The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New and learning a lot

ctrl-alt-delete

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 8, 2020
Oregon
My 27yr profession in the slow lane is coming to a close, and I'm not where I want to be financially. My wife has been a struggling entrepreneur for years, and I've largely bank rolled her attempts with my slow lane income and savings. I've never had the entrepreneurial drive and thirst in my DNA like some folks (my wife has it), but I realize that I need to leverage the next decade or two to make the absolute most of my time. So my research into the entrepreneur world has begun.
I stumbled into a great YT channel that mentioned The Millionaire Fastlane , so I ordered it and have been really enjoying it the last couple days. Naturally that lead to a curiosity about this forum. I've already spent a few hours reading random gold and hot threads, and am quickly learning there's a wealth of knowledge and information here. So I thought I should join, lurk, and ask the occasional question as my education unfolds. I've already ordered Unscripted , as well as Start From Zero, Thinkertoys and Cracking Creativity. I really have no idea where I'm going yet, but I know it's all up to me, so I'd better be as educated and prepared as a neophyte can be. I chose my forum name because that's how I'm viewing this new approach to my life.
Thanks for reading this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Welcome @ctrl-alt-delete,

Has your wife read TMF ? If she is struggling then getting her on the same page would probably be a good start. What does she do? Also what was the YouTube channel you mentioned?

Although it's good to read don't get suckered into thinking that you have to read every entrepreneur book out there. The best way to learn is by doing and solving problems as and when they arise. This forum will provide a huge wealth of knowledge for you and is always at hand to ask for advice. For many its a second home.

Look forward to reading about your progress.

ctrl-alt-delete

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 8, 2020
Oregon
Welcome!
What are you good at?
What do you like doing?
What do your people need?
What skill can you be paid for?
Good luck.
I'm still trying to do an honest evaluation of those things but my introspective assessment says:
I'm a good teacher, and patient. Also clear-headed under extreme pressure.
I love doing things outdoors, whether hard labor or recreation.
I'm still trying to solve the need and paid for puzzles.

I'm also trying to "solve a problem," which can be built both into a very satisfying sense of accomplishment (and help others), and also generate long-term wealth. I'm trying hard to avoid creating myself "a job" that's not scalable. If allowed to "follow my passion" (not to step on toes, but I that phrase grates on me), I'd like to start a career as a hybrid craftsman/tradesman.................blacksmithing, bladesmithing, machinist, fabricator, gunsmith. Ironically, those sound fairly indoors, but at least three of them would allow me to work from a open (large) shop door. But again, without "solving a problem," I'm still essentially trading hours for dollars in a way that's fun and a refreshing change from the last 27yrs. I'm trying to avoid this trap for now, and treat these possible trades as a recreational hobby for whatever downtime I earn down the road after my business is rolling.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ctrl-alt-delete

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 8, 2020
Oregon
Welcome @ctrl-alt-delete,

Has your wife read TMF ? If she is struggling then getting her on the same page would probably be a good start. What does she do? Also what was the YouTube channel you mentioned?

Although it's good to read don't get suckered into thinking that you have to read every entrepreneur book out there. The best way to learn is by doing and solving problems as and when they arise. This forum will provide a huge wealth of knowledge for you and is always at hand to ask for advice. For many its a second home.

Look forward to reading about your progress.
My wife has NOT read TMF yet, but she needs too. She's a sidewalker. I love her, but it's been tough. I'm a slow-laner who's now reaping the consequences of this arrangement. She's slowly come to realize the sidewalk is a death trap, and that my pleading has been warranted. I'll keep things vague, but I'm sure you see the picture.

The YouTube channel I found is James Jani. I don't know how I stumbled into him............probably some Y-T algorithm, but he's got 274K subscribers and only EIGHT videos. He immediately rings so true, that I trusted him with the TMF suggestion.

I'm fully aware of the "paralysis by analysis" trap, so I don't plan to spend forever reading up before taking action. I just need to get "in the zone" with my thinking (coming from the career slow lane) and start thinking both differently and creatively. I don't want to start a FBA from China, I want to create/invent/solve something to be proud of. But I'm very left-brain.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...