The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My "pincer" SEO strategy - good for newbies

mkzhang

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 30, 2009
Per Lighthouse's suggestion, I figure I share my key to easy SEO success.

This is an adaptation of SEO for blogs, I have changed a few things to make it work very well for E commerce and any type of non blog sites. That is why this is so valuable :p

Basically SEO is around:

40% on page
60% off page

So there we go, hit the on page and off page all at once, the pincer maneuver.

With that in mind, find out what keyword you are going for, do a search on Google to see how many hits you get (anything more than 2 mill hits mean you are in for a battle).

Now look at which page the Google search result should go to.

After you pick your keyword and page follow these steps.

On site:

Rewrite the product description or content to be as information rich as possible, as much keyword as possible relating to the field (singular and plural). For example, if I am selling "digital camera" it would be something like this:

"Nikon D40 digital camera. Rated as one of the best camera for photography hobbyists, not only is it easy to use, it also contains many advanced features that more expensive digital cameras have. It's easy to shoot digital camera features flatter the skills of amateurs and rewards those of experience - the Nikon D40 digital camera has been rated the best bang for the bucks in the world of digital photography many years in a row!

This digital camera has the capabilities to shoot in HDR, shoot at night, and also manual mode for high quality digital pictures of custom aperture and shutter rates. Comes with this camera is a durable Nikon camera strap and lens covers"

Notice all the keyword rich yet not spammy descriptions. Now do the same for Meta descriptions, and title tags of the page.

Off site:

Now the first thing I recommend you to do is to make a company blog. On your blog, you should have keyword links that links back to your page.

You can blog about anything you want. Say you were doing digital camera, blog about it. You can blog about anything you find on the internet or in your life:

• New camera tech
  • New cameras
  • Photography tips
  • Photography sites
  • Car shows, pics of cars
  • Bikini shows photography
  • Whatever you want!
In every blog post, have 2 keywords, 1 for digital camera, which links to your site's page, the other will be anything... eg: "photography" and it will link to an authority site (go to Google, search for photography, the first site you find is what Google considered to be authority site, also .EDU and .GOV as well).

In every blog post, be sure to have some pictures. Make sure you host your own pictures, and give them good names (aka "hot_chick_bikini_contest.jpg"), that way when Google spiders your blog, you can be found under those bikini terms as well, wouldn't hurt right?

As you blog, comment on other people's blogs with some insightful and contributing comments. You can find other blogs via your blogs network such as within wordpress if you use wordpress, within blogspot if you use blog spot etc.

As you do this, your blog will get noticed, and once in a while, you will have a blog post that is a hit (aka bikini contest :p).

Now that's that, keep up the blogging!

Now for the linking:

They say no follow links are useless, I say they are not.

When you comment on blogs that doesn't need login, you can type in your own user name and a link for your website, the link that generates in your comment for you name is a no follow link. What no follow does in theory is to tell Google not to give "link juice" to that link, to stop people from blog spamming, aka why people don't bother anymore.

This what you do, go to Google, search for blogs relating to digital cameras, photography, car show, anything that is related to digital camera (your keyword) some how.

Search: "digital camera comment" or "car shows comment" etc

This will bring up all of the sites relating to the keywords... and what "comment" does is so the result will most likely be a blog with the link to post your comment :smxF:

Now you read the blog post, and post a comment! Make sure your comment is helpful, relevant, or interesting. Bad comment that comes across as spam will get deleted, which defeats your purpose.

For the user name and website link in most blog comment entries, you do the following.

Make the link to your page that you optimized for earlier on your site.

For the user name, use a variation of your keyword:

New digital camera
Awesome digital camera
Digital camera explained
etc

You must do this, if you keep using "digital camera" by itself, Google will know you are linking the "un-natural" way and black list you :fryingpan:.

Now just keep blogging, and keep commenting! Just avoid commenting on junk blogs :)

If the term has less than 2 mill Google search results, then you should be within top 4 in a month or two. If more then you must keep up the hard work, within a few months you should see your term fighting for the top :hurray:.

Keep in mind highly competitive terms in fields such as travel is..... hard. You are up against online companies with multi million dollar SEO budgets, so some times it takes a while.

--------

This was the method I used, I used to work for an online retailer selling costumes. One of the examples was I did "iron man costumes".

I blogged about:

Iron man movie ---> okay hit
Iron man suit's technology explained ----> HUGE hit, I am also an engineer so that helps :p
Halo back story ---> HUGE hit, full of spoilers for those who didn't play the whole game :p aka me, too lazy haha

I commented on many Halo and Iron man related blogs, one of the blogs I commented on, someone submitted an hand made Iron man costume made of fiber glass. That got so popular it became a 400 comment post, and I was the 2nd person who commented under the name "cool iron man costume".

The very next day the page I was working for ranked #2 for Iron man costume (its #1 now if you check) :)

Good hunting!

EDIT:

ALSO, at times when you are looking for blogs to hit, it seems like you are out of sources, and that you have searched the end of the internet (LOL) and can't find anything more. If that's the case then get creative :) Imagine me, having to do link building on Tinkerbelle....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BurnBright

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 8, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
Is it a coincidence that the adsense banner above is for digital photography school?
Thanks for posting this is interesting stuff which I am trying to learn right now your post was very easier then most to understand for a beginner. rep++

mkzhang

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 30, 2009
Is it a coincidence that the adsense banner above is for digital photography school?
Thanks for posting this is interesting stuff which I am trying to learn right now your post was very easier then most to understand for a beginner. rep++

Nope no coincidence at all, you see Adsense, which basically uses the same engine that Google uses, looks at keywords and tries to match the ads accordingly. The better you do the descriptions and contents the easier Google can do its thing, and the higher you rank.

From the amount of digital camera ads you see in this thread, it means if Google were to spider your site/page, it would no mistake in what you are offering :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.