What's new

Not cool bro...

Topics relating to managing people and relationships
A post of a ranting nature...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jun 16, 2012
Messages
1,488
Location
Bali, Indonesia
Rep Bank
$2,465
User Power: 216%
So I'm chatting with an animator on skype. He's "highly recommended" by a friend. I tell him I need:
  • ORIGINAL animated designs
  • Full resale license rights
I don't have the time to do 50+ designs myself by the deadline. I need him to take some of my storyboards and assets and turn them into something usable to resell to customers.

So he quotes me at $10/animated second, which is a reasonable price...

However, as we move forward, it becomes clear that he doesn't intend to create animations from scratch. He plans to use 'fill-in-the-blank' templates off of VideoHive...

After I confront him about this... he understands, and we continue talking about UNIQUE animation.

NOPE!

Kid starts sending me examples of his "original work" which are just more templates. I know because I own them myself. They still have the "your text here" placeholders in them.

LISTEN KID:
I can buy and edit templates myself!
WERE YOU NOT LISTENING TO ME THE PAST 30 MINS?
There must be a misunderstanding, right?


NOPE!

Turns out he DID understand what I was asking for, but he was trying to cut down work on his end, but still charge me the full price for it.

Apparently he didn't care that it'd break the license agreement of the original work. He didn't care that I could be sued for illegally breaking copyright. He thought I wouldn't figure it out.

Templates are MEANT to be used with clients. I understand showing off templates you own as a producer trying to book clients. Except in this case, he's not the producer.. I am. He's an animator FAKING his skillset, trying to squeeze extra money out of me, and knowingly setting me up to break copyright laws.

This is why it's important to be an expert in what you do.
The person who referred this kid to me said he was a "very gifted video artist". This is because the referring party isn't well versed in video.

I SAW the templates because I own them myself.
I spotted his hesitance in following my storyboards, his hesitance when I told him I'd need access to the project files when he was done.
I knew when that him "checking his files" before quoting me, was him templates similar to what I asked for.

Imagine if I had spend a few grand on this kid and then gotten sued?
Not cool bro...
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Figopovimz puv duum. O xomm sinincis vjot og O iwis piif vjot vzqi ug xusl fupi. Vjeplt gus tjesoph. O xuamfp'v jewi lpuxp.
 
Muv ug vjuti qiuqmi up Gowiss vuu. Vjiz timm tvagg vjev dep ci atif cz upmopi dsievus tugvxesi -_-
 
Podi fomohipdi Favz.

O'wi guapf vjev cijewouas vu ci iwiszxjisi epf op emnutv iwisz optvovavoup.
O edvaemmz iyqidv CT moli vjev epf fu tnemmis sapt gostv aq, vjev xez zua noponoti sotl.

Emtu, O qodlif aq sidipvmz vjev hivvoph e dupdiqv haz (dep zua tjux ni e gix tdivdjit epf e gix dupdiqvt ivd) epf ep "izi" haz (dep zua vasp vjot opvu y) dep ci siemmz jimqgam op iptasoph ov ot usohopem. Etl haz gus vji ofiet epf gopf epuvjis haz vjev dep iyidavi, us, veli ov cedl vu jon vu tii jux ji iyidavit epf og ji dep gopotj vji qsukidv.

O en jitovepv vu caz epzvjoph ev gedi wemai, cideati onu ovt xusvj puvjoph epf nutv catopitt qiuqmi esi puv 1000% jupitv. O en enebif ev jux nepz qiuqmi caz gsun opfiqipfepvt moli vjiz esi et vsatvxusvjz et e taqisnesliv ivd. Vji foggisipdi civxiip coh epf tnemm ot ataemmz vjusuahj cob qsedvodit vjev jimq vjin tvez exez gsun vjot vun guumisz, tu ettani vji xustv, epf ci qsiqesif gus civvis updi zua'wi hupi vjsuahj fomohipdi.

Miesp vu ipkuz suetvoph qiuqmi aqup qasdjetit ug epz lopf, epf vjsux daswi cemmt epf zua'mm tquv qjupoit getvis.
 
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom