The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New guy from Chi-town here

thatsonlyme

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 22, 2012
Chi-Town
Actually I'm from Europe but I've been living in Chicago past 7 years.

I've been lurking here for some time and I think it's about time to introduce myself.

The Millionaire Fastlane was a real eye opener for me, it perfectly put together things I'd known from personal experience with some ideas so obvious that I had to slap my forehead wondering how it had never occurred to me.

The book made me realize that I was born for the fast lane I just never had a road map! I never really saw myself working for someone for the rest of my life, I never cared about saving for retirement and I always tried to save money for more important things like starting my own business or moving overseas. I'm fast learner and I excelled in every job I had (I'm not bragging here, I'm just trying to honestly evaluate my strengths and weaknesses here). I'm also a risk taker. 7 years ago I turned down an amazing job opportunity, salary that was 4 times higher than average in my country and decided to come to USA instead, country where I'd known nobody, armed only with basic knowledge of English and ready to do any menial job until I finally find my road to success.

So I went from a delivery driver to a shift manager. I didn't like it so I quit and started driving a cab. I saved money and started my own business which I now realize was somebody else's fastlane. I've made many mistakes along the way.

I had a taste of a dream coming true, at least for a little while. Just like MJ had a dream of owning a Lambo some day, I had a dream of owning an E46 coupe. You don't seem many Lambo's in my country but BMW 330Ci was a car I drooled over as a kid and thought I would never be able to afford it. at the time buying a 16K car for cash was a little victory for me. I few years later I lost the car when my girlfriend left me. we split everything we owned together and she got to keep the car while I kept bigger chunk of our savings. it was a hard decision to make because I loved my car but I had this business going and I needed money to invest in it.

then everything went straight to hell! the business failed, I got married, my wife got sick and stopped working, savings disappeared, credit cards got maxed up and I stopped paying them... Just like that I ended up driving a cab 12-16 hours a day just to pay my bills. but I needed this failure to wake me up, to give me a push in the right direction to throw me out of my comfort zone.

then I came up with a great business idea! it's very simple and original, cheap, scalable, there is need for it and there is hardly any competition. while researching ways to bring my idea to life and ways to market it I discovered MJ's book and that was much needed confirmation that I'm on the right track.

the only problem is TIME. I need time to learn necessary skills to bring my idea to life and at this point my life is basically work-eat-sleep. even when I have some free time I'm so exhausted that I can't even think straight. I guess I'm asking for advice here, I don't know. My eyes are shutting down as I type this and I don't know why I needed to write my biography as introduction. I just wanted to say hi.

sorry for the long post, I'm going to knock out...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

thatsonlyme

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 22, 2012
Chi-Town
Just realized that under my screen name it says YUGO. I used to own that car years ago. what a POS! lol

ashj1893

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 14, 2011
Actually I'm from Europe but I've been living in Chicago past 7 years.

I've been lurking here for some time and I think it's about time to introduce myself.

The Millionaire Fastlane was a real eye opener for me, it perfectly put together things I'd known from personal experience with some ideas so obvious that I had to slap my forehead wondering how it had never occurred to me.

The book made me realize that I was born for the fast lane I just never had a road map! I never really saw myself working for someone for the rest of my life, I never cared about saving for retirement and I always tried to save money for more important things like starting my own business or moving overseas. I'm fast learner and I excelled in every job I had (I'm not bragging here, I'm just trying to honestly evaluate my strengths and weaknesses here). I'm also a risk taker. 7 years ago I turned down an amazing job opportunity, salary that was 4 times higher than average in my country and decided to come to USA instead, country where I'd known nobody, armed only with basic knowledge of English and ready to do any menial job until I finally find my road to success.

So I went from a delivery driver to a shift manager. I didn't like it so I quit and started driving a cab. I saved money and started my own business which I now realize was somebody else's fastlane. I've made many mistakes along the way.

