Hi, so the other night I posted a thread somewhere about an opportunity to meet with a guy selling Jinn Energy Drink. He was looking for a sales guy, as he doesn't know sales, he is an international marketer. So I met with him last night and I've got to say, it was exceptional.
When I first stumbled upon this forum which ultimately led me to the book, my mindset changed and my eyes were opened. So all within two days, I started looking for a job first (as right now I have no job or income). So I physically went out job hunting, and answered classifieds which is where I found this opportunity in one day after two days of reading the book and scrolling through these forums.
While I have no job experience nor sales experience, the guy told me about his company he's working on as he has national distribution rights for jinn energy and he has other products he has and is working on selling. Despite my lack of experience, he is helping me acquire a job, getting me into networking, and a chance to make sales using two strategies:
A. Selling at events which is where he gives me cans of the energy drink at 99 cents each to sell at $2-$3 and I get to keep the markup commission.
He said the problem with this is his prior agents would ONLY do this strategy contributing nothing to the big picture or his vision, and he did this to get his agents on their feet with startup income for them, (I immediately thought of the thread zend***phin where he talks about why you shouldn't piss off your mentor lol). So ultimately, they were making profit and contributing nothing other than 99 measly cents per can. On to the next strategy...
B. Selling to shops, such as convenience stores, gas stations, carnicerias, smoke shops etc. which is obviously the ultimate goal.
I asked him what the number one issue was that him and his partner were having and he told me no one has even approached shops, I was dumbfounded. The obvious strategy is use strategy A to build income and spread the word about the product to make strategy B work.
So he said, he can give me samples to sell, and he said if I prove to do well he will even take me in as a business partner. Wow, here I am 19 year old kid with no experience opportunity at the door just going for it. However, the last thing I want to do is get ahead of myself.
Fortunately, I do have connections with a smoke shop and a carniceria so at least I have these starting points.
So he made me an admin on the Jinn Energy Arizona facebook page and has entrusted me with a few things to accomplish. Such as starting ebay and amazon stores along with a new website because quite frankly the Jinn Energy website sucks as it is made for the middle east. He asked me if I had computer skills and this is in fact an asset I do have as I've messed around a lot since a young age on the internet which is why I've been entrusted to it.
So here is where I need advice, what web hosting or web service should I use to build this site. I was thinking wordpress as I've used this before and have experience with it. I also would greatly appreciate any and all salesman advice, and advice in general regarding my scenario. Thank you for your priceless, valuable time.
When I first stumbled upon this forum which ultimately led me to the book, my mindset changed and my eyes were opened. So all within two days, I started looking for a job first (as right now I have no job or income). So I physically went out job hunting, and answered classifieds which is where I found this opportunity in one day after two days of reading the book and scrolling through these forums.
While I have no job experience nor sales experience, the guy told me about his company he's working on as he has national distribution rights for jinn energy and he has other products he has and is working on selling. Despite my lack of experience, he is helping me acquire a job, getting me into networking, and a chance to make sales using two strategies:
A. Selling at events which is where he gives me cans of the energy drink at 99 cents each to sell at $2-$3 and I get to keep the markup commission.
He said the problem with this is his prior agents would ONLY do this strategy contributing nothing to the big picture or his vision, and he did this to get his agents on their feet with startup income for them, (I immediately thought of the thread zend***phin where he talks about why you shouldn't piss off your mentor lol). So ultimately, they were making profit and contributing nothing other than 99 measly cents per can. On to the next strategy...
B. Selling to shops, such as convenience stores, gas stations, carnicerias, smoke shops etc. which is obviously the ultimate goal.
I asked him what the number one issue was that him and his partner were having and he told me no one has even approached shops, I was dumbfounded. The obvious strategy is use strategy A to build income and spread the word about the product to make strategy B work.
So he said, he can give me samples to sell, and he said if I prove to do well he will even take me in as a business partner. Wow, here I am 19 year old kid with no experience opportunity at the door just going for it. However, the last thing I want to do is get ahead of myself.
Fortunately, I do have connections with a smoke shop and a carniceria so at least I have these starting points.
So he made me an admin on the Jinn Energy Arizona facebook page and has entrusted me with a few things to accomplish. Such as starting ebay and amazon stores along with a new website because quite frankly the Jinn Energy website sucks as it is made for the middle east. He asked me if I had computer skills and this is in fact an asset I do have as I've messed around a lot since a young age on the internet which is why I've been entrusted to it.
So here is where I need advice, what web hosting or web service should I use to build this site. I was thinking wordpress as I've used this before and have experience with it. I also would greatly appreciate any and all salesman advice, and advice in general regarding my scenario. Thank you for your priceless, valuable time.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
