The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New E-Commerce site

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Cam

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Dec 28, 2013
Smithfield, Virginia
This is MLM-able, isn't it? I mean on a "party" kind of level...

Yes it is. I just need to find a way to structure the products for homeparties, seeing how I don't actually keep the stock on hand.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

djax06

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Jan 16, 2013
In 2012 for my entrepreneurship class we had to create a business. I partnered with a buddy who's boss used to run a sex toy store and had a bunch of old inventory.

We decided to create a sex toy 'home party' business for it. Had a few parties but overall found it hard to market as it was 4 dudes selling dildos. Plus we didn't have a website.

Definitely had more potential though, especially with my online marketing knowledge and experience I have today.

For the home parties, the best way we found was obviously word of mouth, girl friends etc, handing out cards at local sex toy stores, cold emails and the biggest one we found was gay pride weekend type gatherings. Go there, set up a booth and get heard.

Lot of grass roots type marketing. I'm sure it could be done better online though.

Cam

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Dec 28, 2013
Smithfield, Virginia
Progress?

No new sales.
I'm still looking to convert my traffic. I get 50-70 visitors daily
But
As of lately I have been link building and concentrating on Seo. I have discovered that Pinterest has been driving a lot traffic to my site. It seems Pinterest is mostly comprised of women ,which mean I am developing a female audience.

Turner

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 27, 2012
Calgary, AB, Canada
You sure do have a lot of products which is good. Here's what I would change/add.

1- Go to fiverr.com and hire someone to create a nice looking logo for you for $5. Use "The One Stop Sex Shop" as the tagline in your logo.
2- Get an 800 or 888 number from ringcentral.com or grasshopper.com or kall8.com and display it at the top of the site.
3- Move the product categories list to the left side of the site instead of having it on the right.
4- Put up a favicon, real simple to do.
5- Do some research on which colors you should choose for your site and why. Believe it or not the colors on your site in certain places like the "add to cart" button can increase conversions. Think about who your demographics are as well when choosing the colors.
6- I don't see a shipping/returns policy anywhere on the site, it would be a good idea to put one up.

There are a few other things I would change/add but I'll leave it at that.

Most importantly, you need to figure out what your unique selling point is and why would someone buy from you instead of the 1000s of other online sex toy stores. It's a crazy competitive niche to be in so I hope you have a good marketing strategy in place that will bring targeted traffic to your site.

Good luck.

Great post!

Here is a nice image depicting the different colours and how consumers perceive and and react to them:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 18

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads