The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Next Leg Up, 2 weeks left before launch.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Daytraderz

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 11, 2016
Virginia
Before you dive into this post, please know what the purpose is behind it. I posted a thread here a couple weeks ago about figuring out how to supply and manufacture my product, I have accomplished that. I have submitted my provisional patent. I have set up my social media accounts, am almost done with my website, and am taking pictures tomorrow for launch day.

I am hoping we can all bounce ideas around in the comments pertaining to pre-sales, pre-hype, and any other general ideas off the information I provide. I look forward to discussing things with you all :)

Marketing Plan: I will be using Snapchat and Instagram as my main marketing channels, as this is where my target audience mostly spends their time. I will be breaking my instagram posts into three categories: Active, Product, and Travel. The active portion will be people utilizing my product with captions pertaining to what they're doing rather than the product itself. The product portion will be centered around the product and have captions highlighting it and promoting the business. The traveling portion will be in relation to my company and my mission statement. I will be begin posting on Instagram with these photos a week or so before I leave for my marketing campaign on the West Coast. While on the West Coast, I will be doing a 50 mile hike along the northwest coast of Cali and documenting it on Instagram with photos twice a day (or more if needed) but then I will be using Snapchat for more personal connections with my audience (if I build one haha). The snapchat stories will be highlighting the product being used efficiently and conveniently for its purpose. I will continue traveling down the west coast of Cali networking, and marketing in a similar manner above but using geo-tags and other locational things to get more personal. I am hoping that I will spark interest and people will want to link up to either meet us, check out the product, or network as potential retailers. I will also be stopping by shops along the way to hand out business cards and network more.

I plan on having the website available during all of this, but I am looking to do a pre-sale during my travels. I am not sure how to go about this just yet, but I am thinking about offering a discount purchase price if bought in X time before the release-date.

Do you all think waiting to release it until after I return from the trip (three weeks) is too long of a period?

Do you all have any comments or suggestions on how to go about doing a pre-sale on squarespace's platform?

Any other questions or ideas are welcomed!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Before you dive into this post, please know what the purpose is behind it. I posted a thread here a couple weeks ago about figuring out how to supply and manufacture my product, I have accomplished that. I have submitted my provisional patent. I have set up my social media accounts, am almost done with my website, and am taking pictures tomorrow for launch day.

I am hoping we can all bounce ideas around in the comments pertaining to pre-sales, pre-hype, and any other general ideas off the information I provide. I look forward to discussing things with you all :)

Marketing Plan: I will be using Snapchat and Instagram as my main marketing channels, as this is where my target audience mostly spends their time. I will be breaking my instagram posts into three categories: Active, Product, and Travel. The active portion will be people utilizing my product with captions pertaining to what they're doing rather than the product itself. The product portion will be centered around the product and have captions highlighting it and promoting the business. The traveling portion will be in relation to my company and my mission statement. I will be begin posting on Instagram with these photos a week or so before I leave for my marketing campaign on the West Coast. While on the West Coast, I will be doing a 50 mile hike along the northwest coast of Cali and documenting it on Instagram with photos twice a day (or more if needed) but then I will be using Snapchat for more personal connections with my audience (if I build one haha). The snapchat stories will be highlighting the product being used efficiently and conveniently for its purpose. I will continue traveling down the west coast of Cali networking, and marketing in a similar manner above but using geo-tags and other locational things to get more personal. I am hoping that I will spark interest and people will want to link up to either meet us, check out the product, or network as potential retailers. I will also be stopping by shops along the way to hand out business cards and network more.

I plan on having the website available during all of this, but I am looking to do a pre-sale during my travels. I am not sure how to go about this just yet, but I am thinking about offering a discount purchase price if bought in X time before the release-date.

Do you all think waiting to release it until after I return from the trip (three weeks) is too long of a period?

Do you all have any comments or suggestions on how to go about doing a pre-sale on squarespace's platform?

Any other questions or ideas are welcomed!

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Hi Day, Are you back from your trip? If so, I hope it was fun and you made a few connections. Did you get your website done? I'm stuck at that point. Did you do it all yourself from a template? I'm not going to learn coding so that leaves doing it from a template or paying a pro. Any suggestions? Greg

Daytraderz

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 11, 2016
Virginia
Hi Day, Are you back from your trip? If so, I hope it was fun and you made a few connections. Did you get your website done? I'm stuck at that point. Did you do it all yourself from a template? I'm not going to learn coding so that leaves doing it from a template or paying a pro. Any suggestions? Greg

Hey wold, I finished everything and don't leave for my trip until tomorrow. I will be back January 5th.

I did use a template, I used squarespace's Burke. I customized the hell out of it but it was a perfect template. No need to learn coding, that will set you back and might deter you from starting the actual business. Websites can be changed whenever, if someone wants want you have, using a nice template and learning the ins and out of customizing it should be fine IMHO.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.