The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Doesn't matter how old you are, if you're a mature male, give your opinion!

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
How about older immature males?

Ok, sorry. I am probably somewhat the demographic you are looking for based on biographic qualities, older, male, but certainly not sure this kind of social thing would provide me value. Except in one way. As MJ said you might have identified a problem, but not the actual solution. Similarly I have a small subset of problems, but not sure if your site you're proposing would solve them.

• I travel a lot and when in a new area am often bored
  • I am not using dating apps because that is not my intention
  • I want to maybe hang out, have a drink, discussion while out
  • I just moved to a new area and have no friends and would love to make/meet some based on interest
Those are just a few things that come to mind that I could use and perhaps you are proposing.

I definitely don't want counseling and it sounds like you are dropping that idea. I don't want another high-friction to learn social platform that will take up more of my time than I am willing to give. I do want something simple I can open up on my mobile device and type in.."Where are the Royals fans hanging out tonight, let me see: Enters Royals" App then knows contextually where I am and what I am trying to do.

Oh yes, this is a harder problem to solve than it sounds like. Enjoy that. But I would love this thing. As it is I just go to bars that seem interesting and / or local events. For example, while in Austin on Thursday night I looked up who was playing music locally to my location. I was in Rainy Street area. I saw that an artist whose music I enjoyed on YouTube (jazzy) was playing that very same night at Geraldines in the Van Zandt Hotel. I had a great evening! Help me solve these problems I am in your debt.

Likewise, why does it just have to focus on older men. I don't discriminate who I want to hang out with. I just want to enjoy life with everyone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

stavedeve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 27, 2017
Minneapaolis
Before you proceed, please take a peek at my previous thread - the amount of input from forum members is invaluable. However, I've parked this idea - why? It's darn complex and extremely difficult to properly execute. There are sooooo many moving parts that are interconnected and interdependent and getting one thing wrong can pretty much F*ck up all process and even result in a court case and a smack in the head with a hammer from a judge.

Make sure you're 100% determined and ready to hustle your a$$ off. Otherwise, park this idea and look for something more doable at this stage.

Well said. i was thinking the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

stavedeve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 27, 2017
Minneapaolis
Hey everyone,

I've had in the back of my mind for a year now a great idea but just haven't made the time to pursue it. After reading Unscripted and getting a good "kick in the a$$" I have finally dug in! I've got my domain purchased and currently working with web designers and getting quotes back.

Here's the idea so please give your honest feedback, it would be super helpful and thank you in advance!

So this social media platform is very niche. It's for the mature male who has grown up and busy with the everyday hustle of life. Maybe he's married and has kids, works a full-time job, has grown apart from his college buddies due to being busy, having kids, being married, working among just some of the things keeping everyone busy.

As you grow and mature, your likes and interests change. Sure for myself I've got a bunch of friends, but only a few who I'd call "GOOD" friends who can relate on most fronts. I feel with technology creeping into everyone's lives and people becoming so distant that we lose that "brotherly connection" that the typical male used to have.

This site will be dedicated to connecting the honest, hardworking bro with other like-minded bros so that again, like when you were in grade school or college, you can feel a sence of COMRADERY.

Take this into consideration, "The leading cause of death for men aged 35-49 in the UK is suicide, accounting for 13% of deaths." Courtesy of the Office for National Statistics.

You may have many friends, or people you call friends, but NOT those CLOSE friends you'd call when SHTF! Now we "brothers" with the same values, ethics and moral compass need to unite, this will be the place for that! So what do you say?

Not gonna lie I wasn't too excited about this when I read your post. Doesn't Facebook do the exact same thing? Also, it seems like a long road to hoe before you actually turn a profit, which, other than adding value to people's life is the reason for stating a business. Just my two cents ...

Salim Mitri

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 31, 2017
Northern California
How about older immature males?

Ok, sorry. I am probably somewhat the demographic you are looking for based on biographic qualities, older, male, but certainly not sure this kind of social thing would provide me value. Except in one way. As MJ said you might have identified a problem, but not the actual solution. Similarly I have a small subset of problems, but not sure if your site you're proposing would solve them.

