The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Member curious about Wholesalers

kconnors@tpna

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 24, 2011
Hey everyone, just read the book, enjoyed it and excited to get some help with my first web business. I have been researching wholesalers online for some specialized DVDs, but I'm not sure how to tell a legitimate wholesale company from a scam. I know that they can pirate just about anything in China, where it seems all this product is coming from. Of course, I'm sure the legit copyright product is made in Japan too. appreciate any help.
-Kevin

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Last edited by a moderator:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey Kevin,

Come to the B&P, it will be the best $185 you've ever spent! And the BBQ at Mike's will be great too!

kconnors@tpna

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 24, 2011
Hey Kenric,
Unfortuntely I already have a ski trip that's paid for that weekend, so I won't be able to make it. If there are any other seminars coming up, please let me know, I'd love to attend. As far as my online business ideas go, I'm still investigating ideas and have a few that seem to have potential. Once I get farther along I'll definately post some questions. Look forward to talking with you again soon.
-Kevin

kconnors@tpna

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 24, 2011
Hey Kenric,
I've almost got my first site ready to go, my next step is advertising to drive traffic. I know when we spoke you said you don't really do any advertising. DId you start out this way and just work on getting the site visible with SEO or did you begin with PPC ads? Obviously I need to test the market demand somehow, and the SEO books I've read seem to suggest that there's no tried and true way of gettign to #1 on Google and staying there if you do is even more of a chanllenge. Thanks for yo9ur help.
-Kevin

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey Kenric,
I've almost got my first site ready to go, my next step is advertising to drive traffic. I know when we spoke you said you don't really do any advertising. DId you start out this way and just work on getting the site visible with SEO or did you begin with PPC ads? Obviously I need to test the market demand somehow, and the SEO books I've read seem to suggest that there's no tried and true way of gettign to #1 on Google and staying there if you do is even more of a chanllenge. Thanks for yo9ur help.
-Kevin

I started with PPC and SEO. I still do both, but spend very little on PPC. You can try PPC, but you'll probably see that it will blow your budget. You are suppose to bid very high for the first 2 weeks. PPC is a whole another strategy in itself. Read about it before spending the money.

kconnors@tpna

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 24, 2011
Hey Kenric,
So I've discovered from talking to potential wholesalers that my latest idea seems to be collecting dust on the shelf. Looks like I'm back to square one. So far the ideas I've had have come up against the following problems: High number of competitors, low market demand, prohibitively small margin, and a trademarked name with a company not interested in selling to wholesalers. It seems like your ghillie suits have avoided these particular problems. Any advice as to what criteria a product must fit for you to put in the work of developing a website and marketing it? THanks again

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey Kenric,
So I've discovered from talking to potential wholesalers that my latest idea seems to be collecting dust on the shelf. Looks like I'm back to square one. So far the ideas I've had have come up against the following problems: High number of competitors, low market demand, prohibitively small margin, and a trademarked name with a company not interested in selling to wholesalers. It seems like your ghillie suits have avoided these particular problems. Any advice as to what criteria a product must fit for you to put in the work of developing a website and marketing it? THanks again

I don't understand. You said you had your site ready to go. Did you build a site before getting wholesalers? What's the problem with the wholesaler on this particular product?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...