What's new

My Progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

foreverforex

New Contributor
Joined
Mar 4, 2015
Messages
13
Rep Bank
$70
User Power: 38%
Over 3 years ago I knew EVERYTHING. That's right. Everything. You name it, I knew it. Well, at least that's what I thought. I threw school away, jumped onto an apprenticeship and thought I was a king, earning $500 / week. Well, sure. Don't get me wrong, the party life was a lot of fun, but now my eyes have opened and I've realised that what I've been doing was wrong.

I started out working 45-50 hours a week, as time went on that soon grew to 50-60 hours a week. This was very life consuming, I didn't have much spare time and I kept complaining that I had no free time and that I was just a slave. Eventually I couldn't handle it, I handed in my resignation after having another job lined up doing the same stuff. However, this new job offered me 30-40 hours a week. Yes, it doesn't seem like much. But I don't have any dependents or responsibilities which require income so it works.

The spare time I now have, doesn't go wasted. Personally I consider it a lot more valuable than working for an employer, even at first when I wasn't earning as much as I would be if I was working. The knowledge and reality you unlock by doing this is far more valuable, it cannot be bought.

Anyway, getting back to the stream of the topic. I had an idea and I decided to act on it.

My idea was simple, but I was scared because it was challenging to overcome things because I'd never done anything like this before. Eventually I got things together and began. Keep in mind, I have programming skills which I learned when I was younger (self-taught) which has been greatly utilised. I paid for and setup my own website. Installed some e-commerce software, got graphics design work done by a friend and WAH BAM! I have a nifty looking website.

Yeah there's still lots of things to do. Finding genuine suppliers who aren't third-party derivatives of manufacturers and getting yourself established in the market.

I did both. I found 2 very friendly manufacturing companies who supply the same type of product who are good to deal with. Before I knew it, samples had arrived and it was time to order some stock.

All that was easy. Getting my company established was more challenging than that though. It's been an interesting path; a combination of advertising, trading websites, facebook and word of mouth have all come together to help establish my company. Which is great! It sounds easy when I put it like that, it was not quite like that at all!

I don't make hundreds of sales daily. I do make sales, the customers are happy and I do make money and if I can tick those 3 boxes then what I'm doing is right. It's been a very interesting journey so far and I look forward to what happens next. If worst comes to worst I'm only 20 and I have a lot of time left ahead of me (well at least I think).

This forum has greatly helped me. I've contacted numerous members via private mail and I've read a lot of different threads on here. Those things have been really valuable to me. It's really helped open my eyes and have a different angle on how to live life.

What's your guys thoughts on my progress?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Zua'wi velip e hsiev gostv tviq! O jewi vu eqqmeaf zua up nuwoph vuxesft zuas fsien epf puv tvodloph vu tunivjoph vjev katv nelit zua nupiz cav fuitp'v neli zua jeqqz. Vjisi ot e tezoph vjev og zua fu xjev zua muwi vji nupiz xomm gummux. Tvodl xovj xjev liiqt zuas giimoph eddunqmotjif epf jeqqz. Puvjoph ot e hsievis sixesf vjep lpuxoph vjev zua esi neloph e foggisipdi op zuas mogi. Liiq miespoph! Og zua fup'v lpux, etl! Vji citv qesv ug nuwoph gusxesf ot tezoph, "Jiz, O fup'v lpux, cav O'n huoph vu gopf uav." Tvez zuas qevj epf hu ges!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom