ActionMonth
New Contributor
Hello everyone,
I been lurking this site for about a month and have been too intimidated to post anything, everyone seems like they know what they're talking about and are so experienced. I hope to learn everything I can from you guys.
I'm 23 male from Long Beach CA, but currently residing in Texas. I am currently freelancing film and photography (FREE for now, trying to get my name out). I am also looking to start a small business on the side, so I can use the profit to grow my film business and work on my goals.
I grew up in a very bad neighborhood in Long Beach then had to move into an even WORSE neighborhood because my parents went through a financial issue. I remember seeing a lot of severe crime growing up. At age 18 I made a big decision to move out to Texas on my own, enough was enough. It was an extremely rough ride the first few years I got here. I worked crappy jobs like cleaning toilets and washing dishes. I ended up being homeless, ate left overs from people, dug through trash, lived in a broken Honda Civic, couch surfed with people I didn't know, had toxic ex-girlfriends. I moved in with random people, most of which were awful spoiled kids with no roommate etiquette. It was rough, I wanted to go home, no real friends, no family. All while going to college, paying out of pocket and with help from financial aid. Eventually I dropped out due to the burden of it all. I had people, even my own family telling me what I was doing was stupid and naive(which in all honesty, probably was). The whole time, I was thinking about getting my family out the ghetto, I thought about my dream of being a filmer, I thought about a better life.
Fast forward 5 years, I got a decent paying job for a young single male. I'm renting out an awesome house in a beautiful neighborhood. I drive a new quality sports car and I finally, FINALLY got that expensive digital camera that I've wanted. I have been taking pictures and filming videos for people and they love my quality of work! I have a YouTube up and I want to start documenting my progress from being homeless to getting closer and closer to achieving my dreams! I hope to inspire others that are going through tough times. I have surrounded myself with like-minded hustlers and it is amazing to be around a group of friends like this. I started reading a lot of books, follow as many entrepreneur pages as possible and doing everything I can to move up the ladder. As of now, I am working on finding a way to sell products and services so I can quit my job and work on me full time. I am so glad I found thefastlaneforum and can't wait to learn from everyone here. I know I can accomplish my mission, my journey isn't over yet.
Sorry for this being so long, I just had to let it out and I am just excited and enthusiastic about all this. Could I have done things differently? Most definitely, college was my biggest regret. It sucked up so much of my time and money. I would have gotten a lot farther, sooner if it wasn't for that. It was my fault for letting the mainstream social dynamic fool me into wanting to live the cookie cutter life. Thank you to those who took the time to read!
I been lurking this site for about a month and have been too intimidated to post anything, everyone seems like they know what they're talking about and are so experienced. I hope to learn everything I can from you guys.
I'm 23 male from Long Beach CA, but currently residing in Texas. I am currently freelancing film and photography (FREE for now, trying to get my name out). I am also looking to start a small business on the side, so I can use the profit to grow my film business and work on my goals.
I grew up in a very bad neighborhood in Long Beach then had to move into an even WORSE neighborhood because my parents went through a financial issue. I remember seeing a lot of severe crime growing up. At age 18 I made a big decision to move out to Texas on my own, enough was enough. It was an extremely rough ride the first few years I got here. I worked crappy jobs like cleaning toilets and washing dishes. I ended up being homeless, ate left overs from people, dug through trash, lived in a broken Honda Civic, couch surfed with people I didn't know, had toxic ex-girlfriends. I moved in with random people, most of which were awful spoiled kids with no roommate etiquette. It was rough, I wanted to go home, no real friends, no family. All while going to college, paying out of pocket and with help from financial aid. Eventually I dropped out due to the burden of it all. I had people, even my own family telling me what I was doing was stupid and naive(which in all honesty, probably was). The whole time, I was thinking about getting my family out the ghetto, I thought about my dream of being a filmer, I thought about a better life.
Fast forward 5 years, I got a decent paying job for a young single male. I'm renting out an awesome house in a beautiful neighborhood. I drive a new quality sports car and I finally, FINALLY got that expensive digital camera that I've wanted. I have been taking pictures and filming videos for people and they love my quality of work! I have a YouTube up and I want to start documenting my progress from being homeless to getting closer and closer to achieving my dreams! I hope to inspire others that are going through tough times. I have surrounded myself with like-minded hustlers and it is amazing to be around a group of friends like this. I started reading a lot of books, follow as many entrepreneur pages as possible and doing everything I can to move up the ladder. As of now, I am working on finding a way to sell products and services so I can quit my job and work on me full time. I am so glad I found thefastlaneforum and can't wait to learn from everyone here. I know I can accomplish my mission, my journey isn't over yet.
Sorry for this being so long, I just had to let it out and I am just excited and enthusiastic about all this. Could I have done things differently? Most definitely, college was my biggest regret. It sucked up so much of my time and money. I would have gotten a lot farther, sooner if it wasn't for that. It was my fault for letting the mainstream social dynamic fool me into wanting to live the cookie cutter life. Thank you to those who took the time to read!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
