The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need video game console and games recommendations

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I haven't had a video game console since PS3 or was it Xbox? Anyway it's been since 2007. I am looking to buy a video game console(s) for my summer home where I often have a bunch of people over.

What good games are out there that you can do multiplayer (4 players) on one screen?

Are there any first person shooters that you can pay in campaign coop mode? Ideally, split screen? Are there any games that have a coop split screen campaign like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2?

If needed, I'm not opposed to getting 4 consoles and 4 TVs and going multiplayer that way. But I don't think a single wifi can handle that? The TVs would all be in different rooms. Can you hook up 4 consoles via ethernet cable, old school LAN party?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Local co-op games / series that are quite good (2 players):
Halo
Gears of Wars series
Cuphead
Call of Duty (every game in the series has at least 2 players local coop, although some allow up to 4 players local coop)
Forza Motorsport 4 and other racing games (Formula 1, Moto GP, etc)
All fighting games - Tekken, Street Fighter, Blazblue, etc
Sports games - Fifa, NFL, NBA, etc

Some games allow up to 4 players on a split screen:
The Borderlands Series
Trine 4
Castle Crashers
Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled (100% recommended)
Rocket League

I advise going for an XboX One, since it has the Gears of War and Halo exclusives, as well as Forza Motorsport. I don't know much about PlayStation's exclusives, but they seem more catered towards single player experiences.

Also the XboX One is a slightly better console as far as I know, as the PS has some heating / noise issues, but maybe those were only on the older versions, I don't follow the console market closely enough to give you a definite answer.

There shouldn't be any issue with playing with a LAN-like setup, as long as the games allow for it. It's probably better since I don't know if consoles can actually run 4 players split screen without having massive FPS drops.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
On Wifi: get one of the more expensive wireless routers ($200), and you'll be fine. They can handle higher numbers of users. Even a cheaper router would work though. 4 xboxes are not a big deal.

Separate xboxes would be ideal It would allow people who want their own screen to have one. If you're in separate rooms, though, you lose some of the camaraderie. You could always do split screen on a single xbox if you wanted to. Having the extra systems gives you added options.

Some games don't do split screen at all. The Forza driving game on Xbox Game Pass won't. I think it requires a lot of processing power just to do a single screen.

A super-fun game that is easy for most people to pick up is Rocket League, mentioned above. It will do split screen (I think up to 4 players). Super fun, and you can all play against each other.

Last edited:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Depends on what you're going for, but in our house, we really enjoy playing on the switch together. Many games are made specifically for 4-8 players (like mario kart, mario party, smash bros), and they are good fun.

It's also nice to be able to pick it up and play on the go, though I don't leave my house much these days :happy:

If action RPGs are your thing the Zelda BOTW on Switch is one of the best games I ever played (IGN ranked it a "10/10 masterpiece"), and Witcher 3 is also on Switch (IGN ranked it a 9.3/10)

The console is like $300, and each controller is $70, and for most multiplayer games one controller can support 2 people.

EDIT: Some Switch Titles intended to be played with 4-8 players on one screen:

Also, check this link with more: Best local multiplayer Switch games to guarantee a noise complaint

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm not sure about console recommendations, but I do have a game suggestion for you - Rocket League, which is a really fun and addictive game that combines soccer and cars!

So glad you joined the forum to share this information. Clearly the "spam warnings" that came prefaced on your account registration were accurate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.