The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My "why"

gotbalz

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 2, 2010
New Yawk
I think I have figured out my biggest "WHY" I want to be succesful. Now that is has started snowing here in upstate NY I remember why I want to move out of this state and down to a warmer climate.

I cant take many more of these stinking cold winters with our average of 115 inches of snow!! The problem is I have too many things going on here to just pick up and leave (business, real estate). Other than those things my family is all for moving. They hate the cold and snow too.

I need to shift gears and get out of the slowlane!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Yep snow is nice for skiing and visitin or in the movies. Not for me to live in though. Good luck with the move. It will be 72 here tomorrow.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Yep snow is nice for skiing and visitin or in the movies. Not for me to live in though. Good luck with the move. It will be 72 here tomorrow.

Jerk :smxB:

I think I have figured out my biggest "WHY" I want to be succesful. Now that is has started snowing here in upstate NY I remember why I want to move out of this state and down to a warmer climate.

I cant take many more of these stinking cold winters with our average of 115 inches of snow!! The problem is I have too many things going on here to just pick up and leave (business, real estate). Other than those things my family is all for moving. They hate the cold and snow too.

I need to shift gears and get out of the slowlane!!

Awesome! But please remember that you have to find that threshold to actually make change. One reason never makes you do anything. But when it's stacked reasons, now you have some power!

To get yourself to really take action you have to make it worse than it really is (in your mind at least). I remember I hit this point myself, I couldn't sleep one night years ago and took out a sheet of paper and wrote down every single reason why my life sucked and why I needed to change it. Motivation to last a life time I-tell-hugh-what!

Good luck!

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ

:iagree:

Best part is being in PHX we have Flagstaff only 2hrs north for whenever I want to see snow or snowboard.

How's the summers in TX though? Thankfully we'll be in Chicago for a couple months and will only catch the worst of PHX for a month or so.

Awesome! But please remember that you have to find that threshold to actually make change. One reason never makes you do anything. But when it's stacked reasons, now you have some power!

Do what MJ does, try a WADM - Weighted Average Decision Matrix ;)

Here's the example from the book:

Factors | Detroit | Phoenix
Weather(10) | 2[20] | 8[80]
Schools(3) | 2[6] | 3[9]
Cost of Living(6) | 5[30] | 7[42]
Business Climate(2) | 6[12] | 4[8]
Taxes(7) | 6[42] | 7[49]
Safety(4) | 3[12] | 6[24]
Entertainment(8) | 5[40] | 2[16]
Near Family(7) | 10[70] | 0[0]
TOTAL - 232 228

In this example Detroit wins, but as you can see you take the factors that are important to you and give a weight to them based on their importance, this example shows that WEATHER was most important and BUSINESS CLIMATE was least. In addition to the weight, you rank each factor and let the math be your ultimate guide :)

We didn't do one for Chicago to Phoenix, although I'm very certain that Phoenix would've won hands down since my categories and weights would be the same with the only exception being swapping out ENTERTAINMENT for OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES and since we have family in both locations and would give similar point values to PHX(except for a higher score in BUSINESS CLIMATE and SAFETY), it's a no-brainer that PHX was the right choice.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Also here in the Netherlands I am now looking out of the window and the only thing I see is snow.
I would rather live in the south of Spain and am working on being able to move to Spain within the next two years.

gotbalz

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 2, 2010
New Yawk
:iagree:

Best part is being in PHX we have Flagstaff only 2hrs north for whenever I want to see snow or snowboard.

How's the summers in TX though? Thankfully we'll be in Chicago for a couple months and will only catch the worst of PHX for a month or so.

Do what MJ does, try a WADM - Weighted Average Decision Matrix ;)

Here's the example from the book:

Factors | Detroit | Phoenix
Weather(10) | 2[20] | 8[80]
Schools(3) | 2[6] | 3[9]
Cost of Living(6) | 5[30] | 7[42]
Business Climate(2) | 6[12] | 4[8]
Taxes(7) | 6[42] | 7[49]
Safety(4) | 3[12] | 6[24]
Entertainment(8) | 5[40] | 2[16]
Near Family(7) | 10[70] | 0[0]
TOTAL - 232 228

In this example Detroit wins, but as you can see you take the factors that are important to you and give a weight to them based on their importance, this example shows that WEATHER was most important and BUSINESS CLIMATE was least. In addition to the weight, you rank each factor and let the math be your ultimate guide :)

We didn't do one for Chicago to Phoenix, although I'm very certain that Phoenix would've won hands down since my categories and weights would be the same with the only exception being swapping out ENTERTAINMENT for OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES and since we have family in both locations and would give similar point values to PHX(except for a higher score in BUSINESS CLIMATE and SAFETY), it's a no-brainer that PHX was the right choice.

I will run those numbers but I dont think I will be able to get past the weather factor as it is a very important thing for me. Have you heard of "seasonal affective disorder" haha, well I have it. 6 months of cloudy days here along with the snow is too depressing for me. I am working on some other options to build an income that I could take with me when I move. Selling my assets here will also generate a sizable amount of cash to relocate. Well, it will be sizable to me but chumpchange to some!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.