The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New and I want to share my story

ActionMonth

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
414%
Apr 14, 2016
Texas
Hello everyone,

I been lurking this site for about a month and have been too intimidated to post anything, everyone seems like they know what they're talking about and are so experienced. I hope to learn everything I can from you guys.

I'm 23 male from Long Beach CA, but currently residing in Texas. I am currently freelancing film and photography (FREE for now, trying to get my name out). I am also looking to start a small business on the side, so I can use the profit to grow my film business and work on my goals.

I grew up in a very bad neighborhood in Long Beach then had to move into an even WORSE neighborhood because my parents went through a financial issue. I remember seeing a lot of severe crime growing up. At age 18 I made a big decision to move out to Texas on my own, enough was enough. It was an extremely rough ride the first few years I got here. I worked crappy jobs like cleaning toilets and washing dishes. I ended up being homeless, ate left overs from people, dug through trash, lived in a broken Honda Civic, couch surfed with people I didn't know, had toxic ex-girlfriends. I moved in with random people, most of which were awful spoiled kids with no roommate etiquette. It was rough, I wanted to go home, no real friends, no family. All while going to college, paying out of pocket and with help from financial aid. Eventually I dropped out due to the burden of it all. I had people, even my own family telling me what I was doing was stupid and naive(which in all honesty, probably was). The whole time, I was thinking about getting my family out the ghetto, I thought about my dream of being a filmer, I thought about a better life.

Fast forward 5 years, I got a decent paying job for a young single male. I'm renting out an awesome house in a beautiful neighborhood. I drive a new quality sports car and I finally, FINALLY got that expensive digital camera that I've wanted. I have been taking pictures and filming videos for people and they love my quality of work! I have a YouTube up and I want to start documenting my progress from being homeless to getting closer and closer to achieving my dreams! I hope to inspire others that are going through tough times. I have surrounded myself with like-minded hustlers and it is amazing to be around a group of friends like this. I started reading a lot of books, follow as many entrepreneur pages as possible and doing everything I can to move up the ladder. As of now, I am working on finding a way to sell products and services so I can quit my job and work on me full time. I am so glad I found thefastlaneforum and can't wait to learn from everyone here. I know I can accomplish my mission, my journey isn't over yet.

Sorry for this being so long, I just had to let it out and I am just excited and enthusiastic about all this. Could I have done things differently? Most definitely, college was my biggest regret. It sucked up so much of my time and money. I would have gotten a lot farther, sooner if it wasn't for that. It was my fault for letting the mainstream social dynamic fool me into wanting to live the cookie cutter life. Thank you to those who took the time to read!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

conquer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Apr 30, 2016
Welcome to the forum!

You've made great progress judging by your decisions. Many people wouldn't take the risks you did like moving out, dropping out of college etc.

The future might seem uncertain at times, especially at your lowest points, however you truly control your destiny - don't forget that.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome to the fastlane neighbor. Impressive story of work ethic, drive, vision, and determination so far. More of the story yet to be written. I look forward to hearing about and seeing your progress. Good luck.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Welcome! :)

Interesting and impressive story so far. Looking forward to read your progress on here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.