- Joined
- May 28, 2014
- Messages
- 520
Rep Bank
$1,755
$1,755
User Power: 166%
I thought of this idea last week. I am a huge instant noodle fan (especially in my college and high school days). Where I live, there are several local Asian supermarkets that sell ramen noodles. However, they only carry a small portion of the ramen that are available in other countries. I was thinking to myself that maybe there is a demand where you can buy a variety box where it includes variety of ramen from around the world. Thinking further, I thought of an idea to make it into a monthly subscription.
Over the weekend, I put a draft landing page together using WIX (Still in draft form). After putting a couple pages together, I ran into some issue.
http://michaelchsu.wix.com/template-1
1. My plan was to create a subscribe page where consumers can choose different options (spicy/nonspicy, different flavors). WIX does not support PHP. I am going to switch to a new hosting (probably godaddy)
2. Fiverr sucks most of the time. I hired a logo designer and asked for a Ninja. I mentioned this several time and they did not deliver. Now I need to find another designer.
3. I went through a couple of people through elance and odesk for help on issue #1. They always stood me up when asking to Skype. I definitely will not hire them. This has happened multiple times.
Plans:
1. Hire a web developer to put together a landing page that will have the functionality of choosing the options of different flavors...etc Completed
2. Buy Domain Name - Completed
3. Test the market using facebook ads and adwords. I will set a $400 budget for this. The subscribe page will go through steps of choosing the right flavor. At the end of the steps, they will put in their name, e-mail and submit. After they submitted, there will be a pop up that let them know that it is out of order or not available at this time. If they complete this process, I know that they are potential subscribers. Do you think I should also put a field in for credit card information? Since I don't have the products, I don't know if I should take this information.
Let me know your thoughts on the idea. On the site, I put it as $20 per box but I think the price is too high. I'm thinking $18 is a good middle ground.
Over the weekend, I put a draft landing page together using WIX (Still in draft form). After putting a couple pages together, I ran into some issue.
http://michaelchsu.wix.com/template-1
1. My plan was to create a subscribe page where consumers can choose different options (spicy/nonspicy, different flavors). WIX does not support PHP. I am going to switch to a new hosting (probably godaddy)
2. Fiverr sucks most of the time. I hired a logo designer and asked for a Ninja. I mentioned this several time and they did not deliver. Now I need to find another designer.
3. I went through a couple of people through elance and odesk for help on issue #1. They always stood me up when asking to Skype. I definitely will not hire them. This has happened multiple times.
Plans:
1. Hire a web developer to put together a landing page that will have the functionality of choosing the options of different flavors...etc Completed
2. Buy Domain Name - Completed
3. Test the market using facebook ads and adwords. I will set a $400 budget for this. The subscribe page will go through steps of choosing the right flavor. At the end of the steps, they will put in their name, e-mail and submit. After they submitted, there will be a pop up that let them know that it is out of order or not available at this time. If they complete this process, I know that they are potential subscribers. Do you think I should also put a field in for credit card information? Since I don't have the products, I don't know if I should take this information.
Let me know your thoughts on the idea. On the site, I put it as $20 per box but I think the price is too high. I'm thinking $18 is a good middle ground.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
