The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Oh hi, I'm Eli

Eli

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 4, 2011
SLC, Utah
I decided that it would be best to get started with the forum and whatnot, it's time to get my financials handled like a boss eh!

My names Eli, I currently live in Utah at mommy and daddies house. I'm 24 and work a horribly worthless job at the moment and have a car that was purchased for 300 dollars that is a boat and what old people drive. It has been painted with truck bed liner and epicly tinted windows provided by the love of my life, Wal-Mart and is aptly known as
" Matlock ".

A little about me, I'm weird ( refer to gibberish above ). I grew up in a family of broke people. I was never good with money. I like most have made horrible financial decisions and have had my truck repo'd, evicted from my apartment, sued a couple of times and debt collecters calling non-stop. Whatevs.....

I grew up as a VERY shy kid. I was the kid in high school that was a skater for a month, then redneck, etc. Didnt know who I was, confused a lot and constantly tried to get people to like me. Highschool = Fail...

The good thing about that was instead of going out with friends on weekends I taught myself to cook, and ultimately got me SO PISSED OFF at myself I decided there was other option but to change. The next few years were reading self help books and what not, but still not taking any action to ACTUALLY change myself. Finally another failure and that was enough. THIS IS IT PERIOD. I then spent the next 2.5 years going to bars and meeting people and learning how to be social, I also started working as a salesman to get myself talking to anybody. I ended up being far more successful in social settings and learned a hole hell of a lot of stuff about myself as well.

In that 2.5 years I had also become fat and zero money to the point of selling everything I owned just to pay cover for the bars and working on that goal. Finally I decided I need a job that would actually pay enough for me to get my moobs under control. Lost 52 pounds in 5 months. Good by moobs, welcome jacked Eli.

Now onto today. I have epic social skills now, I am in the best shape I have ever been and those were " easy " for me to do, but money seems to elude me. To put it this way, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. It was easy for me to dedicate myself to learn how to be social and get ripped, but the money thing is really annoying, if it had a face I would punch it.

The hard thing for me has been building up momentum. Just doing has been a problem. I am always putting it off, yet am constantly miserable cause I dont have money for this or that blah blah blah. I have all the necessary tools to build the website I have been building in my head all I need to do is just do it, but I stop myself for some reason. I even have massive amounts of time to do it ( I only work 15ish hours a week at my job ). Still though....

Anywho, I figured a good step would be to join the forums and just keep working on it.

Oh, Mj Loved your book ( its how I found out about these forums ) my BFF E-rock suggested it to me and after starting to read it I finished in a day and a half. It was Solid, I have read MANY books on " wealth " and yours is by far my fave. I have been suggesting it left and right to people.

Enough of my random gibberish about myself, glad to be aboard and looking forward to the journey. Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Eli

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 4, 2011
SLC, Utah
Not a troll.

I have actually thought about making writing my " profession ". I even have an idea what I would write about however it would be more serious and not so much like the horribly random confusing nonsense that you saw above. I love writing now though, that is why I chose to build a website that was more info based because I do like to write so much. What is interesting is I learned to love writing from keeping and writing in a journal religiously for the past 2 years every single night. ( I attribute my successes in other areas of my life to keeping and writing in a journal religiously, for me it seems that if I actually write my thoughts down on paper instead of just pondering on them they come out much more clearer and defined. I think that just thinking about how I could have done something better or what i did awesome has WAY too much competition with overly obnoxious katy perry songs and why my boss refuses to allow the taking of naps )

Utah is huge for entrepreneurs, my mom and dad being some of them. I just recently found out that it was way up there as far as being the best state to start a business in. Who would have thought? Speaking of which I was talking to a friend that is VERY successful and I was talking about how I am having a hard time focusing and he threw out the suggestion of getting like a 3x5 card and writing your goals on them then get them laminated. Once you do that, when you wake up in the morning to take a shower, bring those bad boys in there with you and get them slightly wet on the back and they will stick to the glass ( and for us not so awesome folk's linoleum ) then while you shower read them over and over and imagine having accomplished said goals. That way you start your day off knowing EXACTLY what your goals are and they will stay fresh in your head. Cool trick which I thought I would give a shot. In fact I am going to write them right meow!!!

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Welcome Eli!

