The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New to the Forum - I went from Fastlane to Slowlane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

DeskSnacker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Nov 2, 2011
USA
Hey, I'm new to the Fastlane again. I started in the Fastlane as a Realtor 8.5 years ago when the market was hot. Unfortunately, I didn't know anything about money and spent all that I had instead of using my six-digit annual profits to further my life. Thank goodness I learned my money lesson and don't live in the past. I do continue in real estate foreclosure sales now to fund living expenses, so feel free to ask general questions about that field. I'm definitely an expert in foreclosure sales, but am completely non-motivated to continue that path, no matter how much I try and convince myself.

I've been looking for something new to venture into and MJ DeMarco has inspired me through his Fastlane book. I am super passionate about cooking and for fun, starting take photography of the meals I created. I posted those to Facebook over a six month span and was overwhelmed by the response from friends who never comment on anything in Facebook. I think I've got something here.

Everyone talked about how they drooled over my food photos while sitting at their desk. Well, time to get them involved, I'm hoping with my new website DeskSnacker.com. I'm working on the basics now and hoping to launch the simple site within a week. Any feedback about content I should have on there, or ideas you have are greatly appreciated. I'm hoping we can all share the wealth in knowledge!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I had to modify your username as we don't allow domain names for user names.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on putting something out there! :hurray:

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
Lots of people make money via cooking in one way or another. Having a blog is not a likely source of much money if it's based purely on advertising - you need to identify your monetization strategy.

Blogs are good for SEO and driving traffic to a site, but ads provide a very low financial return without HUGE traffic numbers. So how are you going to make money off this site?

Sell a program to teach people how to cook? Or a video series on planning out meals? Or providing home-cooked meals delivered to people's house?

You've got people who are interested in the food you cook, but you don't seem to have an actual business idea. Most people start a blog with no idea how they will make money outside of ads, and that's why 90% of blogs are abandoned within a few months - because you have to have a plan.

DeskSnacker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Nov 2, 2011
USA
Most people start a blog with no idea how they will make money outside of ads, and that's why 90% of blogs are abandoned within a few months - because you have to have a plan.

Yes, I agree, but the problem is that I'm a big planner with no action until I can see the whole plan in my head or on paper. Since this route hasn't worked for me in the past, I thought I'd try something different, start the action while brainstorming ideas. Gotta start somewhere, so I thought I'd start by building the website and see what direction to go from there.

I have written numerous business plans, then because I couldn't envision the outcome, I never implemented the plan. During my last business venture, I set out with no plan and it morphed into bigger than I imagined, so I'm trying that route again. Action without planning, crazy I know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
Yes, I agree, but the problem is that I'm a big planner with no action until I can see the whole plan in my head or on paper. Since this route hasn't worked for me in the past, I thought I'd try something different, start the action while brainstorming ideas. Gotta start somewhere, so I thought I'd start by building the website and see what direction to go from there.

I have written numerous business plans, then because I couldn't envision the outcome, I never implemented the plan. During my last business venture, I set out with no plan and it morphed into bigger than I imagined, so I'm trying that route again. Action without planning, crazy I know.

I think business plans are worthless, and I'm not against action without a plan, but you need to at least have some solid IDEAS on how to monetize. Otherwise, you will likely give up too easily.

Hokoleskwa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
May 25, 2011
Denver
Congratulations on taking action, and also on identifying what hasn't worked for you in the past, good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...