The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Buddy You've Got: Crazy Brazilian Medical Student Giving Up US Residency For Fastlane

What did you think?

• Meh, who's this guy? Sure, welcome, whatever.

• Awwww yeah! Welcome, you'll fit right in!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hermilio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 22, 2020
Brazil
Hey there! I'm new on the Fastlane Forum and I hope I can help you become a better entrepreneur through my posts and my perspective!

So yeah, I'm pretty much what the title says! I'm Hermilio, I'm a medical student in Brazil who not three months ago was all set for going for a residency in the United States. Pretty much the Slowlane on steroids, the "greatest achievement" of the job mindset ever. It may sound like I think I'm hot stuff, but I'm really just a chump who thinks too much and has a crazy obsession with optimization.

Anyways, I haven't officially divorced the Slowlane, or dropped out of medical school. However, from now on I'm putting 99% of my focus on building a business on a content based system which will teach how to study medicine effectively for 10.000 Brazilian medical students. My course will be priced at roughly US$599.87 (roughly R$3,000.00). I'm using a launch model of sales and generating leads through free E-Books.

I'm going to provide so much value, bastard's going to think I'm crazy.

See you around, Fastlaners!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Zealander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 20, 2020
European union
Hi Hermilio, welcome to the forums!
As somebody who is involved in the e-learning space (udemy instructor + software engineer) I would really be careful about making rash decisions regarding your career and the residency spot. I don't want to be a downer but a market of 10.000 students is not that much considering that most poor medicine students will never shell out 600 bucks.

Also, at least to me it seems like if you got a residency spot in US and are debt free than it seems like a very good way to setup a great business later. Because the barriers to entry are much higher and people will never save when it comes to their health. Seting up your own clinic or something like that would probably make you a millionaire fast. On the other hand anybody with an internet connection can create an online course so it is a really cut throat market where 600 prices are really not that common in 2020.

Just saying that you already did all of the hard work of getting specialized knowledge, why not reap the rewards. You can always try selling the course on the side is what I am saying. Good luck!

Last edited:

Putt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 1, 2020
@Zealander raises some important points here.

Check out Ali Abdaal, he's a British medical student, now junior doctor who ran a YouTube channel and later set up a med school admission coaching course/service. It might be a good source of inspiration for you.

Hermilio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 22, 2020
Brazil
@Zealander raises some important points here.

Check out Ali Abdaal, he's a British medical student, now junior doctor who ran a YouTube channel and later set up a med school admission coaching course/service. It might be a good source of inspiration for you.

Hey, nice suggestion! Ali's great.

He's a great source of inspiration. The guy's awesome and teaches a lot about productivity, effective study methods and surprisingly, video editing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hermilio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 22, 2020
Brazil
Hi Hermilio, welcome to the forums!
As somebody who is involved in the e-learning space (udemy instructor + software engineer) I would really be careful about making rash decisions regarding your career and the residency spot. I don't want to be a downer but a market of 10.000 students is not that much considering that most poor medicine students will never shell out 600 bucks.

Also, at least to me it seems like if you got a residency spot in US and are debt free than it seems like a very good way to setup a great business later. Because the barriers to entry are much higher and people will never save when it comes to their health. Seting up your own clinic or something like that would probably make you a millionaire fast. On the other hand anybody with an internet connection can create an online course so it is a really cut throat market where 600 prices are really not that common in 2020.

Just saying that you already did all of the hard work of getting specialized knowledge, why not reap the rewards. You can always try selling the course on the side is what I am saying. Good luck!

Hey Zealander, thanks for giving your time and giving me your advice.

Frankly, I'd rather jump off a bridge than go through the residency process and back to that Slowlane again.

There's a niche and there may be an unsolved want there - Brazilian medical students suffer through idiotic study methods and may respond to a product which frees up their time and gives them the ability to produce lasting knowledge.

I find that while entry barriers are relatively small (building a website, gathering a following in social media, selling to them) the process of building a qualified, warmed list (gathering leads, warming leads, building authority, and using launches) may be a bit harder to get into.

I'm currently headed for a test launch, on which I plan to spend US$50 (R$300) on marketing and structure in order to gather some recurring income customers first.

Until then, it's producing and distributing content, and gathering leads. I'm willing to power through mistakes, failures and a long time of unpaid work in order to create a profitable process.

But hey, thanks for the advice - you're an awesome guy for helping out!

Hermilio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 22, 2020
Brazil
I'd also like to call on our Saint @MJ DeMarco, on the tiny hope that he sees this young stupid kid starting out and gives more of this much needed criticism.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...