I had a taste of a dream coming true, at least for a little while. Just like MJ had a dream of owning a Lambo some day, I had a dream of owning an E46 coupe. You don't seem many Lambo's in my country but BMW 330Ci was a car I drooled over as a kid and thought I would never be able to afford it. at the time buying a 16K car for cash was a little victory for me. I few years later I lost the car when my girlfriend left me. we split everything we owned together and she got to keep the car while I kept bigger chunk of our savings. it was a hard decision to make because I loved my car but I had this business going and I needed money to invest in it.

then everything went straight to hell! the business failed, I got married, my wife got sick and stopped working, savings disappeared, credit cards got maxed up and I stopped paying them... Just like that I ended up driving a cab 12-16 hours a day just to pay my bills. but I needed this failure to wake me up, to give me a push in the right direction to throw me out of my comfort zone.

then I came up with a great business idea! it's very simple and original, cheap, scalable, there is need for it and there is hardly any competition. while researching ways to bring my idea to life and ways to market it I discovered MJ's book and that was much needed confirmation that I'm on the right track.

the only problem is TIME. I need time to learn necessary skills to bring my idea to life and at this point my life is basically work-eat-sleep. even when I have some free time I'm so exhausted that I can't even think straight. I guess I'm asking for advice here, I don't know. My eyes are shutting down as I type this and I don't know why I needed to write my biography as introduction. I just wanted to say hi.

sorry for the long post, I'm going to knock out...

Welcome to the The Fastlane Forum! I'm from Chicago too! I was born and raised here....unfortunately as you can see, the city sucks..(especially with all the phony people, weather) and all! BUUTT...there's plenty of opportunity here just like anywhere else...so we just have to make use of it...you can actually read my intro thread here as well(I also gave a short biography of my recent circumstances..., and my current thing I'm working on is Wholesaling Real Estate....I'm using it as a way to get my feet wet into the Real Estate Business, which is opening up doors for me in other industries as well.....I'm also using the money(which I make with little or no money down) to get a place to live, as well as to start up other businesses(my next one will be online).....

As for your issue regarding your lack of time.....Try either working less hours(to free up some time) if you can go without some extra money, or you can just slow down on your pace of work, which will free you up of some energy as well....OR....if you just roll with the punches and MAXIMIZE your every moment at work to be doing at least something fastlane(educating yourself with books, etc) You COULD technically just quit working, and throw yourself against the wall so that way it's either make it or fall.....hard.....

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the great intro ... the Yugo just means you're new around here. =)

Glad ya enjoyed the book.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

thatsonlyme

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 22, 2012
Chi-Town
Welcome to the The Fastlane Forum! I'm from Chicago too! I was born and raised here....unfortunately as you can see, the city sucks..(especially with all the phony people, weather) and all! BUUTT...there's plenty of opportunity here just like anywhere else...so we just have to make use of it...you can actually read my intro thread here as well(I also gave a short biography of my recent circumstances..., and my current thing I'm working on is Wholesaling Real Estate....I'm using it as a way to get my feet wet into the Real Estate Business, which is opening up doors for me in other industries as well.....I'm also using the money(which I make with little or no money down) to get a place to live, as well as to start up other businesses(my next one will be online).....

As for your issue regarding your lack of time.....Try either working less hours(to free up some time) if you can go without some extra money, or you can just slow down on your pace of work, which will free you up of some energy as well....OR....if you just roll with the punches and MAXIMIZE your every moment at work to be doing at least something fastlane(educating yourself with books, etc) You COULD technically just quit working, and throw yourself against the wall so that way it's either make it or fall.....hard.....

I read some of your posts before I joined the forum and I think you're doing great! having so much energy and enthusiasm in your situation is quite admirable! I wish you all the best and I'm sure you will eventually make it.

I'm trying to work something out so I can have more free time to work on my ideas, we'll see how that goes. I really can't just quit working as I have responsibilities towards my wife but if I was alone would definitely consider it. for now I'm just rolling with the punches but they are coming down on me faster and harder. when it rains it pours but I'm not giving up.

Thanks MJ I'm recommending your book to my friends.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...