What's new

New to the forum, Who I am, and Who I strive to be

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Calvin Hoang

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Mar 17, 2015
Messages
2
Location
Alameda, California
Rep Bank
$150
User Power: 50%
Hello everyone,

My name is Calvin. I am 18 years old, living in California, and still in high school. I am currently halfway through the book. Two years ago, I would have never thought that I would be here.

Originally, I felt, like my immigrant Asian parents, that the slow lane would be my only path to success: becoming a doctor, lawyer, or another high paying profession. I was a person who wastes time unproductively browsing the internet or playing video games, but last year, something clicked in me in the middle of a discussion with my friend dreaming of being wealthy, and leaving my name in history books.

I continued to fantasize without taking action until last week. When the UC college rejections came in, I felt as if my life was over. My family shamed me, the girl I liked started dating another man. Depression was unproductive. I realized I had to change the way I think and take action. I was tired of feeling pessimistic and worrying over unproductive thoughts such as gaming or skirt chasing. My passion for wealth started to take control.

Yesterday, my order for the book arrived. I opened it, assuming it was another "how to" book, similar to the books I've read on reading body language. Fortunately, it was not. The book opened my eyes. Obtaining a PhD in medicine and a masters in business was not the only path to success, and flaunting material wealth would only drag me down. I did not realize that in fact I desired freedom the most. MJ is right, freedom is important. My idea freedom is to have complete control over my lifetime without financial issues. I do not enjoy being forced to attend classes, this may sound childish, but I'd prefer to go on my own will.

Armed with nothing but $2000 in my bank and nothing but desire, I hope to turn my idealistic dreams into reality, and I'm willing to work for it. In a couple weeks, I will be attending a lunch seminar and hearing from those who manage businesses in the area.I hope I would be able to develop a plan in the near future for the fastlane by browsing this forum. If I do become successful, I would be glad to assist others in the future in the forum.

Thanks for reading (apologies for the length). I wished I found this forum earlier.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom