The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New to the forum. Hungry to succeed

FLdetermined

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 30, 2021
Just finished the millionaire fast lane and was blown away. Made me ditch all the so called money gurus I once followed. I know have a business idea I think could really succeed, but as I have a corporate job that sucks the life out of me, I don’t know how to start and break free. Any suggestions are helpful

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Welcome!

Just get started working, once you're in the process you'll really start to enjoy it.

Do your best to remove bad / distracting habits and focus on providing value!

FLdetermined

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 30, 2021
Welcome!

Just get started working, once you're in the process you'll really start to enjoy it.

Do your best to remove bad / distracting habits and focus on providing value!
My problem is finding the time. I know I’ll need to invest all my time to make it, but I can’t when my 9-5 supports me and my family. I’m stuck!

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
My problem is finding the time. I know I’ll need to invest all my time to make it, but I can’t when my 9-5 supports me and my family. I’m stuck!

It's possible, if you haven't read the Great Rat Race Escape you should. Sounds like you might be able to relate to it. Same deal, starting a business with two parents who work full-time jobs, have kids and a dog.

FLdetermined

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 30, 2021
It's possible, if you haven't read the Great Rat Race Escape you should. Sounds like you might be able to relate to it. Same deal, starting a business with two parents who work full-time jobs, have kids and a dog.
Yeah just finished the fastlane, about to start the rat race. Is true,I’m married with 3 young daughters and 4 dogs, so a lot of pressure!

D

Deleted85763

Just finished the millionaire fast lane and was blown away. Made me ditch all the so called money gurus I once followed. I know have a business idea I think could really succeed, but as I have a corporate job that sucks the life out of me, I don’t know how to start
Just finished the millionaire fast lane and was blown away. Made me ditch all the so called money gurus I once followed. I know have a business idea I think could really succeed, but as I have a corporate job that sucks the life out of me, I don’t know how to start and break free. Any suggestions are helpful

What I did was live very thrifty for a few years then I took off. I didn't know exactly where I would go or what I would do for a living but I knew I would succeed. I did big time. Within 6 months I was living in a naturally beautiful town by the sea and turning an incredible profit doing marketing. I happened to also meet one of the richest families in the world while doing the marketing. I traveled the world to anywhere I wanted to go; at anytime for however long. I lived like a king.
That's the good news. The bad news: It was very tough at times. Sometimes the sales were not there. Sometimes I met very dishonest people who stole lucrative deals right from under me. So it can be done but being an entrepreneur is not for everyone.

D

Deleted85763

My last post didn't post right:

What I did was live very thrifty for a few years then I took off. I didn't know exactly where I would go or what I would do for a living but I knew I would succeed. I did big time. Within 6 months I was living in a naturally beautiful town by the sea and turning an incredible profit doing marketing. I happened to also meet one of the richest families in the world while doing the marketing. I traveled the world to anywhere I wanted to go; at anytime for however long. I lived like a king.

That's the good news. The bad news: It was very tough at times. Sometimes the sales were not there. Sometimes I met very dishonest people who stole lucrative deals right from under me. So it can be done but being an entrepreneur is not for everyone.

FLdetermined

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 30, 2021
My last post didn't post right:

Yes I’m sure entrepreneurship isn’t for everyone, but after reading the fastlane, I feel like I’ve double dropped the strongest red pill on the market! My £75k corporate salary (once a privileged earning) now seems pathetic and I’ve a new desire to make it on my own. My issue is I can’t do both at the same time, and can’t afford to quit my salary in order to go for my dream

D

Deleted85763

I only made 11K GBP. But I saved and lived very cheaply. Most people are unwilling to sacrifice like that but that's what it takes. Plus it makes you work really smart because you have to. I know people who came from money, started a business and took care of issues by "throwing money at them". Their business never got off the ground. They got massive inquires for sales but couldn't deliver!

