The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New to the journey. Hi

blue mustafa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 3, 2020
Abu Dhabi, UAE
My name is Mustafa, 22, and I live in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I recently graduated from college (mechanical engineering) and I also enjoy coding. I am in the middle of reading unscripted and so far I am really enjoying it and to be honest it is also a bit frightening to me. let me explain. I choose mechanical engineering as a major and I was not even sure if I really want to pursue it as a career, but since my parents were pushing me to choose something quick and most of my friends chose it as well, I just went along with it (we even went to the same local college). During my first year, the fear of the unknown future was lingering in the back of my head but I went along with it saying to myself " Hey. When you graduate everything will align for you and you will be an engineer so relax" and this became easy as the years went by. In my fifth and final year, this fear started coming back. I tried telling myself the same thing but the reality was " I was a few months away from graduation and I am the same person ". Sure I am more knowledgeable in certain engineering areas but I didn't feel like an engineer. I thought this major will drastically change me personally into this engineer that is ready to take on the world and finding a job will be a piece of cake but seeing my friends, who gradually before me, struggle to find a job made my fear and anxiety grow more. After graduating I decided to learn to code because personally I found the career prospect of it better than engineering and it will allow me "someday" to do something of my own. As I was watching a tech Youtuber called Joshua fluke he recommended unscripted , so I thought why not and bought it. Reading how @MJ DeMarco systematically break down the faults in our society and how to exit it through entrepreneurship made the book so interesting to read. So this is my story; hope it wasn't too long. I want to hop on board this unscripted train but the fear of the unknown is crippling which brings me back to why this book scares me because it is telling the truth and my scripted mind can't disprove it. Sorry if this turned a bit confusing. I will be working on myself to overcome this fear and start this journey. All these awesome stories on this forum are really helpful (I have been lurking for a while but decided now to make an account) and like MJ said about the fastlane journey in one of his podcasts "make it your life" which I will. Thank you for reading and have an awesome life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
My name is Mustafa, 22, and I live in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I recently graduated from college (mechanical engineering) and I also enjoy coding. I am in the middle of reading unscripted and so far I am really enjoying it and to be honest it is also a bit frightening to me. let me explain. I choose mechanical engineering as a major and I was not even sure if I really want to pursue it as a career, but since my parents were pushing me to choose something quick and most of my friends chose it as well, I just went along with it (we even went to the same local college). During my first year, the fear of the unknown future was lingering in the back of my head but I went along with it saying to myself " Hey. When you graduate everything will align for you and you will be an engineer so relax" and this became easy as the years went by. In my fifth and final year, this fear started coming back. I tried telling myself the same thing but the reality was " I was a few months away from graduation and I am the same person ". Sure I am more knowledgeable in certain engineering areas but I didn't feel like an engineer. I thought this major will drastically change me personally into this engineer that is ready to take on the world and finding a job will be a piece of cake but seeing my friends, who gradually before me, struggle to find a job made my fear and anxiety grow more. After graduating I decided to learn to code because personally I found the career prospect of it better than engineering and it will allow me "someday" to do something of my own. As I was watching a tech Youtuber called Joshua fluke he recommended unscripted , so I thought why not and bought it. Reading how @MJ DeMarco systematically break down the faults in our society and how to exit it through entrepreneurship made the book so interesting to read. So this is my story; hope it wasn't too long. I want to hop on board this unscripted train but the fear of the unknown is crippling which brings me back to why this book scares me because it is telling the truth and my scripted mind can't disprove it. Sorry if this turned a bit confusing. I will be working on myself to overcome this fear and start this journey. All these awesome stories on this forum are really helpful (I have been lurking for a while but decided now to make an account) and like MJ said about the fastlane journey in one of his podcasts "make it your life" which I will. Thank you for reading and have an awesome life.

Welcome Mustafa, search the forum's Gold threads first and also search using some of the tags you think you might be interested in, whether it's coding, engineering or something new.

Also I would advise, when you post questions to break up the text, that is a big block of writing above and it can be hard to read without paragraphs.

There you go, your first bit of Fastlane Forum advice! :cool:

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey Mustafa, welcome to the forum!

I lived in Dubai for 6 years myself, now in Germany :) What are your plans for your first business? Do you have any idea what you want to do yet?

Best

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

blue mustafa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 3, 2020
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Hey Mustafa, welcome to the forum!

I lived in Dubai for 6 years myself, now in Germany :) What are your plans for your first business? Do you have any idea what you want to do yet?

Best
Thanks. I am still looking for ideas and I have a few of them in my notes that I am verifying if there is a market need for them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...