The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need Niche Ideas? Get One A Day Here!

Idea threads

thomashoi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
375%
Apr 3, 2012
Singapore
Hi all,

I was recently clearing my harddisk and I discovered there are over 1,000 niche ideas collecting dust.... Since some of you here may have problems finding a niche idea or a profitable market to serve, I have decided to put a different niche idea here daily so that you can choose which market to serve.

I will give you the problems people in a particular market is having and what kind of solutions these people are looking for. Take this as my way of giving back to the forum... but only for the INSIDERS!!

I will also share the fastest and easiest way to setup your own website and put content there even if you do not know how to write.

Here's the niche idea for today:

Problem:

Have you ever made a mistake you wish you could change?

What you think now may be a BIG MISTAKE?

This crowd had decided at one point to brand
themselves with a tattoo...and now they think it
was a HUGE horrible mistake.

Can you imagine looking in the mirror EVERYDAY
and seeing this MISTAKE?

Do you think that makes for a motivated crowd?

So... today keyword is **Tattoo Removal**

Solution:

First thing you'll notice is there are some really
juicy keywords....with thousands of searches and
very little competition.

Many may be looking for home remedies, but MORE
are looking for 'where' to get there tattoos removed and
they do NOT want to make a mistake. (Can you say info
product?)

Can you create a lead gen site and sell leads to tattoo shops?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andrewkar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 10, 2012
Hi Thomas,

Think I remember your form Flippa, 2 or 3 years ago. You have sold nice tiny site in travel niche...? It went for 14K or 16K?

Am I right?

I was interested in buying it but my budget at that time was a way to small.

Anyway, let's get back to niche ideas.

What exactly is your proposition for this lead gen site?

1) just landing page with the vid and optin?

2) kind of educational site? (bigger and more expensive task obviously)

3) review site?

How would you approach that subject?

Thanks!

thomashoi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
375%
Apr 3, 2012
Singapore
Hi Thomas,

Think I remember your form Flippa, 2 or 3 years ago. You have sold nice tiny site in travel niche...? It went for 14K or 16K?

Am I right?

I was interested in buying it but my budget at that time was a way to small.

Anyway, let's get back to niche ideas.

What exactly is your proposition for this lead gen site?

1) just landing page with the vid and optin?

2) kind of educational site? (bigger and more expensive task obviously)

3) review site?

How would you approach that subject?

Thanks!

Hi,

You mean this website ?

auraresorts price.jpg

It was sold at a price of $3,400 ..... not a lot but I bought the domain at around $300 plus and just put back all the previous content...
All the SEO, backlinks and domain age has been done for me.... I just sit back and collect money... It was my best deal!

Lead Gen is possible if you are willing to do the hard work of contacting the business owners... but since the CPC is quite high, at $4 plus a click, you might want to do an adsense site, collect a few months of adsense income and sell on flippa for a lump sum. For the content, you can visit related forums and find out people's concerns on removing tattoos and then outsource the article writing.

If you find it too hard... no worries... more niches coming up!

Last edited:

thomashoi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
375%
Apr 3, 2012
Singapore
Hi all,

If you ever pick up any parenting magazine...you will discover one of the biggest, nastiest
smelliest problems new moms and dads get frustrated over......

Can you guess?

Right!

POTTY TRAINING!!

Today's niche serves a motivated crowd.

Actions to take:

On your landing pages you may want
to include typical ages toddlers are ready
to be 'potty trained' and when a parent
might start to 'worry'.

and then...

Go to pre-selling the 'methods' or products
that you are going to be promoting.

This would be an EXCELLENT market
to build a list in.

Why?

Because parents will need advice and help
for the next...18 years!!!!! or more :)

Follow?

You can start with potty training

==>educational material
==>music lessons
==>youth sports
==>more insurance
==>then ????? on to weddings and marriage.

For those who are thinking of starting an Ecommerce store, this is an excellent market to target.
With all the above information provided on your website, the next question a parent ask is where do get the products?
So you naturally direct them to your ecommerce store and your conversion rate should be awesome!