FLdetermined

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 30, 2021
I only made 11K GBP. But I saved and lived very cheaply. Most people are unwilling to sacrifice like that but that's what it takes. Plus it makes you work really smart because you have to. I know people who came from money, started a business and took care of issues by "throwing money at them". Their business never got off the ground. They got massive inquires for sales but couldn't deliver!
Just to be straight, I don’t come from money, but I’m on a decent corporate salary, which pays my bills including the mortgage.
I’ve a solid business idea that I’d like to execute, but can’t invest the time without giving less to my salaried job. I’m stuck

D

Deleted85763

Just to be straight, I don’t come from money, but I’m on a decent corporate salary, which pays my bills including the mortgage.
I’ve a solid business idea that I’d like to execute, but can’t invest the time without giving less to my salaried job. I’m stuck
So you can't save any money over the course of a year or two or three and then resign and start your business? In lieu of that maybe use time after work to start the business?

I didn't mean that you or anyone came from money. I meant that you only need enough money to buy the time to start the business. By having little money it forces you to do well or else. I did it from a studio apartment. I rented this apartment at first on a monthly basis with my savings from my small earnings.

FLdetermined

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 30, 2021
So you can't save any money over the course of a year or two or three and then resign and start your business? In lieu of that maybe use time after work to start the business?

I didn't mean that you or anyone came from money. I meant that you only need enough money to buy the time to start the business. By having little money it forces you to do well or else. I did it from a studio apartment. I rented this apartment at first on a monthly basis with my savings from my small earnings.
Do you mind me asking what is your business? Is it successful ?

D

Deleted85763

Do you mind me asking what is your business? Is it successful ?
I am involved with business to business marketing of certain classes of products. The value I offer is based on the fact that many companies only sell to a small percent of companies than what they could sell to. The world is a big place. I help these companies sell to other companies through targeted marketing.

Is it successful? Did you read my above posts? Yes but like I indicated it's not just all glory. Imagine making a huge sale only to be told by the company that originally agreed to pay you for your successful work that they are not going to be paying you? This happens. It can be very frustrating.

Dan the Man

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 15, 2021
FLdetermined. I know exactly how you feel. Been there, done that. Stressful, thankless job, wife, kids, pets, rent, bills, etc. etc. However, if I had had the TMF mental concept back then, I could have given it the time to come to fruition and who knows how well I would have done by now (or not). Point is, you have the knowledge now that an alternative exists and you can start focusing on it, bit by bit, until you build up some momentum. You have the time. I'm in the same boat you are but easily 30 years older than you. Bit by bit, we will figure it out. There are plenty of people on this forum that want to help. Courses, training, feedback, success stories. Explore! Don't get discouraged because of your situation. Keep the job, support your family, do the slow lane thing and keep focused on how the fast lane works, always moving in that direction.

I grew up with Star Wars. As Yoda says: "You must unlearn what you have learned....Do or do not. There is no try." Learn the new stuff over time, then do. This is what most of us, new to the TMF world, have to work with. Get and keep the faith that this is our new reality. May the Force be with you, always.

Dan the Man

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 15, 2021
I am involved with business to business marketing of certain classes of products. The value I offer is based on the fact that many companies only sell to a small percent of companies than what they could sell to. The world is a big place. I help these companies sell to other companies through targeted marketing.

Is it successful? Did you read my above posts? Yes but like I indicated it's not just all glory. Imagine making a huge sale only to be told by the company that originally agreed to pay you for your successful work that they are not going to be paying you? This happens. It can be very frustrating.
Hi Robertwills, I'm curious after reading your message. Do you not enter into contracts for the work you do? Are you in verbal agreements with the companies that are going to pay you for your services? Do you only get paid at the end, after your work is completed? No advances or mid project payments based on results? What is your arrangement for payment of services? Obviously, I want to avoid your situation. I have only been stiffed by clients a few times and it was my own fault for accepting verbal contracts. Some "hand shakes" are better than others.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...