Johnathan Ta
Regular Contributor
- Joined
- Jul 14, 2012
- Messages
- 80
Rep Bank
$490
$490
User Power: 131%
Hey everybody,
For anyone interested heres the Original Thread:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/showthread.php/47809-Freshly-Single-and-it-Feels-like-Shit
Just wanted to come around and fill you guys in on how Single life has been treating me and the plentiful progress I've made over the past weeks.
Of course, with breakups pertaining to large emotional investments (read 4 years down the drain
) there will always be feelings of sadness and loneliness which is completely normal. What has been important for me over these past few weeks was to get a grip on now - living and being wholly in the present. I've gone on a sort of self improvement binge as of late, and have been really wrapping my head around "self-actualization" and started religiously keeping a daily journal (a new habit, with impactful results).
I genuinely appreciated all the kind words and actual experiences that you guys shared with me in the original thread. There is something comforting knowing that literally every single person in the world has to walk this walk at some point - it's what one decides to make of himself after the fact that really counts.
Two weeks ago, one of my close friends from high school committed suicide. On top of a messy breakup - emotions were high strung to say the least. In times of adversity, you start to really understand who you are and what values are true to your individual identity.
Life to me, is about cultivating value. It is my goal every single day, to go to sleep knowing that the day was in line with the trajectory of growth and in line with my core values. No matter how little or how much growth happens - it has become my bottom line in life, to grow, each and every day. From this mind set, actions happen naturally, productivity happens effortlessly and success ensues organically.
I understand that the past has absolutely zero relevance to right now and that stressing about potential outcomes is irrelevant to the actions taking place at this moment. As long as each and every day happens within the confides of my values and meets my bottom line for growth - I know in total certainty that success in all aspects of my life are inevitable. And don't get me wrong, I'm no hippy. I believe in hard work, dedication and perseverance, but paired with the right mindset and a total commitment to your values, not only will you find "success" but you will find happiness.
Over the past few weeks,
- I have come to terms with the past, because that's what it is - the past. Irrelevant to the core of it's existence.
- I'm literally sitting her at 9% Body fat with a full six pack - yea, it's pretty cool!
- My business is on auto-pilot and I've now become a full time entrepreneur. I have 2 new projects that I am working on, and I'm am immensely passionate about both.
- Single life is fun. Tearing up night life and very much successful in the "relationship" realm of my life
- Life just feels balanced. With my new mindsets and insights, everything is just easier, lighter, and more purposeful. I'm happier, and I find it easy to live in the present and outside of my thoughts.
This might come as a shocker. This might come out as hippy to this community - but, I don't care to be a "millionaire" so much anymore. I entirely understand the purpose and need for money, and fully appreciate the positivity that comes with it. However, I want balance more than anything. I want success on all fronts. Health, wealth and relationships. I want to be in total congruence with my values and grow on all levels - It has become evident to me that a large part of the reason why my relationship crumbled was an unhealthy and intense lust for financial success.
After the suicide of my friend, it really hit me to reflect on my values and my wants out of life. For me, I love entrepreneurship. I love seeing my ideas manifest into dollars and I love how passive income enables me to live a life in full pursuit of balance. But, the metric value of x xxx xxx, I could really give less of a shit.
I want actualization, I want cultivation of value and I want happiness.
This is my idea of happiness and I'm ecstatic that the events in my life have lead me in this positive mindset. It's what happens after the fact that matters.
Heres to Health, Wealth and Relationships.
Keep hustlin'
-Johnathan
For anyone interested heres the Original Thread:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/showthread.php/47809-Freshly-Single-and-it-Feels-like-Shit
Just wanted to come around and fill you guys in on how Single life has been treating me and the plentiful progress I've made over the past weeks.
Of course, with breakups pertaining to large emotional investments (read 4 years down the drain
I genuinely appreciated all the kind words and actual experiences that you guys shared with me in the original thread. There is something comforting knowing that literally every single person in the world has to walk this walk at some point - it's what one decides to make of himself after the fact that really counts.
Two weeks ago, one of my close friends from high school committed suicide. On top of a messy breakup - emotions were high strung to say the least. In times of adversity, you start to really understand who you are and what values are true to your individual identity.
Life to me, is about cultivating value. It is my goal every single day, to go to sleep knowing that the day was in line with the trajectory of growth and in line with my core values. No matter how little or how much growth happens - it has become my bottom line in life, to grow, each and every day. From this mind set, actions happen naturally, productivity happens effortlessly and success ensues organically.
I understand that the past has absolutely zero relevance to right now and that stressing about potential outcomes is irrelevant to the actions taking place at this moment. As long as each and every day happens within the confides of my values and meets my bottom line for growth - I know in total certainty that success in all aspects of my life are inevitable. And don't get me wrong, I'm no hippy. I believe in hard work, dedication and perseverance, but paired with the right mindset and a total commitment to your values, not only will you find "success" but you will find happiness.
Over the past few weeks,
- I have come to terms with the past, because that's what it is - the past. Irrelevant to the core of it's existence.
- I'm literally sitting her at 9% Body fat with a full six pack - yea, it's pretty cool!
- My business is on auto-pilot and I've now become a full time entrepreneur. I have 2 new projects that I am working on, and I'm am immensely passionate about both.
- Single life is fun. Tearing up night life and very much successful in the "relationship" realm of my life
- Life just feels balanced. With my new mindsets and insights, everything is just easier, lighter, and more purposeful. I'm happier, and I find it easy to live in the present and outside of my thoughts.
This might come as a shocker. This might come out as hippy to this community - but, I don't care to be a "millionaire" so much anymore. I entirely understand the purpose and need for money, and fully appreciate the positivity that comes with it. However, I want balance more than anything. I want success on all fronts. Health, wealth and relationships. I want to be in total congruence with my values and grow on all levels - It has become evident to me that a large part of the reason why my relationship crumbled was an unhealthy and intense lust for financial success.
After the suicide of my friend, it really hit me to reflect on my values and my wants out of life. For me, I love entrepreneurship. I love seeing my ideas manifest into dollars and I love how passive income enables me to live a life in full pursuit of balance. But, the metric value of x xxx xxx, I could really give less of a shit.
I want actualization, I want cultivation of value and I want happiness.
This is my idea of happiness and I'm ecstatic that the events in my life have lead me in this positive mindset. It's what happens after the fact that matters.
Heres to Health, Wealth and Relationships.
Keep hustlin'
-Johnathan
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
