The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Odd woman out?

MintV

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
650%
May 28, 2019
Hi everyone.
I’m a 30 year old female living in Canada. I currently work as an accountant in a job I don’t like but pays well. I’ve known for years that this isn’t the life for me but didn’t think I had any other options. I just finished reading the millionaire Fastlane and the wheels have been turning ever since.

My husband and I also own a farm which turns a nice profit each year. However, it is obviously very labour intensive and my husband works crazy hours. I am looking to build my money tree to be able to spend more time with my family.

Something that has given me a push in recent months to make a change has been the way people treat me at work since I’ve had a baby. Even tho I’m a top performer, people treat me like I have a disability now that I have a child.
“Oh we don’t want to overwhelm you by taking on this project.”
“You’re not pregnant again are you?”
Etc etc etc.

Any other women here starting their journey to a Fastlane life?

I’m looking forward to diving into the Gold threads to start and learning from you all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
There are several women on the forum, at least five. Lol.

Happy to have you.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Any other women here starting their journey to a Fastlane life?

Yes there are many in number, my "guesstimate" is about 10% of the forum are women.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Something that has given me a push in recent months to make a change has been the way people treat me at work since I’ve had a baby. Even tho I’m a top performer, people treat me like I have a disability now that I have a child.
Ha! Back when I had a day job, I used to get flak from my boss when I took a time off if one of my kids was sick or to attend a one of their school events.

F the job--your family is your why.

Your irritation with your job & coworkers' treatment is fuel to energize you to take action so you can change your situation. My sh*tty boss was--in retrospect--a gift, because it lit the fire for me to act.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
We're here & we welcome you. It can be isolating as a woman when you have differing interests, drives & passions than your (women) friends. This is a great community here & our admins work hard to make sure there's quality interactions without the locker-room talk. This forum is a gem for any entrepreneur, aspiring or otherwise, any gender, any anything. Glad you're here.

morning glory

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 27, 2019
Hi, it's nice to meet a fellow female in the forum. I'm 27years old woman living in Korea. I just joined this forum and I haven't written an introduction yet... but I do know that this forum ROCKS! I'm learning and being inspired a LOT.

Adelaide

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 16, 2019
Adelaide, South Australia
I'm female and living in South Australia. I haven't encountered many women on here yet.

I've recently joined the Forum, despite reading TMF and Unscripted a while ago. What made me join was that it became evident that my (in-person) 'female entrepreneurial group' has become more of a 'supportive friends group'. Lots of chatting about life, not so much about our businesses anymore.

As much as I hope fellow entrepreneurs have an awesome home-life, I want to participate in more discussions focussed on business. I identify as a high performer who has always had a large capacity for output of work. However I've found it tough to find others in my city who have the same mindset, work ethic and drive. So here I am!

So far I've loved reading and joining in with discussions here. It's just what I need!

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I'm female and living in South Australia. I haven't encountered many women on here yet.

I've recently joined the Forum, despite reading TMF and Unscripted a while ago. What made me join was that it became evident that my (in-person) 'female entrepreneurial group' has become more of a 'supportive friends group'. Lots of chatting about life, not so much about our businesses anymore.

As much as I hope fellow entrepreneurs have an awesome home-life, I want to participate in more discussions focussed on business. I identify as a high performer who has always had a large capacity for output of work. However I've found it tough to find others in my city who have the same mindset, work ethic and drive. So here I am!

So far I've loved reading and joining in with discussions here. It's just what I need!

I completely agree. My female business friends focus on emotional validation much more than accountability. It’s annoying on one hand and kinda wonderful on the other. I’m genuinely happy that my friends all care so much about each other but.. yea.. the tendency towards action faking is a problem especially when I’m trying to be more disciplined.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...