The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My plan, your input welcome. Thanks!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

LT27

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 29, 2016
Ohio
My very first post said something like, "This (my journey) will be interesting."
I think I guaranteed it actually. Here is a little more information about my situation....

I am happy with my current job. I work full time and believe in what I do. Making more money outside my salary is my goal. This idea was born in 2013. I became a Certified Home Inspector via an online course through a reputable company and passed the exam in 2014. Since then, I have followed through with a training plan by doing practice inspections for friends and family and then several paid inspections.

I chose a trade because it could potentially be done anywhere should my family and I move. Reading MJ's book has stimulated many ideas on different routes to take to achieve said goal. I'm thinking of building a simple business in this field by training another inspector (subcontractor), and eventually doing Home Inspections with, not 1 but 2 inspectors. To be clear, most home inspections are done with one inspector. My plan, resulting from my personal experience of how an inspection could be done better, and more importantly, as a way to differentiate from every other inspector that I've researched, is to have two inspectors perform a home inspection.

To me, this meets a practical need. Doing an home inspection is an athletic event; (climbing ladders, navigating crawl spaces, etc..) Simply having someone to hold the ladder, flashlight, the gadget that collects the data, etc... can be worth paying your help for.

The psychological benefit to the customer (always the potential buyer or seller), is a huge decrease in the chance of an accident, a huge decrease in the chance of missing an important deficiency in the home's major systems or components (which is, by definition, the whole purpose of a home inspection). Right now, I'm thinking I would increase the price of my home inspection by around 30%. Ballpark for a typical home inspection is $300-$350. So, at 30% I'd be charging $390 - $455.

Long range goal (3-5 years) (this has been in the brainstorm phase).....Have 6-8 Certified and/or Licensed Inspectors doing at least 3-5 inspections/week for my company. This amounts to $3510 - $3000 day of gross income/week.

Another factor I forgot to mention is the projected need for the trades to be fulfilled due to baby boomer retirement within the next 5 years.

I'm just looking for some validation on this idea, not necessarily someone to de-construct every detail I may have missed. Many details I have already thought through have been omitted out of consideration for the reader.

Thanks everyone for any positive input and/or advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.