Okay I think it's now time for me to ask for feedback regarding my "business".
I used to project creating a video game and selling it but the problem was that I was making something for "love", a good game for a few users (including me), but something hard to sell (hard to do something polished). My only experience that would be close to entrepreneurship would be creating games. I love trying new/semi-new concept, I think I am good at building "rules" that allows fun interactions between people. Well I might be wrong but that's not the point here.
My strategy is to start a cool website, build a community, than monetise it. If it fails I would have learned something anyway, so my approach is about exploration.
So I'm working on this website:
Untold Magic : Welcome
Basically it's a site about paranormal, that proposes you to develop your abilities (knowledge and paranormal "powers") to experiment paranormal things. The site has an ambivalent sceptic approach at first (it tells you that you shouldn't expect to achieve paranormal thing) but as you progress you will have access to wilder content (so that I don't scare newcomers with nonsense!).
This site is a little like a sect: You start with personality test (or something like that), then you start at level 1 in a discipline you have chosen (for example ghost hunting). At each level you unlock guides that will teach you things. You can post in a forum to gain experience. The experience system is made in way that is supposed to encourage creating credible stories (faked or not) and supporting the stories of the others. The forum is based around locations that users can create separately. There will also be exams (tests for your knowledge) and mentoring (to get to the next level you need support from X members of n+1 level).
My plan in chronological order :
-Have content such as guides, tests (not implemented yet), and maybe fake posts on the forum to bait trolls or normal people.
-Then Get lots of 12 years old to post on my website on a daily basis. Use of trolls if necessary to populate the site.
-Then Get more serious users. Users that could buy something.
-Then Get people to do things irl (exploring places designated in the website for example), create a bond between real life and the universe of the website.
-Then Sell products , or services (like ghost hunting hardware, gemstones or psychic reading). Maybe an ebook, well , anything.
-Then CREATE products, start a brand.
Timeframe: I want to reach the point I have daily posts on my forum within the next 3 months. Within the next 6 months successfully monetise it.
Design : Well I know the rock image in the background is surprising at first, but I think it's ok for now, gimme your thoughts.
I know I don't really have a business model, but it's a start. I plan to build my success little by little.
Thanks for reading
I used to project creating a video game and selling it but the problem was that I was making something for "love", a good game for a few users (including me), but something hard to sell (hard to do something polished). My only experience that would be close to entrepreneurship would be creating games. I love trying new/semi-new concept, I think I am good at building "rules" that allows fun interactions between people. Well I might be wrong but that's not the point here.
My strategy is to start a cool website, build a community, than monetise it. If it fails I would have learned something anyway, so my approach is about exploration.
So I'm working on this website:
Untold Magic : Welcome
Basically it's a site about paranormal, that proposes you to develop your abilities (knowledge and paranormal "powers") to experiment paranormal things. The site has an ambivalent sceptic approach at first (it tells you that you shouldn't expect to achieve paranormal thing) but as you progress you will have access to wilder content (so that I don't scare newcomers with nonsense!).
This site is a little like a sect: You start with personality test (or something like that), then you start at level 1 in a discipline you have chosen (for example ghost hunting). At each level you unlock guides that will teach you things. You can post in a forum to gain experience. The experience system is made in way that is supposed to encourage creating credible stories (faked or not) and supporting the stories of the others. The forum is based around locations that users can create separately. There will also be exams (tests for your knowledge) and mentoring (to get to the next level you need support from X members of n+1 level).
My plan in chronological order :
-Have content such as guides, tests (not implemented yet), and maybe fake posts on the forum to bait trolls or normal people.
-Then Get lots of 12 years old to post on my website on a daily basis. Use of trolls if necessary to populate the site.
-Then Get more serious users. Users that could buy something.
-Then Get people to do things irl (exploring places designated in the website for example), create a bond between real life and the universe of the website.
-Then Sell products , or services (like ghost hunting hardware, gemstones or psychic reading). Maybe an ebook, well , anything.
-Then CREATE products, start a brand.
Timeframe: I want to reach the point I have daily posts on my forum within the next 3 months. Within the next 6 months successfully monetise it.
Design : Well I know the rock image in the background is surprising at first, but I think it's ok for now, gimme your thoughts.
I know I don't really have a business model, but it's a start. I plan to build my success little by little.
Thanks for reading
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
