The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Noticed someone switching keys at work today... I

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
[HASHTAG]#Landfill[/HASHTAG].

Keep running your mouth you will find your way to the trash as well.

I don't have to respect the same things you do. I find the most valuable threads being most underappreciated on this forum.
If anybody from staff or you personally don't like my opinion - it's up to you.

People on this forum are funny, when they see money - they follow. A perfect crowd to manipulate.
When they see post-to-like ratio being great, which in majority of situations is achieved either by showing off or by posting common sense everyone nods to, they think these posts are valuable. It's a sign of low-intelligent crowd, because highly intelligent people analyze information in absolute manner.
Majority of TFLF members live in US/UK and 1st world European countries, where average annual salary is close to $100k. How much these people make? $50k? $100k? $300k? Great, this is 300% of average annual salary. Majority here don't make these numbers though.
For a comparison, I live in a place where annual salary is close to $5k. I work with local market and make 5000% of our average.
While I have an utmost respect for people who say really intelligent things here, I have zero respect for all the others, because my respect is not earned by post-to-likes ratio, repbank numbers or just because everyone else respects the person. I don't have to nod my had to fit in the crowd.

Now, stop threatening me with ban, because I'm not scared.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You're missing the point of the rep bank and the likes to posts ratio. It's not a popularity contest.

What we have seen over time as we have seen people come and go from the forum is one consistency.

The people that measure their words with the intention to add value and offer insights to the benefit of the other forum members here quickly develop ratios that have become an indicator of the value of their contributions to the forum. The people we see that either don't stay, or stay but don't add value are usually grouped around a similar metric. The metrics are propagated by the community. The community has a tendency to self filter. We don't routinely ban people for being an a**hole, as the community tends to take care of that for us by recognizing people who enrich their lives, and paying no attention to people who waste their time. This is a unique oasis on the internet. It runs differently than almost everywhere else. In the wild west of the internet, antagonists rule. Here, they get ignored, either figuratively or literally. The warnings about post-to-like ratios are just indicators that you're taking more than the members here think you are giving. It's a measure, not a rule. It's one way to hone your communication skills.

It has nothing to do with longevity. There are hundreds of posters that joined after you, with positive ratios. I was just reading a thread from @SparksCW. One reason I was reading his thread was because he has 64 messages and 199 likes. Measuring his words, and people are responding.

If you don't like the image the mirror is reflecting back at you, either change your appearance or discard the mirror. But criticizing the mirror for it's reflection will never change the mirror.

You've indicated you don't see value in the gold threads on the forum, literally some of the best entrepreneurial information available (for FREE or otherwise) on the internet. This is one of the most visited entrepreneurial websites in cyber space, and those are some of the best of the best of the posts. If you don't see value in those threads, there's really no sense in you hanging around here. But you're certainly not welcome to hang around here and besmirch people who donate their time and knowledge to helping others. You really don't even get why gold threads are gold. That's OK. This place wasn't built with you in mind.

I wish you well. I hope you find what you are looking for. Your last few dozen posts indicate you're not finding it here. That's OK, but don't hang around and contaminate threads. Be part of the solution, or stay in the shadows, or go find something else to do.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
You're missing the point of the rep bank and the likes to posts ratio. It's not a popularity contest.

What we have seen over time as we have seen people come and go from the forum is one consistency.

The people that measure their words with the intention to add value and offer insights to the benefit of the other forum members here quickly develop ratios that have become an indicator of the value of their contributions to the forum. The people we see that either don't stay, or stay but don't add value are usually grouped around a similar metric. The metrics are propagated by the community. The community has a tendency to self filter. We don't routinely ban people for being an a**hole, as the community tends to take care of that for us by recognizing people who enrich their lives, and paying no attention to people who waste their time. This is a unique oasis on the internet. It runs differently than almost everywhere else. In the wild west of the internet, antagonists rule. Here, they get ignored, either figuratively or literally. The warnings about post-to-like ratios are just indicators that you're taking more than the members here think you are giving. It's a measure, not a rule. It's one way to hone your communication skills.

It has nothing to do with longevity. There are hundreds of posters that joined after you, with positive ratios. I was just reading a thread from @SparksCW. One reason I was reading his thread was because he has 64 messages and 199 likes. Measuring his words, and people are responding.

If you don't like the image the mirror is reflecting back at you, either change your appearance or discard the mirror. But criticizing the mirror for it's reflection will never change the mirror.

You've indicated you don't see value in the gold threads on the forum, literally some of the best entrepreneurial information available (for FREE or otherwise) on the internet. This is one of the most visited entrepreneurial websites in cyber space, and those are some of the best of the best of the posts. If you don't see value in those threads, there's really no sense in you hanging around here. But you're certainly not welcome to hang around here and besmirch people who donate their time and knowledge to helping others. You really don't even get why gold threads are gold. That's OK. This place wasn't built with you in mind.

I wish you well. I hope you find what you are looking for. Your last few dozen posts indicate you're not finding it here. That's OK, but don't hang around and contaminate threads. Be part of the solution, or stay in the shadows, or go find something else to do.
I perfectly understand this and you're right about it when we talk about perfect circumstances, where all people with good ratios are great.

I didn't say that I don't see value in the golds threads, only some of them.
Gold threads usually show the simplicity of process and that it's a realistic way to achieve some degree of success.
Does it mean that a person with gold threads who's OP got a hundred of likes and made him a 1-to-3 ratio offers more value than a person who has 100 posts and 0 likes?
A lot of geniouses were attacked and people laughed at them when they spoken their mind. Years later these geniouses are the only people we remember and know about. Where's all those other people? Probably in what you call a [HASHTAG]#landfill.[/HASHTAG]
Human psychology is not a mirror - it doesn't reflect, it responds. The way it responds doesn't determine the substance of what it responds to.

You all laugh at OP, but he was so hyped about this stuff that a) He posted a thread b) Marked it IAMA
What TFLF members did? They started attacking OP. Without so much attention around this thread it would fade away without comments and nobody would mark it landfill. This kind of behaviour is worthy landfill, not the thread itself.
@jon.a was polite to ask why it's marked IAMA. He didn't say that this OP is garbage.

I can post content that will save fortune and earn fortune, but it won't be appreciated enough. Why? Because there is 1% of people who can make a use of this information - I'll better share it personally.
Understanding certain things requires tacit knowledge.
Understanding common sense doesn't require anything.

I joined this forum because I read your posts. I actually appreciate you spending your time to post it, I've found out more about who you are as a person through your reaction, which I might would have never known if I would tailor my posts to resonate with everyone and make myself generally welcomed.
I have the best people around me and I want it to stay that way.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I can post content that will save fortune and earn fortune, but it won't be appreciated enough. Why? Because there is 1% of people who can make a use of this information - I'll better share it personally.
Understanding certain things requires tacit knowledge.

This. ^

You've decided you're too smart for the masses.

You want to talk about revealing character?

This place was built by and for people who don't consider themselves too intellectual for the masses, but are willing to share with others what they have learned along the way. We are the masses. If you're self made, you came from nothing. You don't feign intellectual superiority over the posters here. Everyone has value. Everyone deserves a shot. I only write people off when they've provided ample reason that future investment isn't merited.

You're now just here by your own admission to take and not to give. That's reflected in your metrics. The majority here agree with you on your assessment of your contributions. You've decided not to post good content here. Then don't be surprised when people agree that you're not posting good content here. Don't fault the mirror for reflecting the image.

I hope you find what you are looking for, but it won't be here because you're not going to waste your wisdom on all the idiots that hang out here. Not worth any more of my time, so I won't be responding further. Good luck to you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.