The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Niche - Epidemic of male suicide/loneliness

Duat

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Oct 10, 2019
How can business help men that feel lonely, trapped, depressed, suicidal? epicdemic of male loneliness - Google Search

Unfortunately, this is a growing trend. What can business do to help here? First of all, there are sites like these that foster connection and networking. What other ideas do you guys have?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I'd say framing this problem in terms of business misses the point, but... get them to lift weights.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
I'd say framing this problem in terms of business misses the point, but... get them to lift weights.

Why not?

Companies like Dialogue Health are doing a great job helping people here in Canada and making money.

I am friend with couple of folks there. They are as passionate about helping people as making money.

@Duat , I would look at telemedicine. If you know what you are doing, there is a lot of potential. Especially when the mental health epidemic post covid will hit.

Duat

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Oct 10, 2019
Thanks S.Y.

I've been thinking about this topic a lot and I'll interview 30-40 lonely men and try to find out everything about their problems. Even if I'm no mental health expert, there must be many other ways to deliver value to these men.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mat287

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 8, 2021
How can business help men that feel lonely, trapped, depressed, suicidal? epicdemic of male loneliness - Google Search

Unfortunately, this is a growing trend. What can business do to help here? First of all, there are sites like these that foster connection and networking. What other ideas do you guys have?
I think males became depressed primarily for two reasons. Lack of intimate relationships and lack of a male tribe. Many men lack both. Almost all lack a tribe. In college and high school I played sports. That was essentially my tribe.
When I entered the corporate work force, that ceased to exist. It was part of the reason I hated corporate America so much. Corporate America has rejected masculine attitudes and thus rejected masculine environments where men can form tribes. Sure, we had "underground tribes" at these places. But they werent that strong and you never really knew who you could trust.
A possible idea would be something akin to male, adult fraternities. I would say theyd have to be activity related. Something like a weightlifting group. Specific goals set out (get stronger, compete in x powerlifting or crossfit event), regular weekly meetups, monthly weekend outings etc. Churches are actually very good at these things. But if you arent religious, which many of us arent, it can feel fake to use the church primarily for tribal purposes.
Regardless, the business would be a social platform that helped foster tribes in urban areas where young male adults head after graduating college or high school for work

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
I think males became depressed primarily for two reasons. Lack of intimate relationships and lack of a male tribe. Many men lack both. Almost all lack a tribe. In college and high school I played sports. That was essentially my tribe.
When I entered the corporate work force, that ceased to exist. It was part of the reason I hated corporate America so much. Corporate America has rejected masculine attitudes and thus rejected masculine environments where men can form tribes. Sure, we had "underground tribes" at these places. But they werent that strong and you never really knew who you could trust.
A possible idea would be something akin to male, adult fraternities. I would say theyd have to be activity related. Something like a weightlifting group. Specific goals set out (get stronger, compete in x powerlifting or crossfit event), regular weekly meetups, monthly weekend outings etc. Churches are actually very good at these things. But if you arent religious, which many of us arent, it can feel fake to use the church primarily for tribal purposes.
Regardless, the business would be a social platform that helped foster tribes in urban areas where young male adults head after graduating college or high school for work
A bit like this?

I haven't joined, but have wondered about it...

mat287

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 8, 2021

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

They are stuck with financial and family obligations. Corporate job, bill and mortgage payment, sending kids to school.

The short answer is lack of time. The long answer is lack of money to buy the freedom.

The eventual answer is probably coming here. Fastlane forum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.