The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Business. Need Honest Feedback.

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Need some honest feedback on my website. I started a website selling performance parts for particular classic BMWs in Australia. At the moment, I am in the process of gaining more stock and getting everything lined up to provide a range of servicing products.

I have made 4 sales to date (online for 6 days roughly) and feedback from the car community in general is positive.

Visitors are spending under a minute, on average, on the site. Looking at doing some videos etc to encourage people to stick around.

Anyway, please rate my site.

www.bavarianspeed.com.au

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
Gday,
Good website speed.
The things I would look at are:
  • Overall design - the colour combinations seem a bit jarring.
  • "About Us" - I am sure you can flesh this out. Come up with your story, tell us more about you... it builds trust. Come up with your "why".
  • "Sales" - maybe this is just a personal thing, but when I see more products on sale than not, it screams scam.
Other than that - well done. You actually have something out there, which is a whole lot more than me currently.

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
Gday,
Good website speed.
The things I would look at are:
  • Overall design - the colour combinations seem a bit jarring.
  • "About Us" - I am sure you can flesh this out. Come up with your story, tell us more about you... it builds trust. Come up with your "why".
  • "Sales" - maybe this is just a personal thing, but when I see more products on sale than not, it screams scam.
Other than that - well done. You actually have something out there, which is a whole lot more than me currently.

The colour combination I have gone with are the colours present in the iconic M badge. Maybe I can tone these done a bit.

The about us page. I do agree. It shouts boring to begin with and my story is lacking. I took the approach of talk less about me and more about what we can do for the customer here.

The sales were all part of the initial launch, but I do see where your coming from. Maybe scale back and run seperate sales on products each week?

Thank you for looking.

It feels good to have it up and running. It's been 3 months of finding products, researching and building the site, figuring out my goal and finally getting it online.

Blek

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 15, 2018
Poland
On smartphone is better (less blue, smaller logo) - but on computer logo is to big (taking to much space) - and nothing on the right (ideal place for some kind of slogan if you wanted put menu under it).

Pictures sells - the more good pictures, the better - main pictures should look consistent.

Definitely needed some experimentation with colors.

It should not look like this on desktop
temp.png

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
On smartphone is better (less blue, smaller logo) - but on computer logo is to big (taking to much space) - and nothing on the right (ideal place for some kind of slogan if you wanted put menu under it).

Pictures sells - the more good pictures, the better - main pictures should look consistent.

Definitely needed some experimentation with colors.

It should not look like this on desktop
View attachment 36393

Agreed on product page layout. Trying to out source someone to sort this out. Template I am using allows little adjustment.

Thankyou for your feedback.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
The colour combination I have gone with are the colours present in the iconic M badge. Maybe I can tone these done a bit.

Excited for you @Roughneck! Hope you turn this into a full progress thread!

I'm no expert at design or car restoration besides being fascinated by both, so could be completely off here! :smile2:

The site loaded quickly with Safari!

I'd agree with the quote above with red, blue, purple/dark blue colors being tweaked to not be as eye catching.

Your hero images have me wanting so badly to lightly run my hand across the hoods of the cars (I wouldn't!! It's the want that counts, lol.) and get behind the wheel. If that's where my eye can focus and then check out how to buy and what you are selling it's golden for me.

What if your blue turned to a light-medium gray, your red just a little less poppy, and the blue could come in on the Restore, Perform, and Maintenance overlay on the hero images? 'Shop Performance Parts' buttons might be cool in a gray as well.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
I'd like to see something about why you care about this market somewhere on the site. Just seems like you're trying to make money with no actual care or passion for the market, whether that is true or not.

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
Excited for you @Roughneck! Hope you turn this into a full progress thread!

I'm no expert at design or car restoration besides being fascinated by both, so could be completely off here! :smile2:

The site loaded quickly with Safari!

I'd agree with the quote above with red, blue, purple/dark blue colors being tweaked to not be as eye catching.

Your hero images have me wanting so badly to lightly run my hand across the hoods of the cars (I wouldn't!! It's the want that counts, lol.) and get behind the wheel. If that's where my eye can focus and then check out how to buy and what you are selling it's golden for me.

What if your blue turned to a light-medium gray, your red just a little less poppy, and the blue could come in on the Restore, Perform, and Maintenance overlay on the hero images? 'Shop Performance Parts' buttons might be cool in a gray as well.

Thankyou for your comments!

I will run some of those colours through and see how it looks.

I'd like to see something about why you care about this market somewhere on the site. Just seems like you're trying to make money with no actual care or passion for the market, whether that is true or not.

That's true. I'm not in it just to make money, I am in it to build cars and teach my kids about them. All profits, eventually, will be going into creating a beautiful E30!

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
Thankyou for your comments!

I will run some of those colours through and see how it looks.

That's true. I'm not in it just to make money, I am in it to build cars and teach my kids about them. All profits, eventually, will be going into creating a beautiful E30!
Check out www.paletton.com to help come up with colours that work together.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Hi Everyone,

Need some honest feedback on my website. I started a website selling performance parts for particular classic BMWs in Australia. At the moment, I am in the process of gaining more stock and getting everything lined up to provide a range of servicing products.

I have made 4 sales to date (online for 6 days roughly) and feedback from the car community in general is positive.

Visitors are spending under a minute, on average, on the site. Looking at doing some videos etc to encourage people to stick around.

Anyway, please rate my site.

www.bavarianspeed.com.au
Wow, thats great!

Where is your youtube channel? Insta? FB?
Imo thats the way to go.
I tried this with motorbikes some years ago as a project with my kids, but there was no demand for the parts, so I canceled the store and only have the information sites open.

I put one very bad video online how to change a air filter. And it still has views.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3E8GEjar30

So go out, take your phone, walk around your e30, tell something about it and than load it to your bavarian speed youtube chanel.
Write your domain on a sheet by hand and make that your intro. Don’t make any cut and you will have your first video in 10 minutes.

Have fun and keep on do with your kids!
Awesome!

Last edited:

Tortoise

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 28, 2020
London, UK
That's your story right there. Cool.

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
Thanks for the input everyone.

I have changed the site around. If anyone is keen, check it out again www.bavarianspeed.com.au

The colours I did keep the same for the time being but I have adjusted the 'our story' and the product pages.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Colors are a bit 2000'ish.
And too dim for me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.