You definitely have a fun writing style, I would love to read some of your work. =)

For finances, have you started a budget of any kind? This would be great to help you get that part of your life under control... it's definitely helped me a ton and I found a lot of money I didn't realize I had. ;)

I also love the notecard idea. Easy way to remember to go over your goals every day... I'm seriously considering doing that myself.

Best of luck with your business and joining the Fastlane, I'll be cheering you on along the way.

Harli87

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Oct 4, 2011
Huddersfield, UK
Hi Eli,

Great work on eliminating the moobs. I look forward to more entertainment from you in the near future :D

Dave

Eli

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 4, 2011
SLC, Utah
I have done the budgeting thing, but I make so little money right now that I literally have JUST enough to pay my bills. One thing I used to do was I got this app for my Iphone ( cause im like REALLY REALLY COOL ) that was called
" Pennies ". Every time I bought something I would punch it into the app and write how much and what it was. That was usually good enough to keep me saving money, because I felt like such an a-hole having to punch it into my phone while still at the register, I wouldn't spend so much. :eusa_naughty:

However right now I make a grand total of $500 a month and until I get rid of some bills I wont have any leftover money. They are bills I cant really pay off either like car insurance, cell phone etc. I just have to make more I guess.

I am going to start a progress thread ( they can be a VERY valuable thing to do ) You can read more of my gibberish there.

Eli

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 4, 2011
SLC, Utah
Wooooow! Erm kind of disappointing to see that I joined the forums a little over a year ago and have an grand total of like 8 posts. Yay...

Annnnywho. So one of the reasons I havent been active was that in April I decided to take a job across the country. I figured eh, right now it wouldnt hurt to work hard for the summer and earn a chunk O' cash so that I can get back on my bills and have a bunch of money saved up to work on bidness, buuuut thats not how it all worked out.

In January one of my buddies was like ZOMG ELI, my friend works for blah blah company over the summer and makes tons of money and he wants us to come work with him. I told him I might be down and went and met with said friend. He told me that its for 5 months in South Carolina, they pay for housing and cellphone and junk. What really was the thing that sold me was the magical 10,000 dollar bonus check I would receive when I got home, on TOP of the 1,000 per week I would make as a first year. Hot DAMN son! I would be installing security systems. Im good at the " construction " type work. I agreed and hazah off to SO CAR..

Long story short. I worked my a$$ off. I had the least amount of cancels, the most installs for first years, lowest service calls, and the happiest customers. Halfway through the summer they even bumped me to " Experienced " because i was doing so well. However on a good week I would make $500 dollars rather than $1000. I was still ok with it, after all, I would get at least a 10,000 dollar check at the end of the summer, probably more though now that I am experienced. Well 2 MONTHS, after I got back I got my check and instead of 10,000 dollars, it was a grand total of $1900 dollars. Gee thanks. Most of that went to paying for the rental car I had to use all summer.

Another job, another disappointment.

Im pissed off, I work my a$$ OFF, for all these employers and I just keep getting lied to. Broken promises. This isnt the only employer that has done this to me. It happens over and over. You cant even trust what your potential employer tells you anymore. So obviously I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder and will do whatever it takes to avoid another JOB OF DOOM. If I am going to work my a$$ off, its going to be for me, not some d-bag deluxe employer.

So, my situation now is, I have $500 dolla's left from the " summer of doom ". Time to start thinking up some idears for turning that into
$5,000,000 and a Victorias Secret girl.

AgonI

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jul 9, 2012
Saint Louis
Eli, are you of Albanian descent by any chance? Your name sounds Albanian which is my nationality =)

Eli

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 4, 2011
SLC, Utah
Nope, not that I know of anyway. From what I have been told i'm part everything. English, dutch, cherokee, German. My ancestors must have " got around " haha.

My full name is Elias. I found it to be a good idea to remove the a$$ out of my name when in middle school. Dont want to fuel the fire haha

AgonI

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jul 9, 2012
Saint Louis
Nope, not that I know of anyway. From what I have been told i'm part everything. English, dutch, cherokee, German. My ancestors must have " got around " haha.

My full name is Elias. I found it to be a good idea to remove the a$$ out of my name when in middle school. Dont want to fuel the fire haha

lol ok ... good luck on your ventures!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...