- Joined
- May 14, 2013
- Messages
- 5
Rep Bank
$100
$100
User Power: 20%
A quick description of the business so everyone knows what I'm talking about: The premise is that I buy old broken/obsolete computers from people, gut them (the computers, not my customers
), and sell off the parts to larger processing plants.
I ran this business on the side previously, but I had piggy-backed off an already existing scrap metal recycler to get customers. I have since moved several hundred miles away, and I do not have any contacts in my new location. I've been working on getting this business back up and running, however I've been having trouble getting any kind of steady supply coming in. I've tried Craigslist wanted ads and I recently had fliers printed and placed them at a store my friend works at. I am offering to pay cash and I pick up in my local area. The Craigslist ad resulted in one call (2 computers) and I haven't received any reply from the fliers.
I know there is potential here because I see computers being dropped off at the local recycling centers for free every week. I have tried purchasing from these centers, but everything they collect is county owned and under contract, so I can't touch them.
So, my question is, how do I get my name out there? This is my first 100% independent business. I'm more than willing to learn and research anything I need to, but I guess what I need is a point in the right direction. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I ran this business on the side previously, but I had piggy-backed off an already existing scrap metal recycler to get customers. I have since moved several hundred miles away, and I do not have any contacts in my new location. I've been working on getting this business back up and running, however I've been having trouble getting any kind of steady supply coming in. I've tried Craigslist wanted ads and I recently had fliers printed and placed them at a store my friend works at. I am offering to pay cash and I pick up in my local area. The Craigslist ad resulted in one call (2 computers) and I haven't received any reply from the fliers.
I know there is potential here because I see computers being dropped off at the local recycling centers for free every week. I have tried purchasing from these centers, but everything they collect is county owned and under contract, so I can't touch them.
So, my question is, how do I get my name out there? This is my first 100% independent business. I'm more than willing to learn and research anything I need to, but I guess what I need is a point in the right direction. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
