The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need some wisdom.

Exodia

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2007
Hello there everyone.
Will for the past few days nothing is getting done I am everywhere.
One of the biggest things I need to start working on is on my business plan for one of my ventures. One reason I think I am not getting this done is a lack of laziness. I do work full time working for someone else is suck but I have to suck it up for now. Is physical work not mental work. So by the time I get out is late and most of the time I am tire my mine is elsewhere and I am not focus. I am work on my business my Computer business and also on my new venture. But still need to get the business plan for both ventures done just cannot fine any time to do so. I need to improve my time management skill more.
One of the reason I route this I need so words of wisdom they help me a lot.
They help me to understand why I am doing what I do.
Sorry for my English.
:thumbsup:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Hi Exodia,

I did not read the book but from the summaries and reviews that I read it seems like the book "4 hour work week" written by Tomothy Ferriss may be quite helpful to you.
Good luck.

Henk

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I read it -- and it was a good read. You can't apply most of it if you're working a grueling physical job like construction, but if you work a desk job - it definitely gives you a lot of tips on how to maximize your work week and get a lot of free time for working on your side businesses, etc

- Hakrjak

lucas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 7, 2007
Another great book that addresses this subject is Seven Habits of Highly Successful People.

It talks about the difference between "important" and "urgent". So often we find ourselves spending the majority of time doing things that are urgent, putting out brushfires so to speak, because they DEMAND our attention. But just because something is urgent does not mean it is important.

One of the best things you can do is schedule a time at least once a week to sit down and prioritize your goals for the week. Figure out what you REALLY want to accomplish, and then set up a task or two for each of your goals that will provide you demonstrable progress towards your goals. You can then do whatever you need to do throughout the week (things that are urgent) and as long as you get those few tasks done you will have made significant progress toward your real goals.

But it's important to be consistent -- develop a strategy and routine that works for you, then periodically analyze it for potential improvements and revise it as needed.

michael515

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 27, 2007
The Power of Focus (Canfield, Hewitt, Victor Hansen) is a great book for focusing on what's productive - not just busy work.

Four Hour Work Week (Ferriss) will address this very much too..

Both are excellent books.

Also, I find that I get lazy when the project just seems like I'm trying to eat an elephant. Just taking the first step is very powerful. Remember this quote by William Tecumseh Sherman "A good plan violently executed today is far and away better than a perfect plan tomorrow."

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Exodia,

How is this going for you?

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Take a vacation. Take your laptop. Crank it out. There is no time like the present. Once you have started, you will regret every day you put it off.

I am about to write a plan for my second venture, and I'll be doing it from a hotel balcony in La Jolla, California.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.