The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Here, Just Picked Up The Book...

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 9, 2011
The land of STARS....CALI BABY
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the forum (thus the introductory post..LOL) hailing from Southern Cali- I am only about 58% of the way through the book and have learned quite a lot so far. However, I am a little concerned as the tonality of the book seems to elude to the fact that since I'm over 30 that I've pretty much missed the bus heading to the fastlane. (maybe I will feel differently as I progress.) Nonetheless, I find this book highly insightful.
A little about me:
Been doing Internet Marketing (IM) for over 2 years now, predominately launching highly targeted niche sites and monetizing them with either Adsense, Amazon, Clickbank etc...I am now in the process of launching my own product. I'm hoping to learn allot here, meet a few like-minded people, hopefully help out & definitely reach my goals. Ok, that's it for now :smxB:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

esphil

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 7, 2011
Welcome fellow newbie. :D I just picked up the book as well, its awesome!

John C.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 5, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Don't Speak,

We all see the world and what's in it from a different perspective. I do not believe that the book is saying anything like you can't get on the Fastlane after any particular age. I think the point is not to waste the best years of your life stuck in a job that will never get you what you want.

I like the words from the song The Second Time Around, "Makes you think perhaps that love
Like youth, is wasted on the young." There is something we all gain with age - experience. So do not fret that you are over 30. You have not missed the boat. There is still plenty of time for you to achieve any goal you choose.

One of the real benefits of age is the ability to listen and learn from others. When we are born we are very self-centered. Most of us never really grow out of that "I am the center of the universe" mentality. We allow our egos, our need to be right, our desire for instant gratification to dictate our lives.

So count your blessings that you are on the path of self-discovery - used wisely, age is actually an asset. Used improperly it is an excuse or crutch.

Welcome and looking forward to your contributions.

UncommonWay

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
May 9, 2011
Pennsylvania, USA
I often regret the slow path that I've taken, and where it has gotten me at the age of 32. But I still have (hopefully) more than half my life ahead of me. I figure I can keep wallowing in regret and continuing down this miserable path, or I can forge ahead and create a better life.

I don't think it matters what age you are. Sure, if you're 70 years old and stuck in the slow lane, you don't have much time left to spend in the fast lane...but that doesn't mean you should continue being miserable if that's not what you want.

Whether you're 30 or 70, you're still getting older every day. Why not strive for what you want, instead of regretting the past?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The Fastlane doesn't care about your age -- if you are in control and are attached to an unlimited wealth equation, you are in the Fastlane. Then, the money follows. Welcome to the forums!

divinrob

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 24, 2011
Gulf Coast of Alabama
LOL, don't fret I'm 37 and starting over after a 10 year break from business! Have been at the top of my game in sales for this 10 year "break" but learning a hard lesson about "linear" income. While commissions can be significant as soon as I don't work for x place selling x product/service I lose all that effort and the former employer continues to reap the recurring revenues. I do regret loafing as an employee for the past decade but I know I want to be able to do whatever I want when I'm 42, and it's going to happen! Honestly, I'd apply most of the principles in the book even if I were 47 or even 57, past that I'd do it to be able to leave something to the kiddos and it because it's just plain fun to see a plan succeed!

mrhahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2011
San Diego
Hello fellow SoCal resident. As everyone has said, don't worry about your age. Life is all about learning from your previous experiences. The important thing is that you found your life was lacking something, and you decided to take steps to remedy that. You could have just complained and done nothing like the vast majority. I look forward to hearing more about your successes and failures with IM as well. Welcome!

Also, check out the SoCal group we've formed, we're planning a meetup soon: SoCal Fastlaners - Millionaire Entrepreneur Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I just tweeted this and found it relevant to this thread...

"Forget your age ... we all fall under the same law: TODAY is the starting line for the rest of your life."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...