The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rediscovering Real Life: A Reflection on Loneliness

Anything related to matters of the mind

Mänty

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2023
Have you noticed, that even with social media and the possibility to connect with people all around the world, people in this generation are lonelier than ever before. Social media actually drives us apart from real social interactions with real people.

People nowadays are very self centered. No one really cares about you. They only care about themselves, and themselves only.

It's a rather bleak reality we find ourselves in, isn't it? Despite having access to so many different ways of connecting with others, it seems as though true, genuine connections have become increasingly rare. Social media has certainly played a role in this phenomenon, as it can create a false sense of intimacy and connection that ultimately falls short of satisfying our deeper social needs.

It's not just social media, though. Our culture at large seems to be increasingly focused on individualism and self-promotion, often at the expense of genuine relationships with others. It's a sad state of affairs, but it's one that we must confront if we want to reverse the trend of loneliness and disconnection.

The Fear Of Missing Out is huge in my generation. You wont miss anything when you quit social media, but you will miss everything if you keep spending multiple hours everyday scrolling. It may take some effort to break free from the self-centeredness that has become so pervasive, but it's a worthy goal that can help us all feel a little less lonely and disconnected in the end.

I have been on monk mode for few weeks. No social media. No junk food. No pleasure eating etc. Everyday I try to have conversations with strangers and leave my comfort zone. Also posting this takes me out from my comfort zone and that's why I will do it.

This is just something I have been thinking about for a while and thought to share my thoughts on this.

@heavy_industry inspired me to post with his thread about social media. (Don't know how to link threads yet)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Everyday I try to have conversations with strangers and leave my comfort zone.

I think this is one of the most rewarding activities when it comes to our general mental health. Every morning on my dog walk I have to say good morning to at least two people and have one doggy chat with an owner.

I see a homeless guy every morning and say hello to him, he ignored me for about 3 weeks, now we smile and greet each other. It makes me happy to spread and receive joy in this form.

Right! Off for my walk now!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.