The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No Secrets or Shortcuts - Yarians Progress Story

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

YariannnMartinez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Nov 8, 2016
Miami
Hungrier Than I've ever been.

Thats where this story starts off. A week ago I was waking up while the clock had read 11:00 Am, A late start to my day. As soon as i walked out of the room the next thing i heard was my grandparents scream Get a F*cking job already. I'm pretty sure everyone in this forum has heard those exact words. I've had a job as a daycare counselor and a cook and decided i don't deserve to value my worth at 6 dollars an hour. This is what i wake up to everyday, They have no idea what im trying to accomplish that i don't want the same life they had. I want a life of freedom, travel, of adventure. I want to wake up and smell the salt of the beautiful ocean in my home. They don't seem to understand, So i get angry at them and resent them for it. Don't get me wrong i still want to give them everything i can before they are no longer here. Being 18 years old most people around Miami, Florida don't think that way. I'm in no way anti social I love talking to people. But around here the same thing everyone talks about is the drugs and the party. Never the bigger picture, in the moment satisfaction. Never changing the world or the Future. The ones that do talk about it usually go back to doing the same thing everyone else is doing. School, Work, Sleep and do it again just to wait for the weekend. I'm currently pursuing a degree in Biotechnology because i love learning science not because of the job security.

Enough about me you're here for the story aren't you?

Since it's the beginning of summer there's never been a more perfect time I've been researching to all hell about Online SEO, Copywriting, Affiliate marketing, Instagram, Dropshipping. Any online business, any freelancing work, Anything you can think of I've thought about doing. Never taken action on most of them but some i have gave a shot at. Even some ridiculous methods you would never try like affiliate marketing without a website, just using straight Bing adwords. You heard me right BING. I've bought countless udemy courses to learn more about social media marketing, SEO. Most usually ramble on about something completely useless. Some are very good courses. But I've never made a single penny from the online world. But i continue to go at it and learn everyday. Ive never wanted it as much as i do now. I hear these things everyday "You're wasting your life not working", " You spend all your time on that computer" and Im working everyday to prove them wrong. I'm writing this progress thread so i show you everyone on this forum that even starting with $100 in your bank no matter how long it takes you CAN do it. Criticism towards everything i do is greatly appreciated, I love improving. Ill be sharing EVERY step along the way no bullshit no hiding anything.

Where we stand

About a week ago, I decided the best way to start a business with the little capital i had was to use the drop shipping method so that's exactly what i did. I sat in my little closet like room on my chair and opened a new shopify store worked day and night on learning everything about it. I decided on a niche i can grow and add on to but wasn't too common and thus Www.Memoryframers.com was born. It's not perfect whatsoever I know that forsure but it's what i came up with. Not a single sale has came through that store yet. The dropshipping method is far from perfect. Little capital requires sacrifice such as customer service and not being able to handle what product you are giving to your customer. I started facebook ads today and have spent 10$ without a sale yet. That leaves me at 110$ but that dosent discourage me at all. I'm not leaving my failures out of this either. I also opened a google adwords account and i am waiting for my ad to be approved. Again i would love to hear feedback on anything you have to say! I have also started an Instagram creating my own post on Entrepreneurship Quotes and giving inspiration, I won't be buying any type of followers or likes. All of it will come with time posting 1-2 a day and using the competitor follow and unfollow method. While it might not make me a millionaire it's something i like to do, and can make some decent money on it once it gets rolling. Im still looking for different alternatives incase the dropshipping store falls through i will likely put the rest of the money i have into different campaigns and different targets. I want to get that first pay even if its a 40 dollar transaction it would get me even more pumped. This Dropshipping store is simply a supplement income for other business's i will start in the future.

My Goals in the long run.

My number one goal right now is to help my family, while putting my income into different business's once i am financially set for life a huge goal of mine would be putting my dad in that car he's always wanted (He's a HUGE Classic Chevy Impala fan). Also would love to buy my mom a new car. I want to start a business that changes something in this world. I want to leave a legacy and nothing will stand in my way of that, not the partying around me, not the small minded individuals that believe working a 9-5 is the only thing in this life. I hope this progress story no matter how many years from now will show this forum that anything is possible.

About this Story.

I will be updating the progress thread around every 2 weeks, and as time goes by around every month, but i will always make time to post no matter how big or how small my worth becomes. As the story takes place i won't leave out a detail and won't hide anything. I will also be showing pictures, screenshots and everything i can think of when i hit my goals, hit a milestone or even buy my parents their new cars.

Sorry for the long read and incredibly boring backstory but i don't want to miss anything when i go back and read these post!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I decided on a niche i can grow and add on to but wasn't too common and thus Www.Memoryframers.com was born.

Have you tried selling this stuff on Amazon? Are the margins there? My guess is no because they're dropped shipped and everyone is selling it?

I think frames is a decent idea if you can take control over the supply line.

Thank you for the intro and welcome to the forum.

YariannnMartinez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Nov 8, 2016
Miami
Have you tried selling this stuff on Amazon? Are the margins there? My guess is no because they're dropped shipped and everyone is selling it?

I think frames is a decent idea if you can take control over the supply line.

Thank you for the intro and welcome to the forum.

The fees from Amazon play a huge part into it as well. So i strayed away from Amazon and created my own website If i was a private label it would be different but i don't have the capital to start. Thank you for the insight i'll work towards that! Happy to be here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YariannnMartinez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Nov 8, 2016
Miami
Been around a week since i started this, which i feel would be a good time to update it.

RECAP

As i mentioned i had started a dropshipping site got around 20+ products for it, That failed completely. I failed to realize how much marketing a site with no prior background or brand name to it really cost. I started facebook ads at 5$ a day. I created 4 campaigns and let them run for about a week each, went on reddits entrepreneur forum and a couple people gave me a quick site review showed me what i was missing and what was good about my site. I also realized Google Ads Is EXPENSIVE. I jumped into this head first without realizing who my target market was and who i was trying to sell too. Fearing the 30$ charge from shopify i shut my store down as i am trying to save as much money as i possibly can.

Ive decided to start applying for a sales or marketing position on indeed. Already have a couple interviews lined up but that dosen't mean im going to stop trying to start my own business. I also want to start going to the gym, I used to go during my Junior/ Senior year but eventually quit due to lack of being able to pay membership. Im now trying my hand at a new dropshipping store but taking a different approach to it, Making sure i know who i want to sell to and how to do it. The past week hasn't been easy and i havent found much time to do things besides at night because ive been dealing with a divorce in the family. I think the whole waiting for 2 weeks to update isn't the way i should approach this and feel like whenever i decide to update it whether it be a day or two i will.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.