The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Not sure where to begin...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

randomshinichi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 26, 2013
I suppose I'm in a relatively good position, because it's been 1 year since I started working, and in 6 months I've lost a job (learned a lot there though) and now I'm a freelance web backend developer where I'm paid quite a lot for the hours I put in.

However this doesn't feel Fastlane because it isn't automated at all. If I don't work, I don't get money. So I'm using the free time that I have now to explore other financial opportunities.

I've heard of making a good income through selling books, apps, and other long term earnable assets. But none of them really jumped out to me as "YES! I SHOULD DO THIS!" I think this is because I haven't seen enough, and so I decided to take some time to see more of what's going on out there, and hopefully one day an idea will bubble to the surface.

So in November, I did a 30 day challenge: have something social going on every day. So between meeting friends and the girlfriend, I went to coding Meetups and attended the Django Users group. Meeting lots of other people who also use Django proved very useful because I could get some context on some design decisions, programming strategies and even my current career status.

Neville Medhora suggested I find out what people's major pain points are. So I did what I do best: go around talking to strangers, but this time not asking them for their number. I went to some shops in a shopping mall and asked saleswomen what their major pain points in their job were. For a cashier, it seems it's boredom. For a saleswoman, it seems it's standing for 8 hours a day. Other than that, they seemed to like their jobs and also subscribe to the mentality of helping people, not just trying to sell something.

This month's challenge is iOS app development. However I'm not exactly excited about it. I don't know if that means I should be disciplined and stick it out, or move on to learning about machine learning and neural networks. Definitely more career opportunities there, however, it cannot be automated. I am not sure what to do, as usual.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.