The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Own Automotive YouTube Channel!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Just beginning to burn through the Reddit subs for free traffic, and got a neat surprise this morning... We're featured on CarThrottle.

i6Y2Jle.png

What a sweet surprise, more free traffic! Let's hope the virality continues. Notice how the video is extensively watermarked too. Traffic on our website is up to about 3x its normal level today.

I'd still appreciate likes and subscriptions, as they really help me get sponsorship, and they don't cost anything :)

I'll continue to report on events as they transpire.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
So, between the ice video and the corvette sliding video, we've done around 17,000 views in the last 7-10 days or so by my calculation. We've also added 4 subscribers (lame trumpet waaah-waaah), which isn't as good, but we'll get there. The Instagram account is up 15 follows since the last post, and engagement continues to be high, about 50 likes per day. My next goal is to defibrillate Twitter and Facebook and get them spun up. I have another video done and loaded up into YouTube, I'll probably release it early on here tomorrow and then begin promoting it on other channels during prime time next week. I'm still very hopeful to make contact with sponsors next week, but if things are really flying I might wait until the last week of the month so that my metrics are as impressive as possible when speaking to them.

Also, if you guys wouldn't mind, one of the downsides of being picked up by a few automotive blogs is that a group of anti-American-car-trolls (yes, they exist) apparently found the video last night, and "disliked it" multiple times and left all kinds of childish comments about Corvettes sucking, being for old men with gold chains, making bad HP/L, etc. that I had to delete this morning when I woke up. If you have YT accounts, I'd appreciate some extra likes on this video, since I can't make their dislikes go away, and I'm worried what might happen with sponsors since a 2-1 like/dislike ratio is actually extremely bad for a video.

Don't bother if it's a hassle for you to log in or anything though. This is the least of my problems; even the million-subscriber YouTubers in the documentary Please Subscribe repeatedly mentioned the horrible, vulgar, and stalkerish trolls they had to deal with on a regular basis. Part of the medium, I guess. Onward and upward.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Thanks for the likes, it really helps. Man, I can't understand why people show up to piss on other people's stuff (the trolls weren't even talking about the video, just how bad the car was. Don't like Vettes? Don't click on links to Vette videos, lol.

As I predicted, things are starting to snowball. Last night, with no new posts, my IG account got 5 new IG followers and about 50 likes across various photos, and actual humans are interacting with the feed pretty regularly. I'm also Approaching 20,000 views in the last week or so (and I still have a slew of traffic sources to engage for the videos). My goal is to crack views in the period between January 6 and February 6. These shorter videos are designed to build that view count which will gain sponsors, because until I get a partnership, that's where all the money comes from. I'll talk specific figures on the inside, but the

Like a self published book, every new video seems to bump the views of the previous ones, so I picked up around 900 views on my older videos when the last one dropped. I'm still 100% ready to run paid traffic (I have a cupon) starting next week too. Ideally, although it might be a stretch, I'd like to run 100,000 views of traffic in the next month.

New video is up. I'm not going to run traffic to it until the correct time of the weekly cycle to maximize views, so you'll be the first people to see it until next week. As always, likes and subscriptions are greatly appreciated.

In other news, I've made another car purchase, and am on the cusp of making a second one, possibly today (Another Dodge Viper).

Here's the car:

sabNVhj.jpg

WYmHLv8.jpg

YWXhoYt.jpg

600 HP. Great fodder for the channel. Also great for some other stuff I'll talk about on the inside.

Last edited:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Liked :)
So, between the ice video and the corvette sliding video, we've done around 17,000 views in the last 7-10 days or so by my calculation. We've also added 4 subscribers (lame trumpet waaah-waaah), which isn't as good, but we'll get there. The Instagram account is up 15 follows since the last post, and engagement continues to be high, about 50 likes per day. My next goal is to defibrillate Twitter and Facebook and get them spun up. I have another video done and loaded up into YouTube, I'll probably release it early on here tomorrow and then begin promoting it on other channels during prime time next week. I'm still very hopeful to make contact with sponsors next week, but if things are really flying I might wait until the last week of the month so that my metrics are as impressive as possible when speaking to them.

Also, if you guys wouldn't mind, one of the downsides of being picked up by a few automotive blogs is that a group of anti-American-car-trolls (yes, they exist) apparently found the video last night, and "disliked it" multiple times and left all kinds of childish comments about Corvettes sucking, being for old men with gold chains, making bad HP/L, etc. that I had to delete this morning when I woke up. If you have YT accounts, I'd appreciate some extra likes on this video, since I can't make their dislikes go away, and I'm worried what might happen with sponsors since a 2-1 like/dislike ratio is actually extremely bad for a video.

Don't bother if it's a hassle for you to log in or anything though. This is the least of my problems; even the million-subscriber YouTubers in the documentary Please Subscribe repeatedly mentioned the horrible, vulgar, and stalkerish trolls they had to deal with on a regular basis. Part of the medium, I guess. Onward and upward.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Thanks for the likes bros, keep em coming. We're making huge moves next week. Once I wrangle my first sponsor, I'll have a ton of good info to report. Oh, BTW, @biophase was right about the plane tickets. I just checked again today, down $50 since Jan 1. Not sure if I'll wait till 45 days or wuss out and buy them now before I lose money, but thrilled to be going either way. TOTALLY stoked to soak up the knowledge and finally meet you guys. Also, just checked the view count on the video I released Tuesday, and

it__s_over_9000_.png

Not too bad for three days, 60 subscribers and zero ad spend :)

Last edited:

vap3

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Nov 11, 2013
saw your one year thread, and had to voice my support to you! subscribed to your YT video!

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Yeah. Just to be clear though, so nobody goes off the (lol) that money isn't from my YT channel. My YT channel is substantially in the red at this point, when you factor in the cost of cameras and equipment.

Last edited:

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Alright, I'm back. So, I rode 720 miles in the back of a 2003 Chevy Cav. to pick up the new car (I have relatives down south that a family member was visiting, so I tagged along to cut cost of acquisition down). The Lingenfelter Z06 was better than described. I'm really excited to have it, and try out my more fine-tuned flipping skills. The car itself is excellent, but I ran into some issues with his bank that made me feel even more antipathy towards middle management drones than I already do (six of them sat around doing nothing for the seller, their customer while my bank in PA hauled a$$ to help me from half-way across the country). By the time the ordeal was over, I was 4 hours late on the departure, putting me home at 2AM instead of 10PM, and physically exhausted and ill. After that, even the buzz of a new car wasn't very much of a pick-me-up. I just wanted to get home, maybe a bit too badly:

dpVa7a4.png

With one unfortunate Google-maps-failure related detour through the ghetto of Baltimore at midnight, I made it home without incident, and the car is safely stored and awaiting warmer weather to be cleaned thoroughly and restored. Here's a mod list:

Engine:

• CNC Ported Stage 2 LS1 cylinder heads
• Dual valve springs and lightweight valve spring retainers
• Over sized stainless steel intake/exhaust valves
• Three angle valve job, set correct spring tensions & heights
• Custom Competition Cams hydraulic roller camshaft
• Oil pump modified for additional capacity and volume
• Ported and polished throttle body
• Taylor 8.5 MM spark plug wires/NGK V-Power Plugs
• Blackwing Filter
• Custom Lingenfelter Dyno Tune

Drive Train:
LS7 Clutch/Flywheel

Exhaust:
Stainless long-tube headers and X-pipe
High-flow cats
Titanium catback

Suspension:
Bilstein adjustable dampers
metal sway bar end links
Lowered 2" on poly bushings

Wheels:
HRE forged 18"s with 335 (13" wide!) drag radials in the rear via chasis mini tubing).

First fill up, after 500 miles of open road.

hppVPbH.jpg

Should be a blast to own for a few months and the subject of a bunch of videos.

In other news, I'm planning on a general channel introduction on Reddit in the coming week. This is where I lay out the long-term plan and an initial "get to know the channel" episode that will set the future direction for all releases and hopefully build an initial subscriber base. I'm realistically shooting for 500 subs on this release, but would be really pleased to get 1,000. I'm planning to immediately turn that around in the search for sponsors as I start producing how-to videos.

So far, I've gotten about 26,000 views in the last two weeks, which isn't bad. I'm pulling traffic to the new video over the next few days (too hard to groom the sources while on the road for maximum effect, I'll explain more about that at B&P).

I'd still appreciate likes, subs, views, whatever. Big things to come by the end of the month.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
The car is beautiful, the C5 Z06 is my #2 favorite 'Vette of all-time. C5 > C6 styling every day of the week. Car looks to be modded pretty tastefully and subtle too other than the wheels. What kind of power is it putting out with the mods?

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Tyler K

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 25, 2014
United States
Huge car fan, saving up for a VW GTI lately, nothing on your level but defiantly will stay tuned. You should try to be active on Instagram and Facebook though as it will help you get a larger presence. I own www.instagram.com/dopevdubs and it's only 4 months old but has over 13,000 followers. You should sign up on Instagram, Facebook and CarThrottle if you haven't done so already and every time you make a new video just throw it up.

For Facebook + Instagram you can also post car memes and stuff to get more traffic back to your channel. All it takes is one viral car meme and you can gain massive amounts of exposure especially for someone in the YouTube realm.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.