The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Industry - Stay at Home Dads??

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Has anyone been paying attention? There is a huge movement out there of new Stay at Home Dads. As moms are getting more opportunities at work, dads are starting to stay home with their kids more and more.

Although I work from home, I could consider myself a Stay at Home Dad with 6 kids. I do a crap load of house stuff...

I was thinking of writing a book geared towards the Stay at Home Dad. But I was also trying to think of a product to sell that all Stay at Home Dads would want or need. I look at my own experience and sometimes I feel mom-ish when doing things. Maybe making a more masculine diaper bag haha

But the point is... I think it still is a very new industry.. one that has yet to be saturated... Plus I know a ton of Stay at Home Dads from the Internet communities etc over the years. It may actually benefit me to come up with something they need and be the first to present it.

What do you guys think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
I'm working on becoming one myself :) So yes, I can tell you it is definitely a growing market segment, not sure how it is in the US but down here it is becoming more and more common.

Sorry, not sure any specific ideas, but have been looking for a few to implement myself hehe :)

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
I'm working on becoming one myself :) So yes, I can tell you it is definitely a growing market segment, not sure how it is in the US but down here it is becoming more and more common.

Sorry, not sure any specific ideas, but have been looking for a few to implement myself hehe :)

I’m well aware that this post is 9 years old, but who else on here is a stay at home dad?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.