The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Plan

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Ever since I have been about 16, I want to own a business. Now I am 22 and still no progress. It is frustrating, I think about possibly business ideas all the time. I have tried MLM, a web business with a friend, and other small ventures. All failed. I learned a lot from all the failures so it is something I do not regret. After reading the success of others here at fastlane, I am ready to make another go at it. Before I continue, I am currently a full-time E (Well, 30 hours a week) and go to school full-time. I am on pace to graduate about two years from now. Here are my plans for the next two years.

From Nov 07- June 08 (big gap because real busy with other obligations)
1. Continue going to school.
2. Continue working.
3. Read related books to my plan.
3. Read forums and E-Books on my plan.
5. Spend minimum of 5 hours a week on preparing my business.

July 08-Sept 08
1. Continue going to school
2. Continue working
3. Continue reading/learning about business.
4. Launch website and marketing campaign. (small scale)
5. Improve business operations and profitability.

Oct. 08-Dec 08
1. Continue school
2. Continue working
3. Still reading and learning about business (ALWAYS)
4. Improve profitability

This is my plan for the next two years, over the next two years I am gong to keep you guys informed on what I am doing. Why would I do this? It motivates me not to be lazy! I don’t want YOU to think I am lazy and not moving towards and into the fastlane!

Wow…two years of my lift planned out! I am sure the plan will be modified as we go but hopefully I will be accelerating through this plan, rather than lagging behind making excuses.

My business idea is online, B2B, service based, BTW. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Thanks, I will be laying out a business plan for my idea before anything is launched. I failed to do this in the past and it is something that will not be repeated. Thanks for the sound advice. I am going to be posted some goals up here soon along with some books that I am reading.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
It sounds a bit like my plan. I've gone to school, graduated, worked, started a business, failed, got laid off, now I am back in school. After reading some success stories though, I am ready to brush my shoulder off and try starting another business. Where in NC are you and what school are you attending? I am at ECU and plan on starting a web business by the first quarter of '08.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Another point I would make is that if you have been "thinking" about business ideas for the past 4 years and have yet to take action, make a business plan like JScott suggests and TAKE ACTION NOW. Why wait until July 2008 to get started?

It takes one to know one. Trust me. I've been "thinking" since 2003.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Thanks for the reply. I am going to Gardner-Webb but through my local community college at night. I am close to Wilkesboro, NC. I either am working or at school every night during the week so I stay busy. Am I putting it off? Yes. I just feel that my knowledge of marketing online and building a web business is not where I want it to be when I make a launch. BTW, I enjoyed my pack beating up on ECU in football. Basketball is just around the corner as well! haha :)

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
BTW, I enjoyed my pack beating up on ECU in football. Basketball is just around the corner as well! haha :)

HAHA, that was an upsetting day for us Pirates. at the tailgate just about every Pack fan i talked to said it was going to be a sad day cause we were going to put a whooping on them. definately wasnt the case, i didnt even feel like going out to the bars afterwards. hell i wanted to go home and cry myself to sleep.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.