bother me is that the name of the brand as an actual domain name is already taken. (i.e. heyo is the name of the brand and heyo.com is taken)

Should I settle with a domain such as :theheyo.com? Would that be good SEO-wise? (The "heyo.com" example is a dead domain waiting to be bought from its owner; not an active site)

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.