Most that read this will not have any idea who I am...I've been a member for a few months but have not spent much time on the forum. Here is my intro thread https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...u-mj-for-this-awesome-book.62698/#post-485533
Short intro, I'm 24 years old, currently own a semi-slowlane business (lawn/landscape/snow, started in 2011, grad'd from college w/ a Horticulture degree in 2013) and I own one fastlane business (launched one digital info product last month, more on the way, and planning to create a couple apps after that) I'm extremely close to selling everything in the slowlane business, & move to a new town to continue pursuing my fastlane endeavors - I've been in the same city my entire life and now I'm quickly realizing this is almost a quarter century.
Plus, if I'm away from the "safety net" of my parents' house, extended family, it would be a big factor in driving major action ... but that's a discussion for a different thread.
I don't belong to many forums other than the one I advertise my digital products on so I figured I'd put myself out there with asking this question, is it bad that I'd like to see the answers/get advice from those on here than my "friends" in person?
So last week I went to my bank to make a deposit and the teller (an attractive girl that's around my age who has worked there for about the last year - whenever I go there we chat a bit whether it's in the drive-up or if I walk in) ran my deposit, and after sending my receipt back to me she had said "Hey, nice haircut!" (I changed up how I had my haircut about 1.5 weeks ago.)
I was in the drive-up about 30' away (tough to see? It's not like I dyed my hair blue lol) from where she was so I thought this was definitely out of characteristic from our normal convos and I don't get compliments often..... so I fumbled my words and said "Oh thanks! I love it!" and then I don't remember exactly what was said after that, probably something like "Have a great weekend!" .. "You too!"
With all that said, she didn't see my accounts and see 7 figures in them and all the sudden say that, my acct. balances aren't even close to that! I sacrificed having a "comfortable" salary this year in order by hiring more employees to replace myself so I could spend more time pursuing my fastlane business after I read TMF last winter and changed my mindset on business for the better, but my employees probably have more money than I do (figuratively). I've spent 90% of my time working the past few years, I really don't remember the last official "date" I went on, if ever actually now that I think back to even high school, and I've never had an official gf. I'm thinking if this girl said that compliment, she's probably into me and I wouldn't mind getting to know her, so why not ask her out? After reading some threads tonight especially MJ's "How bad do you want it? Enough to go "all in?" I want to get out of my comfort zone and try it out! Ideas are worthless without execution!
The worst thing that could happen is she says "no" or "I'm seeing someone", etc. I just don't know exactly what to say since the only time I see her is when she's working.
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Short intro, I'm 24 years old, currently own a semi-slowlane business (lawn/landscape/snow, started in 2011, grad'd from college w/ a Horticulture degree in 2013) and I own one fastlane business (launched one digital info product last month, more on the way, and planning to create a couple apps after that) I'm extremely close to selling everything in the slowlane business, & move to a new town to continue pursuing my fastlane endeavors - I've been in the same city my entire life and now I'm quickly realizing this is almost a quarter century.
I don't belong to many forums other than the one I advertise my digital products on so I figured I'd put myself out there with asking this question, is it bad that I'd like to see the answers/get advice from those on here than my "friends" in person?
So last week I went to my bank to make a deposit and the teller (an attractive girl that's around my age who has worked there for about the last year - whenever I go there we chat a bit whether it's in the drive-up or if I walk in) ran my deposit, and after sending my receipt back to me she had said "Hey, nice haircut!" (I changed up how I had my haircut about 1.5 weeks ago.)
I was in the drive-up about 30' away (tough to see? It's not like I dyed my hair blue lol) from where she was so I thought this was definitely out of characteristic from our normal convos and I don't get compliments often..... so I fumbled my words and said "Oh thanks! I love it!" and then I don't remember exactly what was said after that, probably something like "Have a great weekend!" .. "You too!"
With all that said, she didn't see my accounts and see 7 figures in them and all the sudden say that, my acct. balances aren't even close to that! I sacrificed having a "comfortable" salary this year in order by hiring more employees to replace myself so I could spend more time pursuing my fastlane business after I read TMF last winter and changed my mindset on business for the better, but my employees probably have more money than I do (figuratively). I've spent 90% of my time working the past few years, I really don't remember the last official "date" I went on, if ever actually now that I think back to even high school, and I've never had an official gf. I'm thinking if this girl said that compliment, she's probably into me and I wouldn't mind getting to know her, so why not ask her out? After reading some threads tonight especially MJ's "How bad do you want it? Enough to go "all in?" I want to get out of my comfort zone and try it out! Ideas are worthless without execution!
The worst thing that could happen is she says "no" or "I'm seeing someone", etc. I just don't know exactly what to say since the only time I see her is when she's working.
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
