The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ok to outsource some of the work?

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Im currently working on my first website. Its been up and running for a little while now. I enjoy the process of coming up with the ideas, researching different keywords etc.., as well as putting the actual site together. What I hate is the tedious work of building back links and SEO optimization to get my site ranking higher in Google.

So my question is.... is it ok to outsource that stuff? It seems as though I can get pretty good rates from people on sites like odesk and the like. Have people had success doing this? If some of you that have been through the whole process think its better I do everything my self then ok, but id like to get some opinions either way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SHHDlove

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 13, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
It seems as though I can get pretty good rates from people on sites like odesk and the like. Have people had success doing this? If some of you that have been through the whole process think its better I do everything my self then ok, but id like to get some opinions either way.

I've used Odesk all the time for small internet based project. I haven't used that specifically used them SEO type work, but I don't see a reason why they wouldn't be qualified. Despite this, don't expect to get someone for a great rate and to understand SEO work. When you hire them, you have to tell them exactly what you want. So even though they might be doing the leg work, you need to understand SEO and what work they're going to be doing.

SGSystems

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 8, 2011
I don't use Odesk because it's really a mix of high prices and good work or low prices and shitty work. I personally like to use blackhatworld service providers in the services section. Sort by rating and then look at the threads to see if the service fits you.

One thing I like about blackhatworld is that they are brutally honest about bad service. I used to run a service over there for a few months and people call you out on your mis-steps and also praise you when deserved. So I've always found it easy to find reliable work there.

You could also try fivrr.com wich I hear is really popular these days. Never tried them myself but I hear it's mostly all priced at $5 for pretty much whatever! I hear people using fivrr for SEO all the time.

When it comes to content, I have a full-time writer from the phillipines who works for $240/month.

For backlinks, I will try to handle myself using automated software like senukex and perhaps blog networks like unique article wizard (not going to use them in particular, they are just the most popular).

mags

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Oct 18, 2011
So my question is.... is it ok to outsource that stuff? It seems as though I can get pretty good rates from people on sites like odesk and the like. Have people had success doing this? If some of you that have been through the whole process think its better I do everything my self then ok, but id like to get some opinions either way.

I've been outsourcing projects and tasks to different people from different parts of the world.

In my case, I don't use oDesk. I manage and hire them myself. I train and supervise them too. I either pay them by hour or by project. To have an overview of their work and to monitor what they do while working, i just use a tracking software. This method seems better for me. I could save more than utilizing sites like oDesk, etc.

I've been doing this for more than 3 years now. So far, everything is doing good. There may be times you get mediocre workers, but if you know how to choose and train people, you will get ideal workers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 25, 2011
Perfectly normal to outsource seo work. Actually, if you are in a developed country and your time is worth more than 6$ per hour, it would be a mistake not to outsource work. You won't learn anything new from commenting on blogs for 4 hours, and it does not matter whether it's done by you, or an indian worker, or an automatic software, the value of the links is still the same.

You do need though to know how to outsource and where. BHW service sections is good. Backlinks forum is good. The best are though through private bulk deals.

For instance, a back linking service that you may find to be sold on bhw for 27$ per package - an example - i am buying it for 10$ per package as i buy in bulk from that service provider a lot per month and regularly. So there is a lot of overhead cost to be cut there.

Other example. Let's say you buy posts on build my rank - very good network by the way.

If you want to buy the articles from they, they charge you 2.5$ per article.
If you want to buy the articles, from other bmr posters, you can get 1-1.5$ rate.

I have a full time writer doing bmr posts for me, and i buy at 50 cents per article, cause i order upwards of 1000 per month.

You get the idea, the prices you see on the market, include a lot, a lot , a lot of overhead costs, which can be drastically cut if you know how to buy and have bulk purchasing power.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.