The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Idea - How to presell my MVP?

Idea threads

Re:Kay

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Feb 12, 2019
Hey there folks,

just recently I read it is the best approach to presell your mvp (or product) before even creating it. So that one can see if the need is acutally there.

So I wanted to focus on the studying niche, approaching learning another way. Nonetheless I don´t really know how I can presell this to students, since there are just 2 exam periods each year. Are there any suggestions you would have for me?

Maybe other thoughts, hints?

My first idea was to focus like on one subject that most people have problems with (but first have to figure out which one that is) and then approach people about that. Maybe then a Landingpage?

What do you think about it?
Looking forward to your replies :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Nonetheless I don´t really know how I can presell this to students, since there are just 2 exam periods each year. Are there any suggestions you would have for me?

Selling things to "students" is a lot harder than selling things to adults.

Students don't have money, are hard to deal with, and will all tell you they'll buy your product and then not come through.

If you're in college, I recommend exploring industries outside of your age group. Get a better understanding of what opportunities exist in the world.

Unless your idea is solving a significant need, and you know the money's there, I'd recommend broadening your horizons.

Re:Kay

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Feb 12, 2019
Selling things to "students" is a lot harder than selling things to adults.

Students don't have money, are hard to deal with, and will all tell you they'll buy your product and then not come through.

If you're in college, I recommend exploring industries outside of your age group. Get a better understanding of what opportunities exist in the world.

Unless your idea is solving a significant need, and you know the money's there, I'd recommend broadening your horizons.

Acutally I never thought about it that way - and you´re absolutely right. Well sometimes you need to see one tree to discover you´re in the woods haha.

Well I suppose a systematic approach to learn stuff can be useful anywhere - questions still reamains how to presell it before developing the acutal product.

I think the need is significant - however with students money is always a problem (since i am one i know that)

Thank you so much for that input!!! may have taken weeks of work and effort just to discover that people like my idea but won´t spend money on it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.