Some keywords to help you along:

1. how to potty train a girl - 6,600 searches
2. potty training boys - 14,800 searches
3. how to potty train a boy - 8,100 searches
4. potty training tips for boys - 1,900 searches

Who is going to pull the trigger on this?

Andrewkar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 10, 2012
$3,400 ? Hmm... My memory is plying with me.

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
Hi Thomas,

Any more ideas? Always interested to see what other people deem as needs.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
keep 'em coming. my son just asked me "how do i find a niche?". i laughed...and told him - i wish i knew of a process, besides just paying attention to what you need and want..and what others need and want.

not much help to an 18 yr old..

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
Yeh I find it extremely frustrating. I often boggle at what businesses prosper. I look at consumer items and think there surely is no money in that, I wouldn't buy it....then someone makes a multi million dollar business.

Maybe I have to dumb down my view of the average consumer. I just want something that I believe has a chance of being justifiably profitable to sink my teeth into.

I pull my hair out with moving nowhere.....!

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Oztrepreneur

I think you DO need to dumb down your view of the average consumer. I'm still working on it myself...

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Why do you only consider consumer items? There's more money in B2B, and if you talk with several owners of companies in some profitable industries you'll have more problems to solve that you can handle.

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
MTF thanks. To be honest I don't only consider consumer items. I always hear people on blogs etc saying there are more problems than can be solved. It always sounds like a cliche, but maybe I just cannot see them. How do you find these? Speak to people? I don't know any owners of companies.

I have considered running some form of survey for multiple industries to try identify pain points but imagine that may not produce much fruit.

Honestly I would love any tangible advice you can give. Even some examples ( but not essential ) as I think I struggle to accept that some things are actually real problems that businesses would pay for.

I work in the Oil and Gas industry. The options here are extremely limited as it is very big business and problems are not ones a startup could solve. Always willing to do the work but how do I find the so called problems.

Frustrating!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
1. Go to Manta.com.
2. Search for companies in a profitable and thriving industry (you can use http://www.ibisworld.com/industry/home.aspx to find such industries).
3. Send e-mails to CEOs or call them.
4. Ask them about their most painful problems and daily frustrations. Go deep until you find a very specific problem (e.g. problems with a specific daily task). Ask them what solution would help them solve these problems. Let them come up with the solution. In B2B, SaaS (software as a service) model works very well, but it's not the only option (e.g. MJ's limos.com solved the problem of getting qualified leads for owners of limo companies). Ask them if they would be eager to get rid of this problem by helping you provide a solution for them by giving you feedback and funding the development by paying upfront.

Oil and gas industry may be a huge industry, but it doesn't mean people in this industry have only very difficult problems that a startup can't solve. You don't have to build huge all-in-one solutions, and in my opinion it's not a good idea (it's better to start with one specific problem and then just add new features in the future). Since you're already in this industry, I guess you can start with it as you probably already have some contacts that can help you reach business owners or managers. Moreover, you're knowledgeable about the industry which will make research easier.

thomashoi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
375%
Apr 3, 2012
Singapore
Hi all,

This is a great idea for folks who are considering to start an Ecommerce storewith a unique angle.

Today we are going to talk about a
starving crowd in the sports niche that is
surprisingly over looked.

The tennis market is HUGE and highly
under served in the internet marketing world.

I found a whole list of keywords that are
constantly typed in by people with their
credit cards in hand and ready to buy.

Have you heard of a very
popular brand of tennis racquets called
"Babolat Pure Drive Plus"?

The people behind these keywords already
know what they want.

They are just looking to be pointed
in the right direction in order to make
the purchase.

Why not help them out and make some
money for doing it?

You can easily expand on this list of keywords!

There are many other brands of tennis racquets
out there.

Wilson, Dunlop, Prince, Gamma are some other
popular ones. Or better yet, try doing a Google
search on some famous tennis players.

Find out what tennis racquets they are using, and I bet
you'll discover another hungry crowd looking to buy
that same brand of racquets as well.

Remember...serious tennis players (or any sport) will
spend HUGE MONEY to give them even the slightest
edge over their competition.

They are NOT only passionate...but can be snobby
about what equipment they use too.

Use this knowledge...in your articles, landing pages...etc.