• I travel a lot and when in a new area am often bored
  • I am not using dating apps because that is not my intention
  • I want to maybe hang out, have a drink, discussion while out
  • I just moved to a new area and have no friends and would love to make/meet some based on interest
Those are just a few things that come to mind that I could use and perhaps you are proposing.

I definitely don't want counseling and it sounds like you are dropping that idea. I don't want another high-friction to learn social platform that will take up more of my time than I am willing to give. I do want something simple I can open up on my mobile device and type in.."Where are the Royals fans hanging out tonight, let me see: Enters Royals" App then knows contextually where I am and what I am trying to do.

Oh yes, this is a harder problem to solve than it sounds like. Enjoy that. But I would love this thing. As it is I just go to bars that seem interesting and / or local events. For example, while in Austin on Thursday night I looked up who was playing music locally to my location. I was in Rainy Street area. I saw that an artist whose music I enjoyed on YouTube (jazzy) was playing that very same night at Geraldines in the Van Zandt Hotel. I had a great evening! Help me solve these problems I am in your debt.

Likewise, why does it just have to focus on older men. I don't discriminate who I want to hang out with. I just want to enjoy life with everyone.
Aaron you are the exact person who comes to mind when I think of this forum. And no, this isn't for older men, dude I'm 32. I don't know why people keep saying older. And also, this isn't for counseling, I think F*ck anyone who wants to try and counsel me, I don't have issues. Just looking to meet a cool guy since I also travel and have bounced around a lot. Thanks for your reply!

bigbaby

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Sep 3, 2017
Dallas, Texas
I'm brand new here. Please don't take this as discouragement. I wouldn't pretend to be as well suited as others here to speak to the viability of a business idea. But if you do go down this road, just wanted to let you know that something similar has been tried before. Maybe you can learn from their mistakes.

Google 'Wolfpack app' and you should be able to find some press on them. Looks like there's a new wolfpack app that is for motorcycle riders. But the old one was more like your market.

Have a good one! :smile2:

Salim Mitri

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 31, 2017
Northern California
I'm brand new here. Please don't take this as discouragement. I wouldn't pretend to be as well suited as others here to speak to the viability of a business idea. But if you do go down this road, just wanted to let you know that something similar has been tried before. Maybe you can learn from their mistakes.

Google 'Wolfpack app' and you should be able to find some press on them. Looks like there's a new wolfpack app that is for motorcycle riders. But the old one was more like your market.

Hey thanks a lot for this, I had no idea this even existed! This will really have me reconsider, this is right up the alley of what I had in mind.

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017

Wow I didn't know this even existed! Google is doing a terrible job at marketing this. What an opportunity to disrupt!

Zarathustra

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Aug 29, 2017
United States
My gut likes the idea. It seems cool if there was a website just to meet bros and counteract atomization.

I also see it needing crazy good execution. Like if you haven't started a successful business before and don't have good mentorship on this, I see the chances of this working at zero.

Ideas aren't everything. I fell in love with my first idea, had trouble with my execution, and went down in flames two years in. Yeah it was a learning experience, but I wish I hadn't wasted all that time and instead gotten some success in simpler business models than go crazy unique right off the bat. Look into popular businesses that are working right now and just jump into them for the learning experience, make some decent money, then go for the unique multi-million dollar goldmine. Copywriting, client/affiliate SEO, web design, etc are all good places to start.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
I indeed have few CLOSE friends, mainly as you said due to my morals and interests being too different from the regular folk. But, I won't go on a site to find friends. I would use a site to find business connections tho...

But, I'm just 1 person ;)

jick5555

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 20, 2017
South London
I could see it as being too forced. Possibly being a bit too fast paced. Close friendships develop over long periods of time, these relationships are typically formed in institutions like school, work, university. Take the fact that I am inexperienced w/ business in general and have done little research as to what works into consideration when reading this post.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.