C
CRoberts92486
Guest
Hi, my name is Chris Roberts. I'm 25 and from New Jersey.
I have read through the book at my last job when I had down time. I didn't read it thoroughly and now that I have time I am starting over and reading every word.
I have a lot of business ideas and there is only one thing stopping me from moving forward with them...Money!
I have been unemployed recently and going to be attending school for my A+/N+ certifications and hope to be employed in the IT industry shortly after.
I've always believed in the saying, "When it rains, it pours"
After I was laid off from my previous position, I posted an ad on Craigslist seeking an investor for the many ventures id like to move forward with and with no replies for months I've decided to go to school for what I know...computers. Building, Fixing, Troubleshooting, Networks, etc. Now that I am enrolled in school, investors are replying to my ad left and right.
The only problem I am having is that they are telling me they are VERY interested in my ventures but seem to take days to respond to emails. I understand life gets busy but the business could be well started in the time spent answering emails and waiting.
I have posted a topic in the general forum hoping someone would have some good advice as to where to find a solid investor.
I believe I will learn a lot from the book and the forum. MJ & Community you have created a wonderful book/site with loads of info and motivation.
Let's hope I get the ball rolling soon so I can share my story.
Thanks
Chris
I have read through the book at my last job when I had down time. I didn't read it thoroughly and now that I have time I am starting over and reading every word.
I have a lot of business ideas and there is only one thing stopping me from moving forward with them...Money!
I have been unemployed recently and going to be attending school for my A+/N+ certifications and hope to be employed in the IT industry shortly after.
I've always believed in the saying, "When it rains, it pours"
After I was laid off from my previous position, I posted an ad on Craigslist seeking an investor for the many ventures id like to move forward with and with no replies for months I've decided to go to school for what I know...computers. Building, Fixing, Troubleshooting, Networks, etc. Now that I am enrolled in school, investors are replying to my ad left and right.
The only problem I am having is that they are telling me they are VERY interested in my ventures but seem to take days to respond to emails. I understand life gets busy but the business could be well started in the time spent answering emails and waiting.
I have posted a topic in the general forum hoping someone would have some good advice as to where to find a solid investor.
I believe I will learn a lot from the book and the forum. MJ & Community you have created a wonderful book/site with loads of info and motivation.
Let's hope I get the ball rolling soon so I can share my story.
Thanks
Chris
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