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
Interesting Thomas. I had a look at Babolat and they are huge and sponsor a host of top tennis players. Are you suggesting creating a brand of tennis racket to compete with juggernauts like this?

ralphT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Mar 25, 2012
South FL
Are you suggesting creating a brand of tennis racket to compete with juggernauts like this?

It seems as though Thomas is listing ideas that have good SEO potential, not so much suggesting what you've mentioned.

But I'm actually very eager for him to keep these coming because although it's not exactly a fastlane business, when you know how to automate 95% of the process and are able to generate product referral/affiliate commissions, it certainly is nice to have an almost 100% passive income stream that can be used to fund larger more solid fastlane ideas/businesses. (sorry about the run-on ...)

Please keep this thread going, Thomas. Thinking outside the box on these ideas can make us some easy money :)

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Shoi, awesome effort. Thanks for doing this and be encouraged. Kind of think you should have said Once-a-Week though. :woot:
I had thought to do something similar with the amount of ideas that I get on a day-to-day or weekly basis but decided against it because I was not able to qualify the persons who would see it and I feared wasting my efforts, my words and so on and for that reason, I have not done it.

You are an inspiration to me.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
Yeh I find it extremely frustrating. I often boggle at what businesses prosper. I look at consumer items and think there surely is no money in that, I wouldn't buy it....then someone makes a multi million dollar business.

Maybe I have to dumb down my view of the average consumer. I just want something that I believe has a chance of being justifiably profitable to sink my teeth into.

I pull my hair out with moving nowhere.....!
Oztrepreneur

I think you DO need to dumb down your view of the average consumer. I'm still working on it myself...

This is something im working on as well. When I show someone my prototype for my product they usually laugh in my face or say it could make some money. People probably laughed really hard at the snuggy or the pet rock and look at them now. I feel like most people dont have a grasp on just how large of a market something can be. Just because they wouldnt buy it doesnt mean there arent hundreds,thousands,millions, or billions of people who wouldnt. So im hoping I can be a player in my niche and, be just another purchase consumers make of the thousands they make in their lifetime.

SJMM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 22, 2014
New York, NY
Hi all,

If you ever pick up any parenting magazine...you will discover one of the biggest, nastiest
smelliest problems new moms and dads get frustrated over......

Can you guess?

Right!

POTTY TRAINING!!

Today's niche serves a motivated crowd.

Actions to take:

On your landing pages you may want
to include typical ages toddlers are ready
to be 'potty trained' and when a parent
might start to 'worry'.

and then...

Go to pre-selling the 'methods' or products
that you are going to be promoting.

This would be an EXCELLENT market
to build a list in.

Why?

Because parents will need advice and help
for the next...18 years!!!!! or more :)

Follow?

You can start with potty training

==>educational material
==>music lessons
==>youth sports
==>more insurance
==>then ????? on to weddings and marriage.

For those who are thinking of starting an Ecommerce store, this is an excellent market to target.
With all the above information provided on your website, the next question a parent ask is where do get the products?
So you naturally direct them to your ecommerce store and your conversion rate should be awesome!

Some keywords to help you along:

1. how to potty train a girl - 6,600 searches
2. potty training boys - 14,800 searches
3. how to potty train a boy - 8,100 searches
4. potty training tips for boys - 1,900 searches

Who is going to pull the trigger on this?

I am in the parenting niche and this is the first product I am going to add to my ecommerce store. Thanks for the information. This is really informative and valuable.

Nur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 4, 2014
MTF thanks. To be honest I don't only consider consumer items. I always hear people on blogs etc saying there are more problems than can be solved. It always sounds like a cliche, but maybe I just cannot see them. How do you find these? Speak to people? I don't know any owners of companies.

I have considered running some form of survey for multiple industries to try identify pain points but imagine that may not produce much fruit.

Honestly I would love any tangible advice you can give. Even some examples ( but not essential ) as I think I struggle to accept that some things are actually real problems that businesses would pay for.

I work in the Oil and Gas industry. The options here are extremely limited as it is very big business and problems are not ones a startup could solve. Always willing to do the work but how do I find the so called problems.

Frustrating!

i can relate to you,heavy machinery too that's why I left and now towards marine

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.