The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Member... Made 150K Profit Selling TShirts on FB last year...Now at a bit of a crossroads.

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
Quick side note.... I'm very sold on MJ and the TMF in general.... would you guys recommend becoming an INSIDERS? Lot of valuable information in there that you wouldn't get otherwise?
Yes it's amazing. Totally worth it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

snam23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 11, 2016
Cool. Tahnks for the resources. Checking them out

Ya so I've thought about doing a course on how to build a T-Shirt business. I even regrettably bought an expensive af course from Ramit Sethi (chalk that up to inexperience) during the peak of my T-shirt business when the sales were rolling in. The thing is.....I don't think the $300 course I took is all that valuable. It taught me the basics of Facebook marketing. But you can learn that other places for much cheaper. I find DigitalMarketer.com to be very helpful and a way better source than the first course I actually took. The course basically just introduced me to the world of Facebook marketing and I took action and the business kind of took off. I don't credit the course for my success tbh.

Looking back, I think I was just very good at creating shirt ideas that sports fans loved. Not sure if you're familiar with Barstool sports, but they do a lot of sports themed T-Shirts that go viral..... I'd say I was similar in that regard. Not sure if I can teach that. I basically built a T-Shirt productocracy, like MJ talks about in Unscripted . People just Fing liked my shirts. Not to humble brag or anything because it honestly doesn't mean a ton to me now anyways. But one of the first shirts I tried advertising quickly got 20K likes, a couple thousand shares, and started making me $200 a day, then $400, then $800, etc. It really was as simple as I think I just knew my market well and was good at creating shirts that people wanted. Sounds simplistic, but I've always been a huge sports fan. So I was good at creating shirts that I knew sports fans would like. And a lot of the designs were scalable, so they would apply to dozens of fanbases. Creating scalable shirts was massive I'd say.

But that's why I'm not too sure what I did was replicable. I'm probably not doing a great job hyping up my "course". But that's not what I'm trying to do anyways. Just being as honest and transparent as possible. If I could repeat that type of success, I would. But I've already run into problems on Facebook with copyright complaints, so I think the short-term gain of making some money selling shirts on FB isn't worth losing my ability to advertise on Facebook......

I probably could try to sell a course "How I Made 150K selling T-Shirts With No Experience", because I know people are intrigued by my story, and market the shit out of it......But A) I honestly don't how valuable/replicable what I did is......B) It's definitely not a productocracy.... C) It would probably fall more under the "Bro Marketing"/perceived value, instead of real value stuff that MJ talks about in Unscripted .......D) It just doesn't feel right..... Selling a course about making money online selling T-Shirts.....when I myself am no longer to make money online selling T-shirts. Rich Dad, Poor Dad/Suzy whatever her last name is shit.

I'd definitely do AMA if people are interested in my story. I'd love to provide value to the forum any way I can. But I think I'm leaving T-Shirt game in the rearview and focusing on building a sustainable, Fastlane productocracy business. That being said, I do actually think T-shirts are a great "first business" to start for anyone. I learned a ton in the last 1.5 years. There's very limited risk, a lot of experience to be gained just by learning marketing, how to set up a store, how to deal with customers, etc.

So ya, if you guys want me to do an AMA let me know and I'll try to provide some value.

Yeah, I think we're in agreement that the course would (most likely) sell a lot but wouldn't be the most valuable or replicable in the world.
Still, I think building up an audience sharing your experience could be worthwhile. Informational products have some of the lowest production cost to scalability ratios. I know lots of people who build courses after one or two successes who don't feel weird at all teaching instead making money from their supposedly successful formulas so props for staying away from it. It's also why I brought up the replicability thing.

Anyway good luck with your new business ventures! Looking forward to a possible AMA soon